bent.toe

Oh sh*t... It's happend

I'm bored of dayz... Only took 400+ hours. 

Played it 20 minutes this past wednesday. Just walked around trying to think of something to do. Shut it off. Fired it up yesterday and tried to enjoy it... 30 minutes later i shut it off. Tried tonight... Lasted 5 minutes and boredom hit me right in the face. 

Nope... Not touching this game until next major patch, if it adds and fix a lot, or until 1.0. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Same....30 days playtime on console & I'm done. Until we get word on whether private servers or character locked servers will ever exist, sh*t we never even got a dev or media manager comment on the broken hardcore servers,  or if we will ever get the Namalsk map or if simple things like lean, hold breathe and unjam will ever be bound or added so I can just rebind them wherever I like on the elite controller I'm outy. 

Sick to the back teeth of having  to kill 1-3 server hoppers everytime I go to a military zone or seeing players exploit the loot by force respawning stuff, it just makes me feel sick to the stomach. I just want a pure hardcore survival experience where I know if I get killed that the other player isn't a hopping exploiting piece of sh*t. Not to much to ask seeing as though the vast majority of players on PC already get that experience through privately owned servers.

Tbh at this point I just feel like console players were just farmed for cash for BI, how the actual f*ck don't we still not have hold breathe functionality! 

Also I'm four ciders in so apologies BI but seriously up your game bro.

• Like 3

Literally all I need to stay interested is fully functioning persistence but we don't even have that. C'mon devs, I've playing DayZ since 2012. It's time to make this shit work.

• Sad 1

One thing is for sure, Dayz is not a hardcore survival game... Atleast not on xbox. 

No, on xbox it's a get full army gear and either an M4 or AKM and go pvp. 

Just have servers with pvp or pve split up. 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 4:43 PM, bent.toe said:

I'm bored of dayz... Only took 400+ hours. 

Starting to feel that way at 300+ hours

I've fallen into a predictable cycle that is starting to get stale.

Spawn at coast.

Loot for several hours while being super cautious.

Convince myself I can deal with the KoS crowd at mil bases/big cities.

Give someone the benefit of doubt and hesitate to KoS.

Spawn at coast. Repeat.  

It's either get geared and interact with players, or get geared and build a base. No matter which you choose, you'll probably lose all your invested time and have to do it all again. And again. And again. 

It's not a gratifying experience (to me at least) to spend 4 hours looting to die in a 4 second gunfight and that's what ends up in my head when I'm lining up my shot.  I don't want to rob you of your time.  

Bases are kind of the same boat.  Huge amount of effort for a screenshot is pretty much all they're good for. I was logging off with a barrel in my hands for a while, but lost it cause the server crashed while I was online. Now I don't even bother with that.  I'd rather lose loot to players than persistence.

To sum it all up.  I'm starting to feel like the only endgame in Dayz is to lose... And that is going to get boring quick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What developers seem to not understand with console players is that we are very picky and demanding. 

A pc player can play a broken and ugly mess for 2 years while the console community will rage like no one else. We are used to optimized (well, not Always) and triple a games from very renowned studios but now we get lazy, sloppy and ignorant developers releasing half finished games with +2 years left of development. We also get a very non-transparant attitude from developers.. Like they found a cure for cancer but are so hush hush about it. Its a video game. 

Once developers appreciate and let their fans and customers in... everything will go smoother. 

It's not a us vs them mentality that should be practiced here. 

On 1/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, bent.toe said:

One thing is for sure, Dayz is not a hardcore survival game... Atleast not on xbox. 

No, on xbox it's a get full army gear and either an M4 or AKM and go pvp. 

Just have servers with pvp or pve split up. 

Its cause theres nothing else worth doing due to server cancellations, server wipes, and all the glitches in the game on Xbox..  I've tried before.  Now it's just interesting to see how long this will go on before they actually fix the game

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

What developers seem to not understand with console players is that we are very picky and demanding. 

= LOL =

... and with a very short attention span

Look out for SURVIVAL DAYZ - a Battle Royale style DayZ game just MADE for TYPICAL console players, where you PvP, run around, PVP, act dumb, have plenty lols, PVP and do it again and again. 10 minute Games !!!  - Your fave thing Console Players - You only need ALMOST the attention span of a goldfish, you get to choose between PVP and PVP - and NOT ONE of YOU will COMPLAIN. Comes with Power Ups and Steam Achievements!

wow - You'll LOVE that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Not all of us are picky and demanding.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

= LOL =

Look out for SURVIVAL DAYZ - a Battle Royale style DayZ game just MADE for TYPICAL console players, where you PvP, run around, PVP, act dumb, have plenty lols, PVP and do it again and again. 10 minute Games !!!  - Your fave thing Console Players - You only need ALMOST the attention span of a goldfish, you get to choose between PVP and PVP - and NOT ONE of YOU will COMPLAIN. Comes with Power Ups and Steam Achievements!

wow - You'll LOVE that.

