Sniperd

Lack of loot after update

Has anyone else noticed a real lack of loot since the update?? New spawn ran my usual route check three police stations and three military checkpoints and no guns or ammo. Pre patch I found several umps aks with at least two mags a piece. This time nothing. Is it me being unlucky or are the servers not resetting? Also not getting the server reset timer. 

Yes and no. I did notice a mad rush to military areas, so the 4 tents/barracks areas I usually go to at fresh spawn qas pretty heavily looted, but in the coast towns I did find enough to make it up to the woods.

Might not have been lucky for you

The reason there ain’t so much loot north sever or tisy is due to sever hoppers and their punk groups stashing all the loot the can carry. 

It is easier to server hop now than before, and less loot respawns after server restarts it (speculating). And more loot glitches into tables it seems, if you loot a mili base look at the tables and beds very closely for mags barely poking out of the inside of it.

9 hours ago, Tea_420 said:

The reason there ain’t so much loot north sever or tisy is due to sever hoppers and their punk groups stashing all the loot the can carry. 

Players inventory and stashes however doesnt count for the servers respawning system that means that they just got looted, or the time passed wasnt enough that it respawns.

In Novograd are multiple small, one big police stations and the small green guard buildings as well as little shops that often spawns ammo and weapons.

I always go North Berezhino, ignoring the wrecked ship going to Svetlo then to Novograd.

I haven’t noticed much of a difference.

Probably just bad luck, not to mention the fact that everyone is going to be making mad dashes to all the high loot areas, which may lessen the loot available for a certain amount of time.

Loot seems same to me & I only play in high population or full servers, even whilst grinding for loot as the game has zero content right now so any challenge keeps it fresh & if I go an hour without seeing, talking or killing someone dayz gets shutdown lol. Roll on more content so we can get rid of all the people begging for the game to be easier. This 0.63 build is easy mode. When there thirty plus weapons and you have to play for 10hrs rather than 1 to to get a mag and ammo, plus with diseases and weather mechanics coming in it'll make it much harder too. Can't wait 

11 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Loot seems same to me & I only play in high population or full servers, even whilst grinding for loot as the game has zero content right now so any challenge keeps it fresh & if I go an hour without seeing, talking or killing someone dayz gets shutdown lol. Roll on more content so we can get rid of all the people begging for the game to be easier. This 0.63 build is easy mode. When there thirty plus weapons and you have to play for 10hrs rather than 1 to to get a mag and ammo, plus with diseases and weather mechanics coming in it'll make it much harder too. Can't wait 

Yeeesss. 

• Beans 1

On 9/19/2018 at 7:04 PM, Sniperd said:

Has anyone else noticed a real lack of loot since the update?? New spawn ran my usual route check three police stations and three military checkpoints and no guns or ammo. Pre patch I found several umps aks with at least two mags a piece. This time nothing. Is it me being unlucky or are the servers not resetting? Also not getting the server reset timer. 

If you cant beat em join em. Im not about to walk for an hour only to find a completely empty base so I swap to a low population (preferably overseas ill rob them of loot) grab what you need and go back to a high pop US server. You can hop servers like every 20 minutes but you should only need to hop it once. I dont see this as the issue though. I killed a group and their backpacks were full of enough military loot to stock the compound on 10 servers. Its a waste of time currently to make caches so they are just being jackasses and taking loot just because. 

Edited by Chris Burton
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Chris Burton said:

If you cant beat em join em. Im not about to walk for an hour only to find a completely empty base so I swap to a low population (preferably overseas ill rob them of loot) grab what you need and go back to a high pop US server. You can hop servers like every 20 minutes but you should only need to hop it once. I dont see this as the issue though. I killed a group and their backpacks were full of enough military loot to stock the compound on 10 servers. Its a waste of time currently to make caches so they are just being jackasses and taking loot just because. 

There just bad at the game, server hoppers and loggers are the worst. 

I fully understand wanting some sick loot but if all these squads are doing is hop server in order to go to berezino and kill fresh spawns it's pretty damn sad. Everyday I play this game I end up talking to a player who's never once spoken to any other player yet ingame. People who haven't even seen another player and run away from any gunfire. It boggles my mind 

3 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

There just bad at the game, server hoppers and loggers are the worst. 

