addicted2code

This is the reason for the bacon bug

On 9/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, LyrikalD said:

I believe it’s a bug where the game is mistaken the bacon for raw meat.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:20 PM, LyrikalD said:

the can itself has printed COOKED tactical bacon yet the game states its RAW.

I believe it's shown as raw simply because the food inside is cold, and unaltered in any way.

All of the fruit and 'shrooms say raw and don't get you sick.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bent.toe said:

The tactical bacon is raw. Read the description.

Read the label of the can in game? It’s what the item represents?

16 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I believe it's shown as raw simply because the food inside is cold, and unaltered in any way.

All of the fruit and 'shrooms say raw and don't get you sick.

Umm where to start? Okay when you pick fruit and veg it is raw. You won’t get sick unless the food is off, now eating raw bacon would get you ill. But you can’t say that cooked bacon is raw because it’s cold? That doesn’t make any sense! “I bought a McDonald’s an hour ago but because it’s cold I can’t eat it as it’s now raw” basically what you’re saying?

or even better a tin of chicken curry... is the cooked meat raw because it’s stationary in a tin?

39 minutes ago, LyrikalD said:

bought a McDonald’s an hour ago but because it’s cold I can’t eat it as it’s now raw” basically what you’re saying?

I just meant that the game will show the food as raw because it's in it's original unaltered state.

I did not mean to say the actual food would have the properties of raw pork, rather it's more of a technical designation based on how the game recognizes the state of the food when it's eaten directly from the can.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I just meant that the game will show the food as raw because it's in it's original unaltered state.

I did not mean to say the actual food would have the properties of raw pork, rather it's more of a technical designation based on how the game recognizes the state of the food when it's eaten directly from the can.

But that was my main point, that the game needs to change the state from raw to cooked.

@ImpulZ Care to have another crack at this one? Maybe you did some more research since you last posted? Or are you still just stubbornly sticking to your conclusion that we all have salmonella? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LyrikalD said:

But that was my main point, that the game needs to change the state from raw to cooked.

The cans of cola are RAW too..  would you prefer them COOKED ?  

• Haha 1

Ummm...fruit and mushrooms can be eaten raw. Meat on the other hand...

Can't believe the stupidity sometimes..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LyrikalD said:

Those values will likely be updated, and probably don't mean anything in regards to it being "raw" pork. It's not the same as uncooked boar as far as the game is concerned. If it somehow is regarded as such, they will fix this.

Many new "testers" here have tunnel vision as to what they think takes priority for the devs to "fix".

Your least favorite bug is likely not at the top of their priorities and will be addressed when they get to it in a hierarchy they set.

Nearly every aspect of DayZ is going to have revisions and adjustments even at what is perceived to be "late in the game".

Also, being adversarial with the staff will not do new members any good in getting their points across.

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

The cans of cola are RAW too..  would you prefer them COOKED ?  

Hmm? I wonder ;) I mean even if I did I don’t puke because they’re advertised as cooked but the game seems to think they’re raw. Doughnut 

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Ummm...fruit and mushrooms can be eaten raw. Meat on the other hand...

Can't believe the stupidity sometimes..

Thank you, frankly neither can I...

Raw is an easy, short way of saying :

"This Ingestible Product or Natural Article has Not been Subjected to a Heating Process by the End User

- you can't even say "Edible", because if it's Poisonous its not Edible  but  there are poisonous things around that the player CAN swallow.

Or to shorten it, use the phrase above as an Acronym = IP/NA NS HPEU - ( but would that really be more helpful ? )

Most players get the idea.. Maybe someone can suggest a better short description than Raw/Cooked,  that covers everything already in the game (or will be) that you CAN put in your stomach, even if you should not  .. cans of cola, water, raw meat, berries, bleach, beans, mushrooms, cultivated crops.. some of these can kill you even if you try to cook them first. Also you can overcook some things, so the are 'Burned'.. then when you eat them they can make you ill too.. 

ps - Raw/Cooked should also be applied to water, in case you can boil it to remove bacteria .. hmm ?

Anyone TRIED to cook a can of Tuna yet?

