Sign in to follow this  
Maytrix001

PVP

So I've played a number of hours.  Met a few different people.  Never really know what to expect but most encounters we've just waved and gone our separate ways.  One encounter I helped someone who needed food.

Today however, after making some progress, having some food, a rifle, axe, shovel, larger backpack..etc..  I came across a guy.  He was similarly equipped.  We waved and did a few other actions and I was getting ready to just move on.  All of a sudden I see him holding a gun and before I can react, I'm dead.  No shot heard, no chance to fight back, just dead.

Rather disappointing that the first time I actually make some progress and aren't just looking to not die of thirst or dehydration that I get instantly killed like this.  Is this normal?  He had a pistol.

If this is normal, then I can only see this game becoming a shoot everyone you see type of game.  Otherwise someone can pull a gun and kill you before you can react.  Since things happen instantly in a game and you can't really judge what someone is doing like you could in real life, seems this may need some sort of adjustment.  Unless the design is to just shoot everyone up?  Unfortunately it will either make me stay away from anyone with an equipment or shoot on sight.  Would be nice to at least see their name so if I run across them again, I'll know to shoot first :)

There will be an animation for grabbing weapons from your back or inventory. They showed it a couple of Status Reports ago so I would guess it will be in the next major patch. That should give you a bit of more time to react etc.

I made the mistake of giving a new spawn an axe.  Joker turned on me and killed me with my own gift.  

lol yeah i had one guy wave at me so i waved back and turned to walk on. but i've played before and wasnt so trusting muthaf tried running up on me with a machete i gave him a taste of my spliter. he died, but as i was going through his things i died. i swear i bandaged myself.

most will kill u on site.

back in the day i shot a mate who i had been trapsing across the map to find. he raised his gun and i shit myself.

So bambis generally shoot on sight or rush you and attack. If they are experience they may avoid you. Many arent using mics so they justify that as shoot on sight. 

I've run across multiple people. 1 was very friendly, and we squared and went to the next town, until we both lagged out. 

Others have just waived. 1 came up to check my gear before walking away as my gear looked better.

I've actually not been shot at yet. I know posting this jest adventure I go on I'm going to be shot and killed, but such is the game. I've actually killed quite a few but only when I've been fully geared. Most of my kills have been either in defense as I felt threatened because they stood there as I talked and they raised their gun so I shot first. Or have been with my sniper to practice because I spawned in on a place I was trying to loot and someone was just leaving that area.

Either way. This is all the nature of the game. Think of a real zombie apocalypse, would you put your neck out and be trusting. If you show the trust first many will believe that you're trust worthy, but it's also a good bandit trick. Think real life. If this really happened, 80% wouldnt ask questions they know you want the loot. 20% are friendly. But that high number, the 80%, they give everyone purpose. To shoot at the people who shoot first.

I had been on a character for the past few days - started off nearly dying from thirst and hunger in the beginning but got saved by a lone player traveling down the road in the opposite direction who gave me a human steak and a sprite. It got me far enough to reach an orchard, and little by little I kept piecing together a decent loadout and moving forward. I finally got to the NW Airfield after hours of traveling from the NE Corridor. I was fully kitted and hadnt seen a soul in nearly 24 hours, I had the whole base to myself. Kitted out with a silenced m4, UMP, too many mags for each, and enough tactical bacon to last years, everything was great. Compass, canteen, ALICE bag, scopes, everything. Got disconnected from servers a few times and then on the new server as I spawned in the building I was in last, I heard footsteps outside. Oh shit. 2 guys come around a corner decently kitted. We wave and Im using proxy chat to say hi, friendly, etc not gonna shoot. They dont speak and then the guy on my right raises his AKM and pop my screen goes red. "You are dead". Nearly 48 hours worth of a long tough grind and it comes to an end in the blink of an eye. Didnt even get a chance for a firefight or anything. I still have yet to kill another human player in the game - but man is the tension and adrenaline fun when you see someone else who isnt a Z. Ive met a few players who ive had good interactions with and have traveled through cities side by side. Cant wait for bicycles and vehicles to be implemented so that we dont have to succumb to the "Running Simulator 2.0" schtick.

Edited by wh1skey_
  • Thanks 1

I was friendly for the first maybe 6 hours that I played. I helped people, or just waved and went about my business even when they acted a big shady. Then I got mowed down by two guys with AR's without never knowing they were there. From there on out I started playing US servers and it seems everyone on them is out to kill people. I don't even give people a chance anymore, If I see you and you don't just keep moving, one of us is dying lol.

6 hours ago, SquanchyGamer said:

I was friendly for the first maybe 6 hours that I played. I helped people, or just waved and went about my business even when they acted a big shady. Then I got mowed down by two guys with AR's without never knowing they were there. From there on out I started playing US servers and it seems everyone on them is out to kill people. I don't even give people a chance anymore, If I see you and you don't just keep moving, one of us is dying lol.

Yeah, no joke.  That’s how I’m playing now too.  I was pretty geared up looting the container ship and a guy was making his way towards me and I just put a round in him center mass.  He started sprinting down off the ship with a quickness.  I hesitated in the past, so now I leave nothing to chance.  

Was playing a 3 man squad with a guy I semi know and a random from LFG. Grinded for like 4-5 hours, then all of a sudden this LFG guy kills us both...

Not mad, just disappointed...lol

But, now with my 2 main squadmates we just left the airfield and things are looking good!

10 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

Was playing a 3 man squad with a guy I semi know and a random from LFG. Grinded for like 4-5 hours, then all of a sudden this LFG guy kills us both...

