kbuds1976

guns dont work....WHY?!!!

Guns don't work. The m4, AK,USG all have a habit of just deciding not to except a magazine after reloading a few times (unacceptable) and also after shooting about 1 or 2 magazine its like your shooting bullets made of air also UNACCEPTABLE!!! Nothing like  scavenging for  5 hours and then facing an enemy and unloading a full clip at point blank range and NOTHING happeneds, then they pull out their pistol and their bullets work. Youd think that when you release a game even in game preview the guns would at least work, after all it is a primary thing in this game....FIX IT!!!!

Had a case of bandits luck. Drop clios on the ground and press b to reload them wont have the gun jam or ghost bullets but bullets still have a problem with registering. You can also quick slot clips and press b instead of a when highlighted to reload that way. Using Y is always a last resort so put a few clips on quickslot before you press Y. I typically have 4 extra mags 3 are slotted and the last is incase of emergency. Figure if I use 150+ rounds and still die then its on me lol

15 hours ago, kbuds1976 said:

Guns don't work. The m4, AK,USG all have a habit of just deciding not to except a magazine after reloading a few times (unacceptable) and also after shooting about 1 or 2 magazine its like your shooting bullets made of air also UNACCEPTABLE!!! Nothing like  scavenging for  5 hours and then facing an enemy and unloading a full clip at point blank range and NOTHING happeneds, then they pull out their pistol and their bullets work. Youd think that when you release a game even in game preview the guns would at least work, after all it is a primary thing in this game....FIX IT!!!!

Only use Y to reload. With gun equipped press Y. Works 100%. Haven't broken a gun since I've learned that.

Never press and hold RT and then Y. That will break your gun.

BTW guns are not the primary thing in this game. I can survive without a gun.

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

I may have had a similar situation today.  Met two guys, gave them some stuff.  One started attacking me and attacked back (with splitting axe - he had a hatchet, other had a water bottle).  I then equipped my gun and got 2 shots into one of them.  Still, I died first.  Seems a bit odd that I'd be using a splitting axe, got many hits in on a guy wearing normal clothes, and I get 2 shots and I die..  I was also wearing a knife vest or whatever it is called - youd' think I'd be better protected.

Sad that two people I gave stuff too would attack though... but I'll do it again.  Game is getting boring and it is easy to stock up on stuff.   I'd rather have some interaction - it  is just too bad so many want to fight.. plenty of games to just aimlessly kill and really.. in this game, killing is aimless.. you don't really gain much.

• Like 1

Hate to beat a dead horse, but even in game preview state there’s no guarantee the game will function as intended.

That’s the whole reason we are here, and why the early access program exists. To identify, and report bugs, and have some fun in the process.

As to your issue, MAKE SURE you are not holding LT when pressing Y to reload. Just using Y I have never had an issue with weapons reloading.

Patience is key..

• Like 2

So yes having the black rifles are more desirable of course, high capacity, fast reload , scopes/optics, etc.

But I too get frustrated with the occasional glitch or just my lack of skill. I found before patch that IZH18 always worked fine and also kept me from trying to be a badass. But it's loud, improvised suppressor blocks sights, takes no scopes.

I have seriously been using just pistol and if I do have a long gun try to keep it in backpack so that I do not appear as threatening or a little less desirable target for bandits. But the whole gun glitch issue does get frustrating at times.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:46 PM, Maytrix001 said:

I may have had a similar situation today.  Met two guys, gave them some stuff.  One started attacking me and attacked back (with splitting axe - he had a hatchet, other had a water bottle).  I then equipped my gun and got 2 shots into one of them.  Still, I died first.  Seems a bit odd that I'd be using a splitting axe, got many hits in on a guy wearing normal clothes, and I get 2 shots and I die..  I was also wearing a knife vest or whatever it is called - youd' think I'd be better protected.

Sad that two people I gave stuff too would attack though... but I'll do it again.  Game is getting boring and it is easy to stock up on stuff.   I'd rather have some interaction - it  is just too bad so many want to fight.. plenty of games to just aimlessly kill and really.. in this game, killing is aimless.. you don't really gain much.

Yea happens alot. "Need food or water?" Yes. Goes into inventory starts hearing punching as the screens lags for a minute quickly try to get out of inventory and equipt gun get lucky enough to walk away with red health. 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:30 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Only use Y to reload. With gun equipped press Y. Works 100%. Haven't broken a gun since I've learned that.

Never press and hold RT and then Y. That will break your gun.

BTW guns are not the primary thing in this game. I can survive without a gun.

well if you ever happen to find your self in a gun fight with bandits it sure would be nice if your gun worked now wouldn't it.

2 minutes ago, kbuds1976 said:

well if you ever happen to find your self in a gun fight with bandits it sure would be nice if your gun worked now wouldn't it.

Dude ... if u need a gun to defend yourself you’re doing it wrong .... me , I go bandit hunting In my pants with a red cowboy hat no shoes and a lug wrench .... be brave man .

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kbuds1976 said:

In a perfect world yes, but as it has already been mentioned to you - this is a game PREVIEW. read terms and services man. Nothing you experience in the game is unacceptable due to the fact it's in beta. Chill...

On 10/3/2018 at 2:51 PM, Nayte said:

Hate to beat a dead horse, but even in game preview state there’s no guarantee the game will function as intended.

That’s the whole reason we are here, and why the early access program exists. To identify, and report bugs, and have some fun in the process.

As to your issue, MAKE SURE you are not holding LT when pressing Y to reload. Just using Y I have never had an issue with weapons reloading.

Patience is key..

From the forums to the Xbox community clubs I think we're dealing with kids here man. 

On 12/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, Wolf1776 said:

From the forums to the Xbox community clubs I think we're dealing with kids here man. 

Patience is a virtue lacking in the instant gratification inter web age.

Guns work just fine for me. I just wish the un jam function was implemented.