THYERS

Losing loot in trees.

Question

OK so picture the scene, you are in an open high risk area but you need a drink.  You run to the nearest tree and get inside it, your drink is in a cooking pot but your inventory and hands are full.  You drop the drink on the floor, but, its gone from your inventory screen completely.  You look around the tree and find your drink floating in the trees with no way to get it back, I actually lost a cooking pot full of stuff, an axe and some food all at once.  I even tried to cut the tree down but although there was wood and the ground the tree was still there with the items still stuck in the branches.

Moral of the story.....don't play drop inventory items in trees.

• Haha 1

6 answers to this question

Had same problem with those yellow "Protected Boxes". When you throw them out, they sit on the branches of the tree, not ground. And since they are big yellow boxes, they are like Christmas lights on daylight... 

This happens anywhere theres a wall or some incline it stacks the item way higher. Although when I was laying it never dropped them too high to reach

It's to do with the slope not the tree. I often drop my gun in the trees round NWAF to drink and haven't lost anything. Though I've dropped stuff on a slope before and it's disappeared.

Edited by CarlTheGooner

I've been fortunate enough to only lose a box or 7.62x54, everything else I was able to recover through the inventory menu, thankfully.

Has a similar issue were I wanted to loot a town for specific items and took the rucksack off by a tree and could't access it at all, so I managed to get my Rucksack with all my loot by cutting the tree down :)