Not mad, just disappointed...lol

But, now with my 2 main squadmates we just left the airfield and things are looking good!

Dude, I would have lost my mind if a LFG guy shot me up after rolling as a squad for that long... I didn't consider even looking for a random partner but I certainly won't now lol.

On 2018-09-01 at 11:31 PM, Maytrix001 said:

So I've played a number of hours.  Met a few different people.  Never really know what to expect but most encounters we've just waved and gone our separate ways.  One encounter I helped someone who needed food.

Today however, after making some progress, having some food, a rifle, axe, shovel, larger backpack..etc..  I came across a guy.  He was similarly equipped.  We waved and did a few other actions and I was getting ready to just move on.  All of a sudden I see him holding a gun and before I can react, I'm dead.  No shot heard, no chance to fight back, just dead.

Rather disappointing that the first time I actually make some progress and aren't just looking to not die of thirst or dehydration that I get instantly killed like this.  Is this normal?  He had a pistol.

If this is normal, then I can only see this game becoming a shoot everyone you see type of game.  Otherwise someone can pull a gun and kill you before you can react.  Since things happen instantly in a game and you can't really judge what someone is doing like you could in real life, seems this may need some sort of adjustment.  Unless the design is to just shoot everyone up?  Unfortunately it will either make me stay away from anyone with an equipment or shoot on sight.  Would be nice to at least see their name so if I run across them again, I'll know to shoot first :)

I'm on my 12th character..i think.

Most of them died of hunger and/or thirst. But two of them i will never forget.

First one had around 10-12 hours invested in with huge packback filled with food and drinks, an akm and a mp5.

Saw a guy in town (he did not see me) and i thought i walk up to him, held my gun but waved at him..he saw me and walked up, also heavy equiped, so i thought this is a player that plays like it should be. He made some gestures (heart and stuff) and 2 seconds later i was dead.  He had an friend who killed me from the back.

I was furious and started with a new character..45 minutes in, i came a cross a guy with an axe and not much else. I waved and had an extra pipsi i thought i'd share to not be like the last two asholes. He just rushed me and killed me.

So....i'm that guy now, i will kill on sight without hesitation. 

I got my first revenge kill last night... I was looting Berezino which I know like the back of my hand now since most of my new characters start here. I see a duo roll up on me at the police station who were immediately hostile, they take a few shots at me but a zombie horde runs them off from all the noise.

I could have just dipped at this point but I figured screw it, I take out one of them in the confusion then chase the other guy down where the engagement didn’t end in my favor. I immediately respawn in the Apple field outside of town, didn’t even loot for food or water just ran to the police station where I had to leave a fully loaded .380 pistol from lack of room. Sure enough the guy is around the corner still looting my body. I play the “I’m just starting out man, need food and water” angle. At first he’s ready to shoot but finally tells me he’s a “friendly” and just waiting for his buddy to find his way back who got ambushed by some “ahole” he had to take care of.... I gunned him down.... Morale of the story, trust no one, even when they act friendly through proxy chat.

Its a situational thing; depends on different aspects for different players and their playstyle.

If I dont see the player and we come face to face without noticing each other prior to that then; if you or your equipment is of no use to me then your probably dead. 

Last time we let a dude live, He followed us and took 1 of our group out. Best thing I can say is, if you dont want to get killed then make some friendly interaction, best thru voice chat. Ultimately, Trust nobody. 

Interesting stories!  I think my only complaint about it is that there's sometimes no chance to fight.  Other PVP games I've played, you usually are able to at least put up some sort of fight.

I think perhaps one thing that would make it less of a shoot first ask questions later kind of game would be to have more incentive to be friendly.  Right now, if there were no other human players on a server, one person could go anywhere, do anything and loot everything.  If there where places where there were more zombies or harder to do solo, that might help get people to team up.  Also maybe injuries can be better tended do by another player vs doing it solo.  Lots of little options that would give more incentive for people to not just shoot on site.  Which at this point is what I think I'd do if I come across someone again.  I've only heard shots and moved away from the area to avoid any confrontation.  

I think if it does end up simply being like this long term, I will lose interest in playing.  Spending hours gathering stuff, building up to either be stabbed in the back or one shot killed with no warning just takes a lot of the fun out of it.

• Like 1

I agree with this above.  I have followed Dayz for a while now eagerly waiting for its release on Xbox.  I have been looking forward to exploring the map and meeting other players, being able to trade loot and make friends.  That for me is the draw of this game.  However as it stands now its looking to turn into PUBG and I dont want that.

I am hoping with time, the players that just want to play PUBG will shove off back to PUBG and the game will develop.  I appreciate that some players want a different experience, and that's fine.  But for me its a survival game not a battle royal game.  Maybe there could be something similar to GTA 5 servers where players with similar play styles get grouped together.

Anyway, thats just my 2p worth, but if I catch the lowlife coward that gunned me down with out showing himself,  after I was just finally getting some progress, your DEAD!!! LOL  (Also some mechanic to be able to recognise players is great idea, name tags or something, that way its easier to spot previous friendlys.)

4 minutes ago, Calcifur said:

I am hoping with time, the players that just want to play PUBG will shove off back to PUBG and the game will develop.  I appreciate that some players want a different experience, and that's fine.  But for me its a survival game not a battle royal game.  Maybe there could be something similar to GTA 5 servers where players with similar play styles get grouped together.

Yeah, perhaps an easy way for them to do it would be servers where settings are different.  That way they can appeal to all types of players.  Some people just like to say it isn't supposed to be easy..etc.  And that is fine.. there can be servers where it is harder and some where it is easier.  That way the game would be played by more and the devs can get more revenue from it.