9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, i was thinking about visual update 0.62, and it seems to me that the open zone should receive some updates too.
Can we expect something new in these places? Some time ago I made examples of such places with animals likely to have a respawn place there. (pigs/boars)

347b1hy.jpg       2v0xu0l.jpg

9uci6t.jpg       9th53l.jpg

What do you think about that?
I know that is not currently the most important but in visual phase these things when will be implemented could make the world more realistic and makes unique atmosphere in DayZ.

Edited by Maikelo123
Gobbokirk and Sqeezorz gave beans to this

Posted (edited)

Ha, rape field.

On-topic: I guess we will have to wait and see what the visual overhaul will bring us. I know that there will be much more variance in tree's, might be the same with grass. Although it might be a good idea, maybe we're already getting things like you mentioned. :)

Edited by IMT
yazar8 gave beans to this

Good thing is, we get news tomorrow about it :D 

I sincerely hope they're done with it or at least capable of throwing it on EXP by this Thursday

Rats, many rats that flee or attack bitingly depending on the situation. Or snakes, so you can rest for a while, with a fire nearby.

The fields of DayZ are so dull and boring, Chernarus is a poor country with lots of agricultural villages but there's not a single crops field that I can see. It is absolutely boring and there should be more variety with the fields. Swamp areas would be so good to see, but I can't come up with a proper place to make a swamp at. 

I really hate the huge fields between Vybor and Green mountain, it's plan dull, no trees, no forests, no crops, nothing. It's just boring. I do like the area between Novaya Petrovka and Grishno however again there's not so much variety. Also Stary-Novy-Altar areas are really dull. There should be more variety between these areas, Lopatino as well that came to my mind just now. Hopefully, we'll see changes when they add the new environment stuff.

Currently Chernarus is like a huge desert that has a few green trees here and there. The forests are just boring with repetitive pine trees, nothing in the scenery to say "wow" when you are travelling in the forests.

DannyDog gave beans to this

43 minutes ago, yazar8 said:

The fields of DayZ are so dull and boring, Chernarus is a poor country with lots of agricultural villages but there's not a single crops field that I can see. It is absolutely boring and there should be more variety with the fields. Swamp areas would be so good to see, but I can't come up with a proper place to make a swamp at. 

I really hate the huge fields between Vybor and Green mountain, it's plan dull, no trees, no forests, no crops, nothing. It's just boring. I do like the area between Novaya Petrovka and Grishno however again there's not so much variety. Also Stary-Novy-Altar areas are really dull. There should be more variety between these areas, Lopatino as well that came to my mind just now. Hopefully, we'll see changes when they add the new environment stuff.

Currently Chernarus is like a huge desert that has a few green trees here and there. The forests are just boring with repetitive pine trees, nothing in the scenery to say "wow" when you are travelling in the forests.

I agree with you entirely except the part that "Chernarus is like a huge desert" because compared to most other open world survival games, Chernarus has like the most trees per square km.

That's why I'm actually seriously excited by the upcoming .62 update as it will definitely bring a new refreshing feel to Chernarus. And I'm all about immersion.

The idea with the fields is fantastic. But ! The fields must not look as they are in the pictures, they must be depraved and full of weeds, just as nature created the fields themselves. It would look too perfect and unbelievable.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Asmondian

Hi ladies and gents!
      I just try to make this concept based on what I read and hear about the plans they had in mind for the new HUD. While the idea is to imagine something different, I was also interested in hearing Dayz fans opinions about it.
      I think is an alternative vision of the current one but im sure the guys on the desing team are always a step forward so I do not doubt that they will surprise us.
      I hope you find it interesting.
      Cheers!!

By. Asmond

As default, our screen must be absolutely clean of indicators, huds or other elements that affect the immersion.

By simply pressing the "show items key" (usually the key left to the 1), the status indicators, the stamina bar and the quick access icons appears.
      These can be locked on the screen by double tapping the same key.

Here briefly explains how they should work. To the extent that all is in good conditions (health, food, thirst, bones), no indicator should appear on the screen.
      Once any of these status become in danger, they could just give a signal with the lighting system described.

Here is an example of what the inventory looks like in this concept. Priority is given to space, minimalism and depth of field.
      The blur is much more intense in the edges (iris blur) than in the center making it possible to see the background.
      By default, the preview of our character should be disabled, although it can clearly be activated and blocked
      on the screen to have the classic full size view and be able to zoom in and out as usual.

Regarding the vicinity, it changes its format to list, avoiding the rectangular system.
      This allows greater agility and more clarity in the representation and description of the items.
      Also  allows  greater  differentiation  with  the  items  on  the  floor  and  those  of  bodies  and  bodies.

