Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

Let me shed some light on this situation/build. The Experimental/Unstable branch is the second branch of all branches. First there is the Internal branch which they use to test stuff they changed or made which only is available to developers/employees of Bohemia. The Experimental/Unstable branch is to test the new stuff or changes before they go to the Stable branch. This branch is meant for users who like to help the developers by playing and finding bugs on this branch. So this branch is not meant for everyone because certain builds maybe unstable. Wait, did you say unstable? Yes, I did, see the resemblance? Experimental/unstable branch => unstable build. This means that if there is an unstable build you either live with it or go back to Stable branch. What you should NOT do is complain or rant on the forum about an unstable branch. Instead, you should mention it here and on the feedback tracker but leave the bitching behind.

And it's indeed impossible to test at the moment, I agree. But even these builds where it crashes everytime, even playing that little bit helps the developers out. Why? They are gathering data and if people keep trying and keep playing they get enough data and see eventually where this crash is and what happens and how to fix this. So even if it's unplayable, just play until you're sick of it. After a while when the developers have their data the servers go offline until the next build.

I hope this sheds some light on the situation.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

I hope this sheds some light on the situation.

But what about David Branch and the branch Davidians?!?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

But what about David Branch and the branch Davidians?!?!

To play on those 2 branches you need to be in Branch.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dgr099 said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I don't understand how you can release a version of the game, and with it comes 100 different problems (some new some old), every patch, please explain?

We haven't "released" anything - this is why you have to manually select this branch. 

Again - from the post defining what Exp/Unstable branch is:

"This branch is by its own definition "Unstable". In simplest terms, the purpose of experimental branch is for the development team to experiment with builds in a larger userbase than our internal QA.
Sometimes that results in us finding issues we cannot catch internally, sometimes that means we can verify fixes on issues with very low repro rates.
Sometimes the builds are very unstable. (As mentioned prior)

The branch exists for load/volume/stress testing. Those who go through the process of manually opting into this branch (its not super visible - by design) and dealing with whatever issues the current build on it may have, get to sometimes see content and systems not quite ready for prime time. However, that does not mean that is the branches purpose.
As the nature of the experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed."

• Like 11

so at this point with the crashes, should we stop trying to connect to the servers?

8 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

We haven't "released" anything - this is why you have to manually select this branch. 

Again - from the post defining what Exp/Unstable branch is:

"This branch is by its own definition "Unstable". In simplest terms, the purpose of experimental branch is for the development team to experiment with builds in a larger userbase than our internal QA.
Sometimes that results in us finding issues we cannot catch internally, sometimes that means we can verify fixes on issues with very low repro rates.
Sometimes the builds are very unstable. (As mentioned prior)

The branch exists for load/volume/stress testing. Those who go through the process of manually opting into this branch (its not super visible - by design) and dealing with whatever issues the current build on it may have, get to sometimes see content and systems not quite ready for prime time. However, that does not mean that is the branches purpose.
As the nature of the experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed."

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)
So at this point, are you guys planning to revert this patch? I don't see how further testing can be done if no one is able to correctly connect for more than a few moments.

7 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

so at this point with the crashes, should we stop trying to connect to the servers?

No, definitely not. Keep trying until you're sick of it. Eventually when they gathered enough data/the correct data/found the cause the developers will either push a new build or take the servers down until the next build.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Im gonna wait until the next update or until we get a tweet to "go to this server". Quick question, if i have an FNX-45 i  real life can i get a feature to spawn with one to start?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

i really wish to know this aswell, i think if we want to help them gather the data they need, we should play even with the current situation untill they say we have the information we needed, because the do it time to time. i think we should all go to one server and make it full so they can get the data.

5 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Id wait for another build to come out. Sometimes it is rather random, i stay connected for 2 minutes other times 10 minutes. Usually when i see someone else's msg come up disconnect, i start to go.

Was wondering if it might be a battleye issue, at one point.

6 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

Quick question, if i have an FNX-45 i  real life can i get a feature to spawn with one to start?

Well I have a DPMS-G2 AR10 ;-) Can I start with one of those!

PIQ (position in queue 54 ;-) )

Edited by ShallowTech

4 minutes ago, Shaneman322 said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)
So at this point, are you guys planning to revert this patch? I don't see how further testing can be done if no one is able to correctly connect for more than a few moments.

That's the point, that's the job for now. we need to do it continuously till they get the data they need. that's how you contribute in testing ATM.

4 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Well I have a DPMS-G2 AR10 ;-) Can I start with one of those!

i dont think Ar-10s are in yet. Do you have a FAL?

5 minutes ago, ValkinDed said:

why i'm dont see experimental server UK and DE ?

try another server, those might be down until more stable.

6 minutes ago, ValkinDed said:

why i'm dont see experimental server UK and DE ?

About that situation. Baty kind of confirmed my finding that the servers stay dark once they restarted too many times short after each other. She said that it was something like that so there is the possibility that those servers are offline until manual started again.

7 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

i dont think Ar-10s are in yet. Do you have a FAL?

No but I do have a 12 Guage semi auto, S&W M&P 45, and an old bolt action 30-06 :-) Plus my grandfathers k-bar from when he served! If I could just start with a hunting knife I would be happy!

Edited by ShallowTech

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I don't know if this is a problem, maybe it sounds stupid, but server restarted 2 times when someone fired at me, once they hitted me once they didn't, and one of tham was naked, so that wasn't fixed aswell, hope u can fix this this night, wish u all the best

• Like 1

At this point I can not connect to any server, only see two in the list and it crashes before I can get in the game ;-)

13 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

Im gonna wait until the next update or until we get a tweet to "go to this server". Quick question, if i have an FNX-45 i  real life can i get a feature to spawn with one to start?

Only if I can have my RL cardio for my character everytime I start.

4 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

At this point I can not connect to any server, only see two in the list and it crashes before I can get in the game ;-)

try verify, always use this for fast on the fly dev builds.

Steam games, dayz, right click,  properties verify data.

just incase.

You learn this with arma 3 modding pretty quickly

6 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

All the server's seems to be down, i can't find any.

Yup 2 left i see, so they are bringing them down 1 by 1 it seems to test. It happens without info.

Ask the guys how i do it? Boot them off my Dev arma 3 server and say in Motto "Get the fook out" lol

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

try verify, always use this for fast on the fly dev builds.

Steam games, dayz, right click,  properties verify data.

just incase.

You learn this with arma 3 modding pretty quickly

Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache?

• Like 1