bonafide

RIP DayZ - Yogcast started a LP

Theoretically spawning weapons' date=' being teleported by admins, playing on a private server, would earn most players a global ban, yet I am sure that these rules do not apply to big famous YouTubers who so many people fawn over.

Its no wonder we have so many cheats, exploiters and hackers if big YouTubers introduce people to the game using some of these methods themselves.

Pathetic, the Yogscast should stick to Minecraft.

[/quote']

They were just showing their Subscribers a video of a Mod. They're not trying to Win DayZ. :s

This thread is full of disappoint. I hope all the little Yognaughts are exactly how many here fear. I will feast on your tears.

Vote++ - The DayZ community is the worst I have ever seen

more people is good..find a server you like and play with your friends. Plus won't more players make BI/Rocket more inclined to focus on DayZ? I think so..Most noobs/"morons" play in sidechat servers anyways.

I like the side channel and I am not a noob/moron :s

This is where the bandits come into play. You all might hate us for killing you over and over, but if there's one thing new players hate is getting ganked over and over, we could be your last line of defense against the onslaught of retardation from this horde.

wtf is yogcast?

god im getting old...

A couple of British idiots who got famous because they e-whore Minecraft when it first became popular. Now they have a ton of subscribers on YouTube for doing nothing more than sounding like childish goofballs and spamming Minecraft videos.

Can't believe people complain over publicity. Players catch on. They try the game. Is it for them? They'll continue playing and prosper. Is it something that's not for them? They'll quit.

Fussing over some fucking publicity. Good job, dumb fucks. This just means that the modification may get more funding and support by BI. Means a better mod for you dumbfucks.

[i have been warned for this post. - Ubi]

This is where the bandits come into play. You all might hate us for killing you over and over' date=' but if there's one thing new players hate is getting ganked over and over, we could be your last line of defense against the onslaught of retardation from this horde.

[/quote']

Us bandits need to pull together, block the coastline and hunt down any last retard from the yogscast!

I agree with Discraced' date=' i think everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.

also, the yogscast can do a video of whatever game they want and play it however they want i think lol. I will say i was disappointed that they played the way they did and if they make another vid i hope they play legit, but, im not going to rage about it lol, its not going to effect me personally one way or another. Just a game.

[hr']

i will say in addition that the over-reacting will probably cause you all to hurt the game yourselves by killing all noobs on the coast lol. all your gona do is hurt the game you say you love by greiving all the so called noobs.

I'd like to address everyone who thinks we're being arrogant for wanting to snub the new influx of new players - I couldn't really care. Either way the community is growing exponentially. I'm reassured that the difficulty of DayZ will kill off most of the children playing the game.

The final thing I'd refute is anyone saying that the YogsCast can do whatever they want. While I agree technically, they can cast whatever they want in any style, they should not be casting the way they did in the mod. Anyone with a large fan base should develop a moral responsibility of depicting a mod, game, anyone's creation with as much accuracy and integrity. Imagine then if your favourite news station or newspaper falsified every article or story because that was their style - it's wrong. The same applies to what they did in their DayZ video.

More players means a better mod for us in the long run. You think that people are gonna run out, buy Arma, and play this mod just because of ONE video?

I myself bought ARMA just for this mod a week ago, but only after watching several videos, reading about it, following it for a few months, and so on.

If people get the game and this mod after this video, they would've known about this for a while already. They'll either get the mod and enjoy it, or they won't. Either way, it means an influx of players, which is always good for the mod.

I would just like to remind everybody that you are all new players to this mod unless you played before April 18th of this year.

Welcome.

Wasted minutes of my life watching this. Was utter crap and pretending they havent played the game when they had M1911's and other stuff on spawn. If your going to act like noobs at least do it properly so its more convincing.

they was noobs but they was on a private server and had a admin with them who was giving them weapons and other stuff and making them spawn near each other etc.

You is Kind' date=' You is Smart, You is Important .?

Learn grammar you stupid shit.

[i have been warned for this post. - Ubi']

I have no problem with publicity or more players. That's great. But the cheating is utterly shameful and very damaging as it 1) promotes and endorses the behaviour and 2) completely misrepresents the mod to would-be players. Rocket should inform Yogscast to play the game as it is meant to be played or GTFO.

