RottenKiwii

Open Fields "OVERHAUL"

Hi, i was thinking about visual update 0.62, and it seems to me that the open zone should receive some updates too.
Can we expect something new in these places? Some time ago I made examples of such places with animals likely to have a respawn place there. (pigs/boars)

347b1hy.jpg       2v0xu0l.jpg

9uci6t.jpg       9th53l.jpg

What do you think about that?
I know that is not currently the most important but in visual phase these things when will be implemented could make the world more realistic and makes unique atmosphere in DayZ.

Edited by Maikelo123
  • Like 2

Ha, rape field.

On-topic: I guess we will have to wait and see what the visual overhaul will bring us. I know that there will be much more variance in tree's, might be the same with grass. Although it might be a good idea, maybe we're already getting things like you mentioned. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Good thing is, we get news tomorrow about it :D 

I sincerely hope they're done with it or at least capable of throwing it on EXP by this Thursday

Rats, many rats that flee or attack bitingly depending on the situation. Or snakes, so you can rest for a while, with a fire nearby.

The fields of DayZ are so dull and boring, Chernarus is a poor country with lots of agricultural villages but there's not a single crops field that I can see. It is absolutely boring and there should be more variety with the fields. Swamp areas would be so good to see, but I can't come up with a proper place to make a swamp at. 

I really hate the huge fields between Vybor and Green mountain, it's plan dull, no trees, no forests, no crops, nothing. It's just boring. I do like the area between Novaya Petrovka and Grishno however again there's not so much variety. Also Stary-Novy-Altar areas are really dull. There should be more variety between these areas, Lopatino as well that came to my mind just now. Hopefully, we'll see changes when they add the new environment stuff.

Currently Chernarus is like a huge desert that has a few green trees here and there. The forests are just boring with repetitive pine trees, nothing in the scenery to say "wow" when you are travelling in the forests.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, yazar8 said:

The fields of DayZ are so dull and boring, Chernarus is a poor country with lots of agricultural villages but there's not a single crops field that I can see. It is absolutely boring and there should be more variety with the fields. Swamp areas would be so good to see, but I can't come up with a proper place to make a swamp at. 

I really hate the huge fields between Vybor and Green mountain, it's plan dull, no trees, no forests, no crops, nothing. It's just boring. I do like the area between Novaya Petrovka and Grishno however again there's not so much variety. Also Stary-Novy-Altar areas are really dull. There should be more variety between these areas, Lopatino as well that came to my mind just now. Hopefully, we'll see changes when they add the new environment stuff.

Currently Chernarus is like a huge desert that has a few green trees here and there. The forests are just boring with repetitive pine trees, nothing in the scenery to say "wow" when you are travelling in the forests.

I agree with you entirely except the part that "Chernarus is like a huge desert" because compared to most other open world survival games, Chernarus has like the most trees per square km.

That's why I'm actually seriously excited by the upcoming .62 update as it will definitely bring a new refreshing feel to Chernarus. And I'm all about immersion.

The idea with the fields is fantastic. But ! The fields must not look as they are in the pictures, they must be depraved and full of weeds, just as nature created the fields themselves. It would look too perfect and unbelievable.