Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 18 April 2017

2 minutes ago, IIAJEARLEYII said:

IIAJEARLEYII-Today at 12:02 PM

Hey @BatyAlquawen Will there be a Status Report Today?

BatyAlquawen-Today at 12:06 PM

Yes, I am working on it.

Thank god. The community could do with a morale boost after yesterday's... events

7 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Thank god. The community could do with a morale boost after yesterday's... events

??,what you mean?

1 minute ago, IIAJEARLEYII said:

What happened yesterday?

6 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

??,what you mean?

Reddit happened. Some guy made a post on r/pcmasterrace and it sent a wave of hate to r/dayz. It was rough.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Reddit happened. Some guy made a post on r/pcmasterrace and it sent a wave of hate to r/dayz. It was rough.

Nothing new to see here....

2 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Nothing new to see here....

Yeah, it's genuinely sad how warped the view of the general market is of DayZ.. The amount of PUBG comparisons and complaints centred around PvP.. I feel that people bought into this game with the completely wrong idea of what experience it's aiming to provide. It's not meant to be just another loot 'n' shoot.

Meh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seska said:

Yeah, it's genuinely sad how warped the view of the general market is of DayZ.. The amount of PUBG comparisons and complaints centred around PvP.. I feel that people bought into this game with the completely wrong idea of what experience it's aiming to provide. It's not meant to be just another loot 'n' shoot.

Exactly, people just complain about things that are expected to be like that... so I do not give a fuk... Just wait until all of these rat kids come with new patch complaining about the color of the boots...
Just take a look at the rust reddit...they complain about everything...just everything... xD

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Exactly, people just complain about things that are expected to be like that... so I do not give a fuk... Just wait until all of these rat kids come with new patch complaining about the color of the boots...
Just take a look at the rust reddit...they complain about everything...just everything... xD

I think it's just a problem with the attitudes of gamers in general nowadays. Everyone wants convenience, and instant gratification.

People don't stop and appreciate what they actually have. The atmosphere, the carefully crafted worlds and ambient sounds.. It's straight into "HOW DO I BEAT THIS GAME AS EFFICIENTLY AS POSSIBLE", and honestly I find that pretty sad. Games nowadays have so much more to offer. 

One of my favourite DayZ experiences of all time was relatively insignificant from a gameplay perspective but it's stuck with me for months.

It was early morning, and I'd been caught out in the rain without a storm. The orange and purple hues of sunrise had been drowned by dark grey clouds and the approaching rumble of thunder. I had to find temporary shelter, which was thankfully provided by a small tin shed, just on the edge of a forest. I dried myself off, took a moment to drink, and waited, willing the storm to pass. In what was essentially a 'boring' moment to most, I noticed the beauty of it all...

The sound of the rain and wind outside, separated from me by only a few inches of metal.. The looming silhouette of the Green Mountain transmission tower in the distance, standing fast as a veil of fog slowly enveloped the landscape to the North.. The herd of cows seemingly huddled together in the treeline opposite.. 

The sunlight broke through the clouds and passed over the grass divide. I could safely get up and move on, but as I re-packed my bag and checked I hadn't left anything behind, I felt almost reluctant to leave that small tin shed. For a moment I was in Chernarus, and it was beautiful. 

Edited by Seska
  • Like 2

Is there anything new to share at this point? The last SR was pretty much rehashing old info. If they have a list of features that will make it into beta that would be great. I dont know what else they could talk about, but I hope they have some juicy stuff to share nonetheless. 

Edited by JBURNS489

The 0.62 update will NOT introduce:

Any changes to gameplay

this makes me sad.
there should be some minor tweaks to make the game just more difficult.reduce guns,reduce appletrees,spread the chickens in random places.
now you can have infinite chickens in towns.just skin one chicken....log off the game...wait 3 minutes...log back in and there is chicken spawned.
force time acceleration at least 6x...
take stoneknife away,take off firedrill kit or make the firemaking lon lasting.

i have played with my own settings...surviving just nice without apples or rags.

2 hours ago, kopo79 said:

force time acceleration at least 6x...
take stoneknife away,take off firedrill kit or make the firemaking lon lasting.

Bow drills are one of the most badic tools taking that out of a survival game like this would be s mistake. They already said .63 is being worked on simultaniously. I can imagine that balancing would be done when the majority of the game is already on stable.

1 hour ago, elander said:

You guys are such fanboys, please open your eyes and see the bigger picture. I've been here since 2013, little to none gameplay changes.

take the time and watch this - 

the biggest problem of them all though is that you arent alowed to criticise the devs - the answer will be ban-hammer

and dis too

And best yet

Yes, maybe YOU need to open your eyes in order to see the bigger picture. I rather wish you looked up some information or video's about game development and in particular game engine's.