I hear you Xbox players can eat Worms ? - wow ! .. we PC nerds never had it so good. That's just LUXURY.

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Beans 1

Right, this has turned funny and gave me some good laughs.

The dev/mod and even experienced PC players are telling yous clear as day the crack with it. 

Whether its in game or not, I'm under the assumption the bacon as called tac bac and being a military loot item its obviously rations. Which being in the military I ate and prepared them. They just come 'cooked' and you heat them up, mainly boil in the bags. Hence the cooking pot and gas burner etc

As they've told you, the assumes its raw by the fact its not 'cooked' in game. Its still not 'Raw' and can be eaten out the tin cold, like beans. 

Its basically all i survive off (obviously eat what i come across but my bag could feed a small army) and I havent gotten sick off of eating 'Raw' food. 

I assume @ImpulZ was saying you was sick from other means and then when you ate bacon, you spewed or was 'full' or 'overate'. The only time I've been sick on this game is from eating a full human near enough, eating too much and drinking from a random swamp. Still all was gone relatively quickly and didnt harm me.

• Beans 1

53 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Raw is an easy, short way of saying :

"This Ingestible Product or Natural Article has Not been Subjected to a Heating Process by the End User

- you can't even say "Edible", because if it's Poisonous its not Edible  but  there are poisonous things around that the player CAN swallow.

Or to shorten it, use the phrase above as an Acronym = IP/NA NS HPEU - ( but would that really be more helpful ? )

Most players get the idea.. Maybe someone can suggest a better short description than Raw/Cooked,  that covers everything already in the game (or will be) that you CAN put in your stomach, even if you should not  .. cans of cola, water, raw meat, berries, bleach, beans, mushrooms, cultivated crops.. some of these can kill you even if you try to cook them first. Also you can overcook some things, so the are 'Burned'.. then when you eat them they can make you ill too.. 

ps - Raw/Cooked should also be applied to water, in case you can boil it to remove bacteria .. hmm ?

Anyone TRIED to cook a can of Tuna yet?

I hear you Xbox players can eat Worms ? - wow ! .. we PC nerds never had it so good. That's just LUXURY.

The water idea does or doesnt work on PC? I was under the impression we can boil water in the cooking pot to steralise it maybe? As they can contain water and go on fires? 

Havent cooked any food as on xbox we dont really get effected from eating it raw lol but worm are overrated.

• Beans 1

45 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

@ImpulZThe only time I've been sick on this game is from eating a full human

Brilliant !  .. cooked or just raw?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Brilliant !  .. cooked or just raw?

Straight off the bone raw lol was one of my first plays; I'd gotten into a group 4 and we were heading further inland for one of the first times...We got a bit lost in the woods, One thing led to another and well, I didn't want to let him go to waste. Thought I was done for with some crazy disease but 15-20 minutes later the icon popped off and I stopped spewing. Not sure I overate or got ill lol 

On 15/09/2018 at 7:10 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Those values will likely be updated, and probably don't mean anything in regards to it being "raw" pork. It's not the same as uncooked boar as far as the game is concerned. If it somehow is regarded as such, they will fix this.

Many new "testers" here have tunnel vision as to what they think takes priority for the devs to "fix".

Your least favorite bug is likely not at the top of their priorities and will be addressed when they get to it in a hierarchy they set.

Nearly every aspect of DayZ is going to have revisions and adjustments even at what is perceived to be "late in the game".

Also, being adversarial with the staff will not do new members any good in getting their points across.

Did I say it had to be fixed now? No I didn’t, I just wanted it notes that it’s a mistake and should be treated as such I’ve made point, clearly, many a time so why don’t we all move on if we don’t have better things to prioritise? ?

37 minutes ago, LyrikalD said:

so why don’t we all move on if we don’t have better things to prioritise

I dunno, because it's the topic of the thread?

18 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I dunno, because it's the topic of the thread?

But if it’s irrelevant why is it a topic still? The devs won’t fix this I guarantee it, I just wanted the bug to be noted, not cause arguments against easily triggered forum warriors?