God0flife

My first and last post

I've watched this game grow since it's birth way back when. I, like so many others, was drawn to this simple yet powerful concept. To survive in an unforgiving world that pushed the survival genre to a whole new level. 

Bugs. Something to be expected with a game of this magnitude, yet something we knew (or thought we knew) would be fixed. However, to this day, so many years later, the game runs like a beat up old car. You never know when It's going to break down.

Your failed console port was the last straw for me. The controls are horrid, the lag is unreal, and the core gameplay is lack luster and boring at best. You can have my 30 dollars and the hours I've spent on this game as a whole, I'm done. 5+ years in the making with well more than enough funding and this is the product we get?

You should of just focused on fixing things instead of trying to add new content. It's like this, if you had a vehicle that didn't run or barely ran would you trick it out with a new paint job and rims? No, you'd get it to run. Well, your game doesn't run, and you've hid behind excuse after excuse. My favorite being "It's hard." 

Goodbye, Bohemia.

-Long-time fan

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3
  • Beans 1

Well in all fairness he has some valid reason to be frustrated. I mean, 4 million copies or so sold on Xbox alone... that is some serious cash! However, there are almost no games like DayZ and I have hope that they will get it together one day! Make DayZ Great Again :-) I remember the days in the DayZ mod, flying helicopters, driving cars, having fun... even with all the issues. This game is one of a kind and hopefully someone realizes this, so that this game or a new DayZ takes survival genre to a whole new level! If this game maintained the size, graphics, complexity but ran as smooth as Battle Field 5... Oh I would be a happy gamer! 

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShallowTech said:

Well in all fairness he has some valid reason to be frustrated. I mean, 4 million copies or so sold on Xbox alone... that is some serious cash! 

DayZ has sold less that 500k units on Xbox broham. 4M is a PC figure.

The 500k number being pushed by devs is a loaded number. 500k people is a combination of players that downloaded the initial free EA release, as well as those bought it, additionally with those who played another free period most recently.

If I was to guess, they probably sold ~250k units on XBL.

• Beans 1

On 1/9/2019 at 7:24 AM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

DayZ has sold less that 500k units on Xbox broham. 4M is a PC figure.

The 500k number being pushed by devs is a loaded number. 500k people is a combination of players that downloaded the initial free EA release, as well as those bought it, additionally with those who played another free period most recently.

If I was to guess, they probably sold ~250k units on XBL.

What free release??

1 hour ago, Tropic_Pineapples said:

What free release??

You could download & play for an hour as a free test. Those download figures may have got included in official figure for players even without a full purchase. Hope this helps ?

On 1/8/2019 at 3:49 AM, God0flife said:

you've hid behind excuse after excuse. My favorite being "It's hard." 

it's kind of fun too