Ajacklee4

Weapons suggestions

Sorry if there already is one, but, let's get a weapon suggestion thread. My list of firearms that I'd like to see implemented are: Mauser 98, Remington 700, K31, Enfield no.4 MK1, H&K HK33/93, H&K G3, H&K G36, FAMAS F1 & or G2, FN FNC, VZ.58, SITES Spectre M4, MAC-10/11, IWI UZI, Steyr SPP/ B&T MP9, PP2000, PP90M, PP19 Bizon, PKP/PKM, M240, M60, H&K USP, Beretta 92/M9, Browning Hi-Power, Luger P08, Sig Sauer P226, Sig Sauer P320, Sig SAN SG550/551/552/553, STGw57, Daewoo K2/K1A1/K7, Kriss Vector, CZ Scorpion EVO, Bushmaster ACR, FN SCAR16/17, Robinson XCR, AK107, AN94, and lastly the AEK971. I'm probably forgetting some, feel free to add to the list what you want.

• Like 2

I would like to see a few more powerful revolver's. Like the .44 Bulldog Special, for instance. 

Also, we def' need more variety with the milli weps.

5 minutes ago, MaxKragen said:

I would like to see a few more powerful revolver's. Like the .44 Bulldog Special, for instance. 

That one isn't very powerful. Thanks in part to the short barrel the 246 grain factory ammo is in the mid-600 fps range, many lighter hollow points don't get enough speed to expand very well, and they have a reputation for loosening up when subjected to hotter loads. Buffalo Bore put a warning on their site for this reason:

eVw6164.png

It may not be very powerful but it can roll an old washing drum down an abandoned airstrip tarmac, with standard loads. That's powerful enough to take a man down I'd bet.

Anyway, I'm sure they can come up with better ideas than my pea brain. :^P

I would like to see less military weapons, and more "everyday-use" like hunting rifles and such.
And i would like to see less spawning of them.
Sure, there are military areas, but if you'd look at it as real life events, the military wouldn't just "drop their guns and run" :P 
And not everyone has a gun so you wouldn't find a gun in every house. Should be something very rare if DayZ wants to follow "real life situations".

If a gun was your only chance of survival, would you leave it at home when running from zombies?

• Like 2

I also would like to see a more reasonable quantity of Mil-Spec firearms. (or any firearms for that matter)

I my opinion of what the game means to me, at least, I like to think that the SA is a mix between the Walking Dead, World War Z, and I am Legend. The mutations started and finally the military was called in to deal with it. The problems continued to grow and other countries were called in to help, but without effect....finally resulting in a mass evacuation .

Having all these weapons just dilutes the immersion for me. I can see how the devs might already be giving in to the push for more and more firearms so I might be pissing in the wind here...but CURRENT types and quantities are more than enough for 60-player servers...especially when you factor in all the weapon migration and hoarding that will be happening.

Just my opinion...and probably not the one that carries weight...but that's why I will probably have my own server with edited loot tables.

I would like to suggest that we can use .380 rounds in 9mm pistols being that the bore diameter is the same. Doing this would require manually cycleing the action of the weapon. And certainly result in malfunction. But if I were desperate to survive I would use 380 in a 9mm