Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Stable Update 0.61.136770

B. Hicks said at ~11h AM (Paris time - UTC+1) : "estimated 12h update duration / stable server downtime"  so ... servers should be up this evening.

Edited by Solus Lupus

27 minutes ago, andro_dawton said:

I my eyes 0.61 is not ready for stable. On my system  I got a few client crahes. Desync, rubberbanding, sound problems are on a few exp servers too.

I hope they can fix that for stable with conservative settings vor Z numbers and ai population  at all ...

This bugs are part of a game, they did't fix this problems sience of DayZ SA EA.

I pray for rain on all servers until next exp hits. I'll be on stable forums with beer and popcorn.

• Like 4

do you think its a good idea to keep 61 on exp? no one will play exp 61 when there is stable. wouldnt it be better to adresse these issues for 62?

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Make sure to pack a water bottle.  You'll need it to catch all those sweet bambi tears along the coast.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. PVP player shit storm incoming in 1, 2,3...

10 minutes ago, Brandyn Clarke said:

Servers are up? Like normal ones?

I can see some of them (public & private / 1pp & 3pp) on the servers browser, in game (0.61 exp client)

They R coming step by step.

I'm personnaly waiting for DayzUnderground EU (private - 1PP)

DayzUnderground US is still up.

10 minutes ago, Antonis Loizou said:

Great stuff! Will vehicles spawn on stable or wait for the next patch ?

B. Hicks said "[...] continuing to iterate/update the 0.61 experimental branch with the time we have left before the holidays. [...] adjustments to network sync for vehicles [...]".

So ... no vehicles in stable branch, before they will fixe it in next exp. 0.61 builds.

Edited by Solus Lupus
  • Like 1

Stable branch is now updated and servers are online. 

See you in Chernarus!

• Like 4

Exp .61 is amazing. Since the last update though I haven't encountered any wolves and I've been in the north country almost exclusively. Is it down to luck/averages that I haven't encountered any wolves or did the latest patch make the wolves rarer? I hope that isn't the case as the wolves really make this game great. A real threat, unlike other games where the wolves are easy to kill and there's only a single wolf. Wolves should be super tough and hard to kill. I love .61 and I'm not all that pressed for vehicles to be added back into the mix yet. I'd love to see bikes make it into the next iteration of exp. Is there a list of what works/doesn't work in .61 + all new additions? Has anyone taken the time to make such a list? DayZ is shaping up to be something very special. The developers have done an excellent job. Oh yeah, this latest update seems to have made .308 ammo disappear from the game. Has anyone found any .308 Winchester?

Schweinsteiger Lives!

wow by the "great and hard" work the devs are putting in this it will come out of alpha in 2040. Why don't u collaborate with the guys that made EXILE mod for arma??? they did so much work in one year(base building, zombies, AI etc). Colaborate with some people who actually know how to develop!!!!

16 minutes ago, Schweinsteiger said:

Wolves should be super tough and hard to kill. I love .61 and I'm not all that pressed for vehicles to be added back into the mix yet. I'd love to see bikes make it into the next iteration of exp. Is there a list of what works/doesn't work in .61 + all new additions? Has anyone taken the time to make such a list? DayZ is shaping up to be something very special. The developers have done an excellent job. Oh yeah, this latest update seems to have made .308 ammo disappear from the game. Has anyone found any .308 Winchester?

I've found wolves and winchester ammo yesterday on the north towns on the east of tisy.
Wolves appeared just in the time i've logged in.

Maybe there is an issue with the trigger of them (maybe related with the character status not working), because on the previous season (where I had the bugged status) i did not had any encounter after walking trought the entire north, and when i've relogged I heard them growling next to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Razvan Virna said:

wow by the "great and hard" work the devs are putting in this it will come out of alpha in 2040. Why don't u collaborate with the guys that made EXILE mod for arma??? they did so much work in one year(base building, zombies, AI etc). Colaborate with some people who actually know how to develop!!!!

Dev team redone the graph & sound engine this year. That's why most of us didn't see a lot of new things. We should see more news in the next year builds.

Don't forget we gone from ~30 fps to +60fps in big cities, 3D sound system, wolves , etc ...