I think you mean Vigor. Also by Bohemia.  Also unfinished. Lol

Reading stuff like this really upsets me, of course I read the forums after I buy the game and have roughly 25 hours into it. Originally I thought, dang this is my kind of game I’m going to enjoy it. Sure it’s not finished but imagine the possibilities. Just to see some DayZ vets on here saying they’re over it. I know I’m new here, but come on BI, you’re losing the crowd. 

3 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

= LOL =

wow - You'll LOVE that.

What's up with the constant hate on Console players? You act like we're picking fucking religions bro, how are you going to "game slut" us for not wanting to play on PC? Many of us play on both, excuse us for occasionally wanting to enjoy casual couch gaming. God forbid we want to play video games and relax at the same time! First of all, we have every right to complain about a broken game because what BI is doing is detrimental; we understand 'game preview,' but no other game under a preview status gets ignored as much as DayZ. To become a game preview on Xbox is no easy feat, and to handle DayZ this way can severely affect an Xbox player's trust in what constitutes a "game preview." This goes beyond DayZ. We were literally a cash grab, we're 3-4 months behind PC, and we get admittance that there is no ETA for Xbox updates... Saying that we have a low attention span or just overall disrespecting us as gamers simply because we want feedback is asinine. To call us typical gamers and then shame us for that is just redundant and retarded, because yes, many of us are typical average gamers which is why we invest in a console and not a modular PC to play our games. What in God's name is so wrong with that..? With that aside, as you can see, many of us put in hundreds if not thousands of hours already into the console version so we don't even constitute a 'typical' player. We also made DayZ forums for extra involvement into the community and to provide feedback, and people like you harm the community more than DayZ's lack of updates. We get called toxic but we can't even play the game on Xbox for fear of chubs like you calling us out on it.. gtfo outta here bro. AND I like the game despite its shortcomings, which is why I provide feedback and try to involve myself with the community. Voicing our displeasure at a lack of communication is beneficial to BI, giving constructive criticism is beneficial, asking for feedback on a game we support is just common sense. ON a side note, what's up @TheYetiBum I saw you on stream. What's your tag @bent.toe? Maybe you'll have more fun running with some friendly people. 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Freedomby Anarchy said:

I think you mean Vigor. Also by Bohemia.  Also unfinished. Lol

Bohemia Interactive call it "Survival DayZ" - look at the BI site under the recruitment section - DayZ  &  Survival DayZ
(lol)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Tropic_Pineapples said:

What's up with the constant hate on Console players? You act like we're picking fucking religions bro, how are you going to "game slut" us for not wanting to play on PC?

I was replying to a post that states :

<< What developers seem to not understand with console players is that we are very picky and demanding. A pc player can play a broken and ugly mess for 2 years while the console community will rage like no one else. We are used to optimized (well, not Always) and triple a games from very renowned studios but now we get lazy, sloppy and ignorant developers releasing half finished games.>>

This is tripe and balderdash and brain rot.  I have PC and Xbox and know the strengths and weaknesses of BOTH.. and I KNOW what Xbox is designed for and what market it targets and what games sell well, and why .. OK dude? ..  So what's up with the constant chin-drool hate coming from this Thread attacking PC players?    << PC players can play a broken and ugly mess for 2 years but Console players are picky? >>

C  R  A  P 

- try to act like adults "Xbox players" OK ? You'll get replies back at the same level as your comments. Make intelligent comments.
Then you won't have to be afraid someone calls you "game slut" - whatever the hell that is.  I'm guessing it's not polite but frankly I don't know. It's not a a term I use. 

Enjoy

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

- try to act like adults "Xbox players" OK ? You'll get replies back at the same level as your comments. Make intelligent comments.
Then you won't have to be afraid someone calls you "game slut" - whatever the hell that is.  I'm guessing it's not polite but frankly I don't know. It's not a a term I use. 