Here are two important points to note: Firstly, devices (radios, compas, range finders, binoculars ...) now have a special place in the inventory.
      The  reason  for  this  is  that they can be used by assigning a particular key. I think it would improve and increase its use with this system.
      The second thing has to do with the attachements system.  Instead of having pictures that indicate that attachements have the weapon,
      it would be good for the weapon model to be interactive and we can drag and change the attachement directly.
      You  could  only  do  it  with  the  gun  we  have in  your hands (not the one on your back)

Now let's look at an example of when loot a player we just killed

Again we see how the inventory emphasizes keeping the view in the center so as not to lose immersion.
      We also see how the loot of the dead character is represented in the same way as ours (rectangular system) to make it
      much more agile and easy to use. Just imagine how we are taking part of his gear and we are seeing how this disappears from the dead body.

Of course, we can also activate our character preview as always.

Another of the fundamental points of this idea is the system of interactions. Possibly with the new animations for the beta, one has to assign a limited
      number  of  keys  to  the animations.   Nowadays,  there are more animations than F  (f1, f2 ...) keys.  So I think a good alternative would be the
      incorporation of a radial hud system (minimalist, transparent, non-invasive) that allows us to choose among the animations to perform.
      This  would  activated  simply  by  pressing  and  hold  for  more  than  2  seconds  the  action  button-
      (or simply assigning a different button in our configuration).

Now you can navigate between different categories of animations such as: military animations, social interaction animations, survivor animations,
      animations inside the car,  among those that can emerge from the animations that the development team incorporate to the game.

Just as an example, here I leave how would work or what could be some of the military animations. Imagine combat situation where you can not use the
      direct communication  (nor do you want to lose immersion using external voice systems or you simply dont have that person on your
      steam, ts, discord, skype....)  and you have to tell your partner to advance, make silence, maintains position,
      begins to shoot, among other gestures.

Ok guys, that´s all for this post.
      Sorry one more time for any gramatical error,
      tips or corrections will be highly valued!!

• By jacobahalls
      Alrighty, I just would like to point out that I love the atmosphere and overhaul of 0.62! But I would like to know what everyone else thinks of the volume of the Ambient Noises such as the birds and the wind.
      In my personal opinion I believe the ambient noises need to be toned down a bit because compared to all the other noises in the game they seem to be extremely loud and drown out everything else.
      Maybe its a bug for me and others sound aren't as loud or just want to know what you guys are experiencing!

• By Asmondian

Hi again ladies and gents!!
      In this opportunity I will leave you a UI concept (inventory) for Dayz 0.63 (AKA Beta) that I was doing and discussing with another member of this community.
      Bearing in mind that it has already been commented that BETA would probably includes a new interface (as read in lasts SR), I decided to leave this idea for the community feedback.

I hope you find it interesting, as far as I'm concerned, I had a lot of fun testing and doing it.
      Any questions or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

WHAT DOES THIS UI AIM FOR?
      1) Preserve the current inventory system
      2) Encourage and protect immersion
      3) Easy to use / intuitive
      4) Minimalism

///////  UI WHILE PLAYING (STAMINA + NOICE + STATUS)  ///////

On the left side of the screen you have the stamina bar and the noise you make. On the right side, the identifying icons (from left to right) of: blood level, hunger, thirst, body moisture, body temperature and bone damage. The brighter the icon, the greater the need to pay attention to the indicator. In this example, my character is thirsty and he has lost a good amount of blood. This system allows a screen clean enough and with clear indicators.

///////  UI + QUICK ACTION BAR ON ///////

Here we simply see that the quick action bar has been activated

///////  FULL INVENTORY UI ///////

> In this third image we can see the complete inventory system. It does not vary much to the present one but it has slight aesthetic changes. In addition, we can see modifications in terms of the attachments, the distribution of the UI and quickbar and the way items are represented in vicinity.
      > We also see how the previous status indicators disappear, giving place to a few more precise and detailed ones to the right of our character. Both, these and the preview of our character, can be deactivated by clicking on the small square below them, to allow us to see what is happening in the background.
      > Speaking of the background, you may notice that the blur is slightly less than the current one. This for me is extremely important since it allows to never to detach from the reality that our character is living. In this case, we can follow the movements of our partner sitting by the fire.
      > There are many other peculiarities but I do not want to expose them all i don`t bore you guys.

FRESH SPAWN EXAMPLE

INSIDE CAR EXAMPLE

Ok guys, that´s all for this post.
      As I said before, any questions or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
      Sorry one more time for my terrible English,
      tips or corrections will be highly valued!!