bonafide

RIP DayZ - Yogcast started a LP

Yes because new players are terrible to have for a budding game...

"Lets hope Dayz has a smaller fanbase!" is all I'm hearing from a large chunk of you guys.

More people playing the mod is good for the mod and therefore good for the people playing it, even if you don't like the people playing the mod.

@ewokz

I understand what you are saying, I mean no offense. What I am saying is that for as long as I've known Yogscast, they have had a long standing tradition to misrepresent the game they are covering by doing off the wall shit and breaking rules. Playing the way they are not supposed to play. Instead, they play what they seem to find amusing. Not one video I've seen of them has accurately represented the game they were covering. If I want to see the real gameplay of a game, I follow a simple rule: Don't watch yogscast. There are many other great youtubers out there that do it that way. If on the other hand I already know about the game and just want to see weird gits do even weirder shit, yogscast sometimes delivers.

wow.. this thread is filled with super dayz fanboys that think that dayz is there own little baby' hilarious! bring some more tears and i will go fetch the popcorn!

Frankly' date=' age-gating players may help a little but there are a lot more older players (even so called Arma 2 veterans) who act like 15 year olds on the forum/game that it wouldn't matter in the long run.

[/quote']

Ok, now this is a logical response. You may be right, but I'd ake the improvement (even if small).

I know a lot of mods, including myself, want probationary periods set up for new forum members that limit thread creation, posting per day, etc.

I am taking my AS50 and will go camp the coast. I will shoot every goddam new spawn I see. I'll spawn kill them and make their first experience with Dayz complete shit and hopefully they will leave the game.

And when "normal" people spawn? Great idea!

I know a lot of mods' date=' including myself, want probationary periods set up for new forum members that limit thread creation, posting per day, etc.

[/quote']

Now there is a good idea.

Day Z is the new minecraft.

Except there's exactly 0 to do in Minecraft except stare at blocks and move them around. Pretty boring.

*buries face in hands*

remember when there were only like 3000 bandits? That really wasn't that long ago, and see what happened?

So these idiots are SUPER famous where??? That's it, the U.S. Enjoy the noob rain americans :D

@ewokz

I understand what you are saying' date=' I mean no offense. What I am saying is that for as long as I've known Yogscast, they have had a long standing tradition to misrepresent the game they are covering by doing off the wall shit and breaking rules. Playing the way they are not supposed to play. Instead, they play what they seem to find amusing. Not one video I've seen of them has accurately represented the game they were covering. If I want to see the real gameplay of a game, I follow a simple rule: Don't watch yogscast. There are many other great youtubers out there that do it that way. If on the other hand I already know about the game and just want to see weird gits do even weirder shit, yogscast sometimes delivers.

[/quote']

thats what anyone would do for any game. you play how you want to play.

im not defending yogcast, i didnt even know who the hell they were till this thread actually, but that is the way of all streamers. they never play by the rules. i come from a streamer called destiny who also doesnt play the game how its meant to be played. since he has a large fanbase he plays the game with the most amusement possible.

its the same for yogcast, they play it for the amusement of there viewers so that they can get more views. you have to understand that from a streamer/youtuber/lets player/broadcasters point of view.

I for one, invite the Yogscast and their noob followers to come visit me in the NW Airfield to learn a REAL lesson about DayZ.

I had never heard of this Yogcast before now, it seems to be some sort of video site?

If the people who follow it wants to play DayZ, is it really that much of a problem? It's not like the userbase here can get much worse, this thread is a shining proof of that. It's the most hateful sickening display of mob mentality I've seen in 2012, congratulations.

I am taking my AS50 and will go camp the coast. I will shoot every goddam new spawn I see. I'll spawn kill them and make their first experience with Dayz complete shit and hopefully they will leave the game.

Good luck killing them on a server you can't access sir.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Yogscast. They annoy the hell out of me. But put it this way, DayZ is going to get some more attention. Bohemia is going to make some more money. Happy days!

And so what if their fan base is mainly children? Even if they are, not every single one of their subs is going to start playing - A lot of those who do probably may not even continue to play.

Also, I fully endorse the probation period on forum posts. Although, with this, there should be a forum section where they CAN post, so if there is a genuine issue, it can be seen at the very least.

I think the first step should be to improve the community. If a new player joins and requires help, whether that be In-game help or otherwise, and gets shot at on sight. They are either going to become a bandit themselves or stop playing all together. People need to be a little more forgiving and helpful.

I also think that the Yogscast and the admin who hosted the server should be severely warned. I'd get in trouble for spawning weapons and gear, why shouldn't they.

...It's the most hateful sickening display of mob mentality I've seen in 2012' date=' congratulations.

[/quote']

xD GTFO drama queen

These are acceptable losses in our war to save Dayz.

Good luck killing them on a server you can't access sir.

We should band up. Any true Dayz patriot with a sniper rifle and is willing to fight for Dayz then head to the coast and fight for you favorite mod.

...It's the most hateful sickening display of mob mentality I've seen in 2012' date=' congratulations.

[/quote']

xD GTFO drama queen

Make me, fuckstick.

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

Like how the Youtube pseudo celebrities do not start with the real Dayz kit but instead have pistols, ammo and other supplies no one else gets at start up.

Hey Rocket how about not sucking off the reviewers and make them play the game the rest of us do? Same shit happened with Total Biscuit, clown do not even know how to loot and yet already had a bag full of supplies and weapons, fuck that.

Like how the Youtube pseudo celebrities do not start with the real Dayz kit but instead have pistols' date=' ammo and other supplies no one else gets at start up.

Hey Rocket how about not sucking off the reviewers and make them play the game the rest of us do? Same shit happened with Total Biscuit, clown do not even know how to loot and yet already had a bag full of supplies and weapons, fuck that.

[/quote']

If you watch the video they meet up with a ghillie sniper. Its very likely the sniper gave them the M1911 and gear.

What the hell are they talking about....y

"a game which is really old"

The so called "old" game, at least Arma 2: Arrowhead, is just 2 years old.

Not going to deal with reading 12 other pages. I can probably ad lib it and be half right.

All I know is that I've dealt with the Yogscast in the past. This can be either a good or a bad thing. With how much of a casual audience this will draw, though, I predict the latter.

And no, I'm not trying to draw hate on Yognaughts. I used to be one of you. But I remember the Technic Pack. I remember how rudely their community dealt with the complaint from the mod creators. I also remember the cries and screams for every mod in existence to be added to their packs. I just honestly hope that the Yognaught community realizes those types of things won't fly here.

That all said, I do hope that this does evolve the community more than it harms it, and I wish everybody good luck. You'll need it in the harsh world that is DayZ.

Heh, funny. Older members of the forum felt the same way when IGN, Roosterteeth, and other news organizations started publishing articles that catered to the console/COD/FPS crowd.

Other than an increase of bitchery from new players who "don't like being killed", or who think "this is too hard", not much else has changed here, or on the servers.

the fact is that half the people who play this game found it trough a "shity" lets play and i expect nearly everyone who is moaning about this was also, alright it will bring a bunch of noobs but we were all once so stop your moaning