Sign in to follow this  
siresteelhell

WOW, Lucky I found that heatpack, said no one ever

1 hour ago, siresteelhell said:

When did u ever need one?

Can provide some warmth while swimming to debug island, but only starting with patch 0.49.

once upon a time it was cold and you damn near die if it rained and wasn't equipped properly. We would have to build a fire every so often to keep alive I forget what version it was but I would've loved to have found these then. I can't wait for them to bring that back.

I seem to use them more and more. Quite handy in the rain if you're a bit chilly.

Come to think of it, Chernarus does seem a little colder these days...

Probably only good for scumbag snipers who camp spots for ages and don`t move

Edited by siresteelhell
  • Like 1

Heatpacks are very useful to survivalist players who prefer to get their character to full health status and a maximum energy surplus.  Fishing, for example, can be an activity that would benefit from heatpacks.

Just the other day, I was forced to move camps to a different server, and in the process, I ate all of my food reserves, got drenched by rain, and didn't generate enough heat from body movement to keep my core temperature up.
I nearly starved to death; all from server hopping my loot stashes for an hour, running another half hour and server hopping my other camp for 45 minutes.
I hadn't been imperiled from severe hunger or thirst for months, and It was actually quite refreshing to have to rely on a few apples to get myself to a place where I could warm up, fish for food, and get back healthy again.

With the apparent changes coming in .61, I think heat packs will again become as useful as they were in .58 or .59.

.60 was a hot summer; I ran around in my underpants, a cowboy hat, and a Hi-cap for most of the time to avoid overheating.  I don't think I'll enjoy the same freedom in .61.

In "reality" the little heatpacks we have in-game are more suited towards keeping your fingers and toes warm and limber, as opposed to keeping you alive in cold conditions.

There are heatpacks designed for that, but they tend to be larger and more expensive.

As someone trained in survival, they are certainly nice to have, but they are in no way an essential must-have part of my kit.

10 hours ago, siresteelhell said:

Probably only good for scumbag snipers who camp spots for ages and don`t move

LOL you have to love them snipers. Giving you a few scares here and there is much better then running through cherno totally nekkid.

It will get much better :) Oh i ment for snipers that is LMAO

I just use guts as heat packs. Animal or people... doesn't matter. 

• Like 1