Sign in to follow this  
Sledro

Simple bugs that NEED fixing now

Ok so i've been playing this game on and off (mainly off due to the bugs) since its initial release on xbox. I presumed these bugs would be fixed by now as they are not huge fixs and drastically affect gameplay.

I guess i'll just get straight to the point.... You need to fix:

1) We can not swap our weapons fire mode (semi/full auto), basically makes the shooting aspect of the game unplayable. When you are trying to shoot something 100m away and you can't use semi auto so just end up spraying everywhere.

2) ADS. Aiming down most scopes is broken. When you look down the acog scope you sometimes end up looking at the sky or at your feet when you first ADS. Even more annoying is the ak47 scope, ps01 or whatever it is called. When you aim down that all you can see if your characters head or shoulder blocking the scope? 

3) The server list filters. Previous played servers and favorited servers. Can't be that difficult to fix and will really help us when trying to find previous servers that we were in. An option to only show specific server regions such as NL or US.

4) This one is a much larger change but please make it so we can climb over 1/2/3/4/5/6 foot gates/fences... I get that its supposed to be realistic but it is very painful having to run half way around a town to go from building to building just because we can't get over a tiny fence???

EDIT: 5) Almost forgot about this one. When you relot you shoot on your team/friends game but not  on your own? Massive issue that needs sorting? Reloading leads to shooting friends in the ass? 

Edited by Sledro

You can switch fire mode on guns it's kind of a pain but if you tap Right on the D pad a bunch while aiming it will eventually change fire modes

• Beans 1

You can change fire mode it's just janky.

if you go prone it misaligns your aim, to fix this ADS directly at your feet after proming and it'll realign reticule and player model.

also if you can't jump over small fences your carrying to much weight, your stamina bar is in the bottom left. If you have a gigantic backpack full of stuff or are simply wearing a ballistic vest (14kg) you will be over encumbered. This reduces length of sprint and disables jump, it's designed to balance gameplay so you can't be a tank and sprint & jump during combat. Kind of a toss up situation.

also your reloading by pressing LT and Y, this causes your gun to fire but not cause sound for you & quite often will bug your gun and prevent it firing or swapping mags. Never hold LT when pressing Y. Just press Y to reload.

i understand your frustrations but try to remember the game is early access game preview & they've released patches and updates atleast once a week & the games only been out just over a month. It's best to never assume any bug is easy to fix, as quite often fixing one problem cause ten more elsewhere. The gun misalignment, scope blacking out when prone etc are all being currently worked on. I hope this helps

• Like 1

I am tired oh spening time looking for guns that shoot strait through zombies or a gun will work as soon as the server restarts and you are kicked on entering a server your gun dont work i no its early access but in a game that you relying on a gun for protection and THEY ARE BROKEN please please fix this issue Devs 

There is still a lot of bug fixing and feature implementation left to go with DayZ Alpha/Beta/1.0.

If you cannot enjoy DayZ due to these types of bugs, you should take a break from the game and return when there is a stable client release.

Also, while you may list these bugs as the most important to you, the developers have an order of hierarchy by which they fix and implement things that most likely does not fit into what you think is a priority.

We all have our pet peeves (bugs) which we think should be fixed NOW but you and I are not privy to the goings on behind the scenes and the reasons why things are done in the order they are done.

And hey, thanks for contributing to DayZ Alpha!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

Not a big deal but it irritates me, the lockpick animation. At least change it from the eating sound to something else.

Also, when eating while prone it makes water sounds like when you're swimming.

I do wish you could use scoped AKM while prone.

1 hour ago, john garcia said:

Not a big deal but it irritates me, the lockpick animation. At least change it from the eating sound to something else.

Farting sound? That would be hilarious

On 9/28/2018 at 2:52 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

There is still a lot of bug fixing and feature implementation left to go with DayZ Alpha/Beta/1.0.

If you cannot enjoy DayZ due to these types of bugs, you should take a break from the game and return when there is a stable client release.

Also, while you may list these bugs as the most important to you, the developers have an order of hierarchy by which they fix and implement things that most likely does not fit into what you think is a priority.

We all have our pet peeves (bugs) which we think should be fixed NOW but you and I are not privy to the goings on behind the scenes and the reasons why things are done in the order they are done.

And hey, thanks for contributing to DayZ Alpha!

Is that a nice way of saying the developers do what they want and don't listen to the community? 

