• School Teacher Guy/Gal
  • Sailor

Types:

• Sprinters (Move at 125% Player Speed)
  • Normal (Move at 75% Player Speed)
  • Crippled (Move at 25% Player Speed)

• Like 1

Just a list of interesting new Infected that could be added:

•    Doctor in lab coat                              (they're already in, around hospitals and Pavlovo military base if I'm not mistaken)
•    Full geared military with helmet         (they're already in)
•    Old lady                                            (We have the old man, why not the old woman)
•    Sports Guy/Gal                                 (You mean bodybuilders?) OK, why not
•    Chef                                                 OK, why not
•    Priest/Nun                                        Could cause problems. Kids and religion in computer games can cause problems, I don't think Bohemia wants DayZ to be banned in a country because somebody was shocked and filed a complaint against the company. Generally you want to avoid stereotypes of any kind in a computer game to avoid lawsuits.
•    Prisoner                                           OK, prison island should have specific infected
•    School Teacher Guy/Gal                   They're basically civilian type so already in
•    Sailor                                                Like Russian military sailors? Around ports, OK why not

Types:
•    Sprinters (Move at 125% Player Speed)     Hmm no, in my opinion you cannot physiologically give more than 100% of what your body can give. It's an expression we commonly use but a body cannot give more than what it can give at it maximum. As DayZ has no supernatural zombies but normal people infected by a virus they suffer the same constraints as normal people do
•    Normal (Move at 75% Player Speed)     Well we already have them
•    Crippled (Move at 25% Player Speed)     They're already in, we have the crawlers

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor
  • Like 1

I like the idea of more variety with a class of zombie that is a little faster than top Player speed.

But not 125%. Holy shit. Let's keep that number down around 107-110%. Since we all see that some have the ability to leapfrog 8 foot walls, there is an apparent "super-human strength" mindset going on in the development department.

We're getting all of that and more.

They said we would have at least 40 different infected models, mostly weearing clothes we can find in game.

Zombie_clan.jpg

I would like some "dangerous" types:

-Exploding infected: Men and Women covered with highly inflammable chemicals, explode/burn when shot (present in some mods)

-Screamers: Women with a really loud scream once they find you (or are hit/shot). Attracts infected from a great distance (2-3x the actual rate). You have 2 choices with them: headshot, or hide really well.

-Groups: Infected that kept some primordial social functions and are able to act as small packs, hunting for prey (humans, animals and even other infected), they move fast, very dangerous.  (maybe 2-5 infected, with predator AI, capable of some tactics)

-Armored infected: Soldiers and police with body armor, almost impossible to kill with melee weapons.

-Kids: I just want to shoot some. Remember when TWD began, and Rick shot the girl, was the "ok, this show will be good" moment lol

-Infected dogs???

Edited by exwoll

1 hour ago, exwoll said:

-Exploding infected: Men and Women covered with highly inflammable chemicals, explode/burn when shot (present in some mods)

-Screamers: Women with a really loud scream once they find you (or are hit/shot). Attracts infected from a great distance (2-3x the actual rate). You have 2 choices with them: headshot, or hide really well.

-Groups: Infected that kept some primordial social functions and are able to act as small packs, hunting for prey (humans, animals and even other infected), they move fast, very dangerous.  (maybe 2-5 infected, with predator AI, capable of some tactics)

-Armored infected: Soldiers and police with body armor, almost impossible to kill with melee weapons.

-Kids: I just want to shoot some. Remember when TWD began, and Rick shot the girl, was the "ok, this show will be good" moment lol

-Infected dogs???

This is way outside what has been confirmed and none of this (which has been suggested before) will ever be in vanilla DayZ.

Maybe some modder will sodomize DayZ with exploding infected and tank infected bu5t that's a different game altogether.

These are essentially sick people with animalistic nature and altered senses.

2 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This is way outside what has been confirmed and none of this (which has been suggested before) will ever be in vanilla DayZ.

Maybe some modder will sodomize DayZ with exploding infected and tank infected bu5t that's a different game altogether.

I wonder if they'll ever change the animations the Infected do to something more grotesque or sickly, like coughing or vomiting. . Eating from corpses of animals and players, etc.

8 hours ago, MaxKragen said:

I like the idea of more variety with a class of zombie that is a little faster than top Player speed.

But not 125%. Holy shit. Let's keep that number down around 107-110%. Since we all see that some have the ability to leapfrog 8 foot walls, there is an apparent "super-human strength" mindset going on in the development department.

I don't subscribe to this recent point of view at all.

Infected scaling walls isