Sign in to follow this  
Survivor1431

Be Bandit, Not a Hero

This is my official recommendation. Do not extend compassion to your desperate human survivors. Kill them on sight. Survival comes first. If you do not kill, you will be killed. Plus you can always use their resources for yourself. In the apocalypse, it is not time to be considerate, it is time to ensure your survival at all costs. If you do not steal, you will be stolen from. If you do not punch, you will be shot in the face. In fact I even suggest you chop up their body afterwards and consume their flesh. Otherwise you won't stand a chance whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Survivor1431 said:

..//..

seems reasonable

I like to pretend to be friends with someone first. That way I get my food to follow me and carry around my gear. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

You miss out on some potential adventures with this mindset, though.  I usually keep my gun put away when traveling and when I see a player, if there's is put away as well, I'll talk to them.  If they respond by getting their gun out, then I'll shoot (and most likely potato and die, of course). :)

If you're just going to KOS every time, you might as well play Fortnite.  Besides, assembling a car or building a base is more fun with a group.

I say KOS sometimes yes, but not always.

• Beans 1

one of the guys i keep in touch with very regularily i met because of dayz.  a friend of mine had a broken leg and was stuck and calling for help and a strange totally geared player showed up amd saved him.  he introduced rob to all of us and we all still game regularily.  share photos.  is probably one of the only people in my life i would call a friend even though we have never shaken hands.  never throw away the chance at an amazing interaction just to kos.  you may get killed 100 times for saying a friendly hello amd only have one good interaction but i promis when it happens it will be worth it.

• Beans 1

When everyone shoots first anyways, who is to say what is a bandit?

Got a Solnichny spawn today, ran to the single civ barracks.  Saw a geared player in the first door, and he podded off a shot before I had time to say hello.  Miraculously, I managed to knock him out with about 5-7 punches, depending on how many actually landed. (his helmet did some good work, I guess)
Took his MP5, tried tying him up, but he woke up too soon.  Came after me with his axe, refused to be reasonable, so i closed a door and shot him through it. And all he lost was all his gear, the time he already spent on that life, and the chance to run with a pretty entertaining group for an evening (or even just backstab at the right moment).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Beans 1