Sign in to follow this  
kopo79

Eating same food

i think that eating same food everytime should make you somehow ill or causing some nausea.apples and chicken everyday.
character should eat also cereal,rice,FISH,vegetables.

boredom doesn't cause nausea or sickness.  it's survival - if you find something that doesn't kill you, keep eating that.

• Like 3

i just think gameplay wise,people would move more and not just survive with apples.
and if i think that im gonna eat tomato everyday for maybe few months,i would vomit.
maybe its realistic that you would survive just eating same thing everyday or maybe its not.
but realism in this game,its just not working.

and boredom with loneliness,insecureness can cause you sickness.first mental,then physical.

Edited by kopo79

Wait a little longer. The mechanics are not where they will be. What do they think why there are vitamin pills? Valium and vielleivht later mushrooms and hemp. I think against beta this will come, they will probably no longer create on full healty only with apples, you will need balanced bahring around the max. to reach. I still expect some surprises, as if they dress themselves completely ruined, take one or the other drug and move illogically for infected invisible.

• Like 1

No boredom doesn't cause mental or physical sickness. Neither does not feelings safe. 

And no eating the same thing when you fight for survival won't make you vomit. 

yeah,i think that it depends about a person...but in dayz everyone can be rambo.eat just tomatos and seeing all the afwul killing what happens on surroundings.
but intension what my suggestion is that people would do more things than just take apples and sometimes grill chicken...i dont know how boredom even related to this suggestion.
about boredom and mental health=
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2016/04/09/boredom-can-be-dangerous-for-mental-illness/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-motives/201209/what-is-boredom

Edited by kopo79

No it doesn't you soft, civilised city dweller. You eat what you can get to stay alive and if it means apples and chicken all day every day you will. It might not be as fun as world of flavours that you had access to before, but no you won't vomit.  

This isn't the same as sitting at home and being bored. Besides it's a game, just because it doesn't feel like it, doesn't mean in real life fight for survival with infected like that you'd be bored. Most of the time you'd be scared shitless not bored. 

Edited by General Zod

I've actually advocated for something similar. Sort of.

We should get benefits from having a varied diet. Eating tactical bacon for every meal probably won't do you much good. Living for several weeks eating only apples probably won't be very good either. Hell, I once lived off pasta and porridge for a couple of weeks (I ran out of money) and I swear I almost died.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

I've actually advocated for something similar. Sort of.

We should get benefits from having a varied diet. Eating tactical bacon for every meal probably won't do you much good. Living for several weeks eating only apples probably won't be very good either. Hell, I once lived off pasta and porridge for a couple of weeks (I ran out of money) and I swear I almost died.

Eating any of one thing is a good way to develop vitamin deficiencies. 

12 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

Don't vitamin deficiencies show up after months? No one lives long enough in DayZ to simulate this. xD

On 18/01/2017 at 1:54 AM, Whyherro123 said:

But you don't one thing, you eat canned bacon, you eat canned fish, you eat canned / fresh fruit and vegetables. Sure the DayZ diet isn't as diverse as the one we are used to. But it's diverse enough to keep you going. 

Edited by General Zod