Enjoy

Lol did I say that though, no I did not. You even have other Console players disagreeing with the thread-starter's tone. Look at how you replied to my comment, already you are implying that it was unintelligent and not acting of an adult, but I haven't said anything bad about PC players. You're lumping us all into one category and spurring that elitist attitude that's just nonsense. How is your reply in any way the same level as my comment, but ok bud... and to sign it with "Enjoy?" Lol quit patronizing me and then trying to take the moral high horse, its hypocritical and in no way contributes to anything. If you feel attacked, then isn't more "adult" to not reply at the same level? But I'm not gonna waste any more time addressing that. 

8 minutes ago, Tropic_Pineapples said:

You even have other Console players disagreeing with the thread-starter's tone.

16 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I have PC and Xbox and know the strengths and weaknesses of BOTH

and p.s. yes of course I'm unhappy with the state of DayZ right now - aren't you? - isn't everybody?

Over a few years Ive seen that it is NOT a mass popularity game, it is not INTENDED to be - and however well (or badly) different iterations have worked, there are ALWAYS players who don't get it, who cant stand it, who rail and spit, and drop out.  "Why isnt their an autorun" .. etc etc.... y'know?.. the players with a short attention span who want quick kicks every 5 mins. Even when DayZ is on form, this is the WRONG game for them.

Edited by pilgrim*
~

42 minutes ago, Tropic_Pineapples said:

What's up with the constant hate on Console players? You act like we're picking fucking religions bro, how are you going to "game slut" us for not wanting to play on PC? Many of us play on both, excuse us for occasionally wanting to enjoy casual couch gaming. God forbid we want to play video games and relax at the same time! First of all, we have every right to complain about a broken game because what BI is doing is detrimental; we understand 'game preview,' but no other game under a preview status gets ignored as much as DayZ. To become a game preview on Xbox is no easy feat, and to handle DayZ this way can severely affect an Xbox player's trust in what constitutes a "game preview." This goes beyond DayZ. We were literally a cash grab, we're 3-4 months behind PC, and we get admittance that there is no ETA for Xbox updates... Saying that we have a low attention span or just overall disrespecting us as gamers simply because we want feedback is asinine. To call us typical gamers and then shame us for that is just redundant and retarded, because yes, many of us are typical average gamers which is why we invest in a console and not a modular PC to play our games. What in God's name is so wrong with that..? With that aside, as you can see, many of us put in hundreds if not thousands of hours already into the console version so we don't even constitute a 'typical' player. We also made DayZ forums for extra involvement into the community and to provide feedback, and people like you harm the community more than DayZ's lack of updates. We get called toxic but we can't even play the game on Xbox for fear of chubs like you calling us out on it.. gtfo outta here bro. AND I like the game despite its shortcomings, which is why I provide feedback and try to involve myself with the community. Voicing our displeasure at a lack of communication is beneficial to BI, giving constructive criticism is beneficial, asking for feedback on a game we support is just common sense. ON a side note, what's up @TheYetiBum I saw you on stream. What's your tag @bent.toe? Maybe you'll have more fun running with some friendly people. 

Very well put Tropic. Just do as I did. Hit the cog up top and add ignore on the mister know it all pc elitist. 

I won't play the game until its patched big time or until 1.0 but i will keep you in mind and send a pm with GT once i start playing again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

I won't play the game until its patched big time or until 1.0 but i will keep you in mind and send a pm with GT once i start playing again. 

I feel like you're going to be waiting awhile then buddy, but bet, we'll run when you get back on. I actually gave DayZ a 1 month hiatus as Im on vacation, am also waiting on the next update. Currently in the Philippines/Japan 'fiending' for my daily DayZ fix more than my weed lol. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, pilgrim* said:

= LOL =

wow - You'll LOVE that.

Ok but, if it doesn’t have micro-transactions I’m not interested!

• Beans 1

20 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Ok but, if it doesn’t have micro-transactions I’m not interested!

lol - Exactly!  - well, last Monday they were looking for a project leader (I think I recall ?)  .. and today they are not (I guess they got one?) .. so ask around, there must now be someone who is putting the game-frame on the drawing board.  So if you cant live without MTs push for them. Seems to me like this will be a QTP game  [Quick To Play] so if/when it shows up on Xbox, maybe you can buy your loadout before you log in? 
and frankly - a fast QTP version of DayZ with all that "distance" & "grind" &  "boredom" taken out?   = small play area & bases & PvP  - What else would it be targeting except Xbox ? 

<< The next step: the Survivor GameZ, one of the original Battle Royale mods that helped kick-start the live streaming craze way before DayZ Standalone or PUBG were a thing.>> [BI quote]

ask Yoda

Edited by pilgrim*
~