exwoll

Any info about the new Main Menu and character visual effects of ingame statuses and events?

Was watching this old concept for the main menu and some in-game visual status effects representation details for the player itself (showing what the character is experiencing in the screen).  And wandered what are the development team plans for these? I scrolled trough the list of stuff they're planning to add into beta and release and havent found those items, nor had seen anyone referring to them in the latest streams.

The things I am referring to specifically are:

• Spawning visuals
  • Dying visuals
  • Wearing items that affect vision (motorcycle helmets, sunglasses, etc)
  • Realistic blood and injuries rendering/particles
  • Hunger visuals
  • Sickness visuals
  • Hypothermia/Hyperthermia visuals
  • Low health/blood visuals
  • Massive damage/shock/pain(this one for torture episodes) visuals
  • Substance consumption visuals (alcohol, morphine other drugs, poisoning, etc)
  • Will we have an opened plastic bottle animation btw??? was always kinda weird drinking/filling a closed one XD

Small details that would massively add to the game immersion and experience, and would definitely signal of a ready to launch and thought off product. Did the devs talked about these or are they included in some category from the "to do" list they supplied last year? 

Because all of them were possible with the old renderer (at least some modded/pirate SA servers had some of them implemented), guess that Enfusion is more than capable of having them.

Edited by exwoll
  • Beans 3

You should go watch the recorded streams of 0.63 and Gamescom. The devs have demonstrated or talked about their plans for most of these, including a list of active characters with stats in the main menu, but those might not make it to the initial experimental builds.

Character status will be conveyed through character animations and sounds where possible, like animations for low health, broken bones, exhausted/heavy breathing, reaction to melee/fall damage, etc. The particle system was redone with one of the goals being able to show bullet wounds on players and maybe pools of blood on the ground, but that hasn't been shown yet (but the particle system is being used for guns already).

Headgear affecting the players vision hasn't been talked about, so I think that's unlikely to happen anytime soon. The same goes for spawn/death view, aside from the current full-body animations that will transition to ragdolls.

Here are some links:
Devblog about the early 0.63 demo that people played at Gamescom
Most recent 0.63 livestream --- And my notes on it.
0.63 Ambient Sound Preview
0.63 Watercourses Preview

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Thanks about the update on blood and wounds, great to know that! :D

Regarding the effects, the things you mentioned are shown with the character himself, in other words are external signs of the health statuses for other players to see, I certainly heard and read about those since last year show of the shivering when it´s cold. But here I´m explicitly asking about the visual effect it will have  from the player perspective, or the internal effects the different statuses will show themselves for the player playing the character it´s affecting.

I´ll use the same list I made above to give examples on each point:

• Spawning visuals - Waking up eyes animation, decreasing blurriness after coming into your senses
  • Dying visuals - Decreasing visibility, closing eyes animation, blood, heartbeat sound and visual pulsating effect, tremors, short visibility of the world around while you´re dying etc
  • Wearing items that affect vision (motorcycle helmets, sunglasses, etc) - Depending on color and state of the glass you wear 
  • Hunger visuals  - slight blurriness or increased motion blur, vignetting, lose of color (increasing with severity)
  • Sickness visuals - depending on the sickness, various combinations of the stuff mentioned above, tumbling of the character, shacking , etc (increasing with severity)
  • Hypothermia/Hyperthermia visuals - same as above applied to these symptoms (increasing with severity)
  • Low health/blood visuals - blurriness, vignetting, desaturation, tumbling, etc (increasing with severity)
  • Massive damage/shock/pain(this one for torture episodes) visuals - visual pulsation effect, increased breathing, heartbeat sounds, high pitch sounds for acute pain, etc 
  • Substance consumption visuals (alcohol, morphine other drugs, poisoning, etc) - depending on each substance, blurriness, sounds, colors, etc (increasing with severity)

In other words, stuff that makes you somehow experience what´s happening to your character :D

Edited by exwoll

7 minutes ago, exwoll said:

But here I´m explicitly asking about the visual effect it will have  from the player perspective, or the internal effects the different statuses will show themselves for the player playing the character it´s affecting.

Ah, sorry for misinterpreting the question. In that case there isn't much at all that has been shown or talked about (but I would assume the desaturation from low blood isn't going away).

Maybe a dev can pop in here to comment, or talk about it in a later Status Report.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

@Baty Alquawen plsssss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ :D  

Deliver this simple mortal plead to the other world :v

Edited by exwoll
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

There will be added sway when aiming and injured, tired, or sick.

Thats a good starting point

Oohh yes, I always remember seeing this concept video back when it surfaced and oh boy the potential got me excited... so i think i will take this oppotunity to repost the other awesome sound design concept video called "The Horror

Check this one out exwoll..  man i cant beleice this is 4 years old already.. some of my dayz fantasies are finally coming to life these days :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

Oohh yes, I always remember seeing this concept video back when it surfaced and oh boy the potential got me excited... so i think i will take this oppotunity to repost the other awesome sound design concept video called "The Horror

Check this one out exwoll..  man i cant beleice this is 4 years old already.. some of my dayz fantasies are finally coming to life these days :D

That one is almost everything we have already :D. Would be great to have the high pitch in the ears also, and some heartbeat sound if there is a shot or infected close during the night :3. 

1 minute ago, exwoll said:

That one is almost everything we have already :D. Would be great to have the high pitch in the ears also, and some heartbeat sound if there is a shot or infected close during the night :3. 

Yep, I just hope we have infected screams closer to the ones in that video rather than the "demoninc snarls" we have been hearing since 2012. Quite a common mis conception if you ask me when it  comes to zombie sounds as they arent actually from hell ? or the living dead. We just need sick sounding people. 

Well, guess that we're not having these things in-game ever, sad :(

They never replied nor here, nor in Twitter.