Yeah I haven't been on since making that post and I won't be on again until changes are made. Maybe never again if Red Dead 2 is as good as it looks :) 

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2018 at 2:14 AM, Sledro said:

1) We can not swap our weapons fire mode (semi/full auto), basically makes the shooting aspect of the game unplayable. When you are trying to shoot something 100m away and you can't use semi auto so just end up spraying everywhere.

This one is not a bug, there is just no key assigned to it yet, same goes for holding breath or the free look. It will be addressed in a controller overhaul. The existing fire mode switch is an exploit.

2) ADS. Aiming down most scopes is broken. When you look down the acog scope you sometimes end up looking at the sky or at your feet when you first ADS. Even more annoying is the ak47 scope, ps01 or whatever it is called. When you aim down that all you can see if your characters head or shoulder blocking the scope? 

This is one of our prioritized tasks both on PC and Xbox.

3) The server list filters. Previous played servers and favorited servers. Can't be that difficult to fix and will really help us when trying to find previous servers that we were in. An option to only show specific server regions such as NL or US.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:58 AM, Marvel_Ham said:

Also, Previously Played filter definitely works. Use the menu buttons.

4) This one is a much larger change but please make it so we can climb over 1/2/3/4/5/6 foot gates/fences... I get that its supposed to be realistic but it is very painful having to run half way around a town to go from building to building just because we can't get over a tiny fence???

We are working on a more elaborate climbing/vaulting system, but this is not going to be implemented this year.

EDIT: 5) Almost forgot about this one. When you relot you shoot on your team/friends game but not  on your own? Massive issue that needs sorting? Reloading leads to shooting friends in the ass? 

Reloading and resulting issues with hit registration are known problems the team is looking into.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:49 PM, john garcia said:

Will be fixed soon. :)

While we listen to our Community at all times, we have to prioritise our work, as any company has to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know this is very well known and discussed. But, still randomly getting issues with not being able to load mags for certain guns. For instance, I was using a USG45 for quite a while, with no issues, many shots fired and many mag reloads. Then, for whatever reason one time I tried loading a mag into it after putting bullets in and the USG45 simply just did not accept any magazines from that point on. This also always happens with the SVD. I have heard that once this happens, the gun is "dead." But I am wondering if there is a way to be able to get magazines back in them somehow, especially for the SVD which you can't just go and loot at a base.

1 hour ago, The Baron 11 said:

I know this is very well known and discussed. But, still randomly getting issues with not being able to load mags for certain guns. For instance, I was using a USG45 for quite a while, with no issues, many shots fired and many mag reloads. Then, for whatever reason one time I tried loading a mag into it after putting bullets in and the USG45 simply just did not accept any magazines from that point on. This also always happens with the SVD. I have heard that once this happens, the gun is "dead." But I am wondering if there is a way to be able to get magazines back in them somehow, especially for the SVD which you can't just go and loot at a base.

Not saying it's the cause but keep an eye on the condition of your mags and the bullets you're loading into them when gathering your kit 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Not saying it's the cause but keep an eye on the condition of your mags and the bullets you're loading into them when gathering your kit 

That is interesting, will do. I don't think I have been checking mag condition regularly, but I haven't noticed any of them being damaged or badly damaged. As for bullets, I don't think I have ever thought to check their condition. So do you think that low condition mags and ammo simply can't be loaded and I would need to find higher quality ones? Or, do bad quality mags and ammo somehow glitch the gun into not accepting any mags in the future?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Baron 11 said:

That is interesting, will do. I don't think I have been checking mag condition regularly, but I haven't noticed any of them being damaged or badly damaged. As for bullets, I don't think I have ever thought to check their condition. So do you think that low condition mags and ammo simply can't be loaded and I would need to find higher quality ones? Or, do bad quality mags and ammo somehow glitch the gun into not accepting any mags in the future?

Not sure if the guns are actually jamming or if it's just a bug tbh. I remember looking in my bag one time and seeing one of my ak mags was badly damaged. I know I didn't loot it like that so idk if it was from getting wet or what happened. I unloaded all the rounds in it and they were all still pristine so I loaded them into a new mag and dropped the bad one. If I didn't notice and tried loading it I'm sure it wouldn't have been good 

• Like 1

2) scopes work fine when not wearing a vest or bag...

figured I would toss that out there..

Sign in to follow this