bent.toe

Patch this week?

It's been one hell of a week and weekends since last patch.

I hope to see atleast one big patch before the holidays. Otherwise we are kinda stuck with constant rain, crashes, zombies running through buildings, gunshot sounds dissapear, zombies that make no sound, weapon jams without fix, broken shotguns, laggy inventory, low fps in cities and rendering issues.

I would have no problem to revert back to previous patch during the holidays until this one is more stable.

• Like 1

Maybe tuesday, wednesday or thursday. Those are the days they usually release patches. Rarely do they release one monday or friday (because they cant fix the game if something goes horribly wrong during the weekend) and thursday is the last day they can submit a patch . Remember, they need to submit any new update to xbox for validation and validation takes anywhere from 24-36 hours. Xbox doesnt validate on weekends. If anything comes up during xboxs testing of the patch, it will be denied and the devs will need to fix it and resubmit it. If xbox wasnt a closed ecosystem, bohemia could release patches whenever they want.

Edited by nhow7108
  • Like 1

I guess its not happening today. I just want the rain to stop

I hope its going to be patched this week. I dont even care if its a tiny hotfix as long as it fixes the bugged weather

It's low FPS everywhere pretty much. Where it used to be locked 60fps in the countryside it's now 40-60 depending on various conditions. Also, texture streaming is very slow, especially in cities yes.

Every server has been raining. Its a bug. The weather isnt tied to server pop. Ive tried over 25 high pop and they are all raining.

Im pretty much sticking to 1 server now, 3664170. Its my home for now on

3 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

Im pretty much sticking to 1 server now, 3664170. Its my home for now on

haha thats my home server too

Doubt it.

If anything we need sound, fps, and rendering fixed first. That should be priority.

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Doubt it.

If anything we need sound, fps, and rendering fixed first. That should priority.

Agreed, I don't care about base building till they stabilise the basics first. 

46 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

Every server has been raining. Its a bug. The weather isnt tied to server pop. Ive tried over 25 high pop and they are all raining.

It seems most are raining, but I have been on a couple that are sunny. In fact, this morning, my game froze. When I rebooted, my character went from fully geared to new spawn. On the upside, it was sunrise on a blue sky server. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Agreed, I don't care about base building till they stabilise the basics first. 

It seems most are raining, but I have been on a couple that are sunny. In fact, this morning, my game froze. When I rebooted, my character went from fully geared to new spawn. On the upside, it was sunrise on a blue sky server. 

Your game probably froze right when someones bullet hit your head. It happens alot when you die

I was expecting one for today, i keep checking their tweets every 10 min lol, guess not.

18 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

Your game probably froze right when someones bullet hit your head. It happens alot when you die

That's unlikely, I was on an empty server 

I just want the rain to stop. I don’t have to visit cities to get looted, I’m just tired of constantly having a headache anytime I play. 

2 hours ago, Skimshady said:

Just jump into a high pop server there usually dry 

This is not the case in us servers, everytime I jump into high pop servers there still raining, there just not night time 

17 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That's unlikely, I was on an empty server 

May have been a zombie or wolf attack. Even a game freeze causes your character to remain in the server for 15 seconds. I had some friends verify that during a binge on Saturday in which I crashed four times (most I've ever had).

Looks like the update today was the rain fix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

Looks like the update today was the rain fix

Awesome! I can't wait to get back in it, been burning through a ton of food and drink from being cold and wet...

On 2018-12-04 at 3:00 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Doubt it.

If anything we need sound, fps, and rendering fixed first. That should be priority.

You doubt wrong :)