I fully understand wanting some sick loot but if all these squads are doing is hop server in order to go to berezino and kill fresh spawns it's pretty damn sad. Everyday I play this game I end up talking to a player who's never once spoken to any other player yet ingame. People who haven't even seen another player and run away from any gunfire. It boggles my mind 

The combat loggers are funny. Try to be friendly say hello and watch them scurry away like little rodents even if you dont have a gun. Although in past several days more people have started to talk etc. Met a guy at a military base I was for sure thinking its fight time but no we looted had a chat and went our seperate ways. Felt pretty rewarding not having to shoot your fellow survivors

Edited by Chris Burton
Spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

The combat loggers are funny. Try to be friendly say hello and watch them scurry away like little rodents even if you dont have a gun. Although in past several days more people have started to talk etc. Met a guy at a military base I was for sure thinking its fight time but no we looted had a chat and went our seperate ways. Felt pretty rewarding not having to shoot your fellow survivors

Hey that could have been me at the military base. Was it the little one north of Staroye? I gave a guy grief for aiming at me whilst I was visibly unarmed. Explained I'd heard him coming as he was fighting zombies & that I'd stay outside of base until he had looted if he would feel more comfortable that way, he looted and then came and lead me to a kitted M4A1 he'd dropped to switch for an Ak. So he went from no trust to giving me a gun because I spoke and putg at ease. Tbh tho earlier I ran towards gunshots by Staroye in another life  as found a solo guy shooting zombies who was limping but fully geared. He had a red arm band on and looked like a KOS player tbh but I tried talking to him as I had no gun so wast a threat. he emptied a pistol mag at me and missed every shot them sprayed his AK whilst I'm telling him in comms he's had and the worst bandit I've ever seen. Hit him three times with a machete before he killed me lol, I don't get why anyone plays dayz to just KOS when you could atleast RP As a bandit first and hold somebody up etc . I play in EU full servers and my gamer tags the same as my forum name so keep an eye out for this friendly survivor 

14 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Hey that could have been me at the military base. Was it the little one north of Staroye? I gave a guy grief for aiming at me whilst I was visibly unarmed. Explained I'd heard him coming as he was fighting zombies & that I'd stay outside of base until he had looted if he would feel more comfortable that way, he looted and then came and lead me to a kitted M4A1 he'd dropped to switch for an Ak. So he went from no trust to giving me a gun because I spoke and putg at ease. Tbh tho earlier I ran towards gunshots by Staroye in another life  as found a solo guy shooting zombies who was limping but fully geared. He had a red arm band on and looked like a KOS player tbh but I tried talking to him as I had no gun so wast a threat. he emptied a pistol mag at me and missed every shot them sprayed his AK whilst I'm telling him in comms he's had and the worst bandit I've ever seen. Hit him three times with a machete before he killed me lol, I don't get why anyone plays dayz to just KOS when you could atleast RP As a bandit first and hold somebody up etc . I play in EU full servers and my gamer tags the same as my forum name so keep an eye out for this friendly survivor 

Well i kinda know why the KOS is preferable now. Ropes dont work handcuffs arent in game you cant surrender yet and burlap sacks are bugged. So it really is hard to trust theyll just let you rob them. I held a guy up only to get an axe to the face when I went to drop some food and water so he didnt die. I go back and forth from helping to robbing people trying to get a feel but its really hard to expect someone you are robbing to not smack you when you take that 10 seconds to load the loot. My only suggestion is get them in a house drop their stuff and have them exit the room lockpick the door go through their stuff maybe drop a gift in if you wanna be a nice bandit like water or food if they have none. Only thing I hold people up for is ammo morphine and low weight shoes if they match my gear lol. Gotta get them "less than 0.5 KG" green boots. Gotta get them goodies just dont wanna let a cooperative guy die either. 

It was the base east of tisy north of nwaf. He just needed a silencer and I just wantef to fill my cooking pan back up with ammo. Dont feel comfortable unless I have 200 rounds atleast.

I'm only playing the last 2 days and I'm already sick of playing it died almost 50 time's because of no loot anywhere even in a server with 3 people like I basically paid 40€ for walk around a island i now it's just on consoles but put something into the game an fix the bug with shooting when I did find a gun and about 5 bullets I tryed shooting a zombie but it was like the bullets where made out of air did nothing

They’re just taking it to the same spot on whatever servers they use on a regular it doesn’t follow them from server to server I know. But it’s ether that or the lowered the output of loot. Because before the beta keys got released to the first 5k  I was playing, then a the game came to game preview to the public is  when I noticed there isn’t as much loot at nwaf or tisy  and before you could get 8 people fully looted 3-5 mags on top of gear of your choice