Sign in to follow this  
zRain Denk

DayZ Crosshair.

Is there gonna be added a option to let the player choose his favourite crosshair ? Because in my opinion the old one (dot) was better than this one .

3 minutes ago, zRain Denk said:

Is there gonna be added a option to let the player choose his favourite crosshair ? Because in my opinion the old one (dot) was better than this one .

Just like COD, yes. 

• Like 1

No the option is no longer available. You can only crosshair on / off. That it is only the two sickles are intentional. You should see your target and aim with the sight of your weapon. With meele or in the world it should show you the area.

(I even prefer crosshair off server ... it's clear of eyes drugs and shows the real Chernarus, but that's just my opinion.)

7 minutes ago, zRain Denk said:

is that a sarcastic answer?

Nope.

Im thinking once modding hits.. you'll get bright pink options and shit like COD has.

Play nice, guys and girls...

• Like 1

I think the crosshair is good the way it is. With only the dot how it used to be it will be too easy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMT said:

I think the crosshair is good the way it is.

Nyet!

Too accurate!

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 3:39 PM, Sqeezorz said:

No the option is no longer available. You can only crosshair on / off. That it is only the two sickles are intentional. You should see your target and aim with the sight of your weapon. With meele or in the world it should show you the area.

(I even prefer crosshair off server ... it's clear of eyes drugs and shows the real Chernarus, but that's just my opinion.)

Actually, that's not entirely true. Our servers have the crosshair off but there is a cross hair in 3PP during combat.

On 4/13/2017 at 8:05 PM, -Gews- said:

Nyet!

Too accurate!

My vote is to remove it completely. People in 3PP have a massive advantage when shooting from 3PP. I play in 3PP but combat in 1PP because it feels natural.

The advantage is this: Players in 3PP during combat and move quicker side to side. 1PP you move slower.

An experience that DayZ offers should have no crosshair and force players to go into 1PP during combat. I believe this would have an massive impact on PVP.  I see videos of players in 3PP with an SVD during combat shooting side to side abusing the intention for the weapon. The SVD isn't a CQB affair. There needs to be a balance. Jmo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Actually, that's not entirely true. Our servers have the crosshair off but there is a cross hair in 3PP during combat.

Correct. The Crosshair is only visible if you have a shot-weapon in your Hands. With melee weapons you have "no-crosshair". I play very often only with melee or empty hands and in 1pp. no matter whether 1pp or 3pp server.