Edited by Solus Lupus
  • Like 2

I played a ton of .61 and can't wait to play tonight on stable. Question: did vehicle persistence get fixed in .61? I did not encounter any in my travels.

Hey Ed,

I was trying to be more stealthy while up north. I did a lot less running and a lot of crouching in towns and when traveling through the woods in wolf territory. Do you think that might have had anything to do with me not encountering any wolves? I recall in my last gaming session (last night around 8:30pm-9:00pm) I thought I heard some wolves howling in the distance (sounded like they were at least a kilometer away) but they never showed up (a good thing too, as I was at the northwestern military base). As for the .308 ammo, I'm glad you found some. I found plenty of Winchester rifles, just no ammo!

To recap, being stealthy; does it help in regards to not being detected by wolves? I doubt it since they have excellent hearing, but who knows?

Edited by Schweinsteiger

No Christmas trees this year? :(

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Razvan Virna said:

Seriously man? They've been doing a great job in the past few months. And as someone else mentioned they had to create a new engine (or was it a hybrid engine?) in the middle of the project which is a huge feat. That alone caused major delays but the end result is way better performance and a great base to build the game off of (apparently Bohemia is going to use this engine for all their future titles). Games take time, usually around five years for a completed game. We're just on the cusp of hitting beta. It might take six or more months but the devs are finally hitting the ground running. The next step is a new player controller. Once that is implemented we'll see a lot of new animations and overall changes in the game. This is what you bought in to Early Access for. Be grateful that you can play the game and take part in the development of the game. Modding a game is a lot different from building a new engine from the ground up. Show a little respect and be grateful that such a unique game is being developed. DayZ is way different then any other game I have ever played. And somehow it has kept my attention for over two years now, especially since exp .61 came out.

Edited by Schweinsteiger
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Schweinsteiger said:

To recap, being stealthy; does it help in regards to not being detected by wolves? I doubt it since they have excellent hearing, but who knows?

I doubt it... I think it could be related with the server network management, If the server is not updating correctly the status of you character it could be also failing on activating the trigger that invokes the wolves pack when you enter certain zone.

The sounds you've heard could be provoked by deers, now they groar on the distance. From my experience if you hear the wolves, they are coming to hunt you for sure(from the info obtanied from stream videos).

Regarding winchester ammo, it seems to be very very dificult to find, I've just found 20 rounds on my entire weekend trip.

35 minutes ago, Razvan Virna said:

Modding and developing from ground up is two different things entirely. Think before you type. Or bare minimum have at least the slightest idea about how things work.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Great news!

really? its not ready but we dont wanna stay at .60 but its great news huh that you can play a game over christmas thats not ready for stable. only reason its stable is because they didnt want one update in over 12 months, woohoo it got 2.......

1 hour ago, lauri7x3 said:

do you think its a good idea to keep 61 on exp? no one will play exp 61 when there is stable. wouldnt it be better to adresse these issues for 62?

if they did that it wouldnt be fixed till april when the next iteration MIGHT be ready

Hey Ed,

That makes sense (if you hear the wolves you're toast. They are coming for you!). I was in Turovo  a few days ago looting the small town. I peeked out of a garage and saw a  pack of wolves chasing some dude. I laughed of course, then realized it might be a good idea to get out of Dodge. Anyway, I ran up the hill towards the small altar structure, checked it for loot and then crossed the ridge to the main road below (the large main road that runs below Turovo and Novod). Almost as soon as my feet touched the asphalt I heard the wolves howling and barking. I turned my head and sure enough, an entire pack was on my heels. It had to be the same pack that was chasing that guy earlier but it had only been around three or four minutes since I had seen the pack chasing him? Regardless, they were now on me and the log cabin pub/tavern was at least a kilometer away. I somehow managed to fend them off while running for the pub. When I reached the pub I closed the front and back doors and caught my breath. Once I collected myself I let in a single wolf at a time and killed it, then let in another and so on. Unfortunately my only weapon was a machete and it wasn't really great for wolf killing. Suffice it to say, after killing three or four wolves I finally died due to blood loss (I had no bandages). It was fun as hell. Wolves have been the single greatest addition to DayZ. They have made the landscape truly dangerous, as it should be. The infected need to be more numerous and very dangerous, just like the wolves.

Peace out.

• Like 2