I would just like to remind everybody that you are all new players to this mod unless you played before April 18th of this year.

Welcome.

Says the guy who registered in May. ;)

I don't mind Yogscast, In fact I think their minecraft videos are funny. But their light hearted style doesn't really translate over well to DayZ which is by nature, dark and gritty. Its a bit like having the Chuckle Brothers do the DVD commentary for Schindler's List.

I have no problem with new players(of any kind), if anything i want this mod to grow huge, rocket deserves that, the mod deservs that, its awesome.

The thing that annoy me, is the way the mod was presented in the video, it was aweful, i think its disrespectful to the mod, to not show the game, just goof around in it, without a care in the world about what the game is.

I think everyone thinks that DayZ is not as it was presented in the video, along with teleporting/admin abuse is annoying.

QUICK SOLUTION. EVERYONE START KILLING UNARMED SURVIVORS ON THE COASTLINE! :D

HEARD!

I agree with Discraced' date=' i think everyone is making a big deal out of nothing.

also, the yogscast can do a video of whatever game they want and play it however they want i think lol. I will say i was disappointed that they played the way they did and if they make another vid i hope they play legit, but, im not going to rage about it lol, its not going to effect me personally one way or another. Just a game.

[hr']

i will say in addition that the over-reacting will probably cause you all to hurt the game yourselves by killing all noobs on the coast lol. all your gona do is hurt the game you say you love by greiving all the so called noobs.

I'd like to address everyone who thinks we're being arrogant for wanting to snub the new influx of new players - I couldn't really care. Either way the community is growing exponentially. I'm reassured that the difficulty of DayZ will kill off most of the children playing the game.

The final thing I'd refute is anyone saying that the YogsCast can do whatever they want. While I agree technically, they can cast whatever they want in any style, they should not be casting the way they did in the mod. Anyone with a large fan base should develop a moral responsibility of depicting a mod, game, anyone's creation with as much accuracy and integrity. Imagine then if your favourite news station or newspaper falsified every article or story because that was their style - it's wrong. The same applies to what they did in their DayZ video.

You really think its the same thing as falsifying news on paper or tv? wow.

[hr']

You really think its the same thing as falsifying news on paper or tv? wow.

Misrepresenting a game is maybe not as horrible as falsifying news, but it's on the same level of incompetence and carelessness.

Many of the players joining the game trough their show will not get the light-hearted game they expect.

Yogcast are children entertainers. Yeah they have a section of adult fans too, in the same way you get adults who still like the chuckle brothers. But adults are clearly not their target audience.

That said they gave a terrible representation of the game so here is hoping it makes only those who are really interested in this mod persevere enough to install it.

Maybe we should all post messages on that video like "Wtf, paid £25 for arma for this mod and it SUCKS!", "omg wat is dis? Jus keep dyin" and "wow, you can't even build anything? What's the point?"

Yogcast are children entertainers. Yeah they have a section of adult fans too' date=' in the same way you get adults who still like the chuckle brothers. But adults are clearly not their target audience.

That said they gave a terrible representation of the game so here is hoping it makes only those who are really interested in this mod persevere enough to install it.

Maybe we should all post messages on that video like "Wtf, paid £25 for arma for this mod and it SUCKS!", "omg wat is dis? Jus keep dyin" and "wow, you can't even build anything? What's the point?"

[/quote']

what ? :s say bad things about my daisy ?

Wow after reading and skimming over 196 posts I find it strange that no one has mentioned that in their video description they say that their community wanted them to make a let's play of dayz.

QUICK SOLUTION. EVERYONE START KILLING UNARMED SURVIVORS ON THE COASTLINE! :D

That already happens. They need to make this a full on PVP mod already. Split the servers into sides and have a scoreboard. Rockets experiment failed.

:@ :exclamation:

A what?

Never heard of them. Watched the youtube clip and its two English 14yr olds playing a game.

See, I don't want to sound like the stereotypical hipster but the popularity of DayZ is going to eventually be its downfall. For example, compare any earlier video playthroughs of DayZ before it became so popular to the one's today, very obvious key differences in how the player's act and how the game is played. DayZ is really only bound to get worse the more it get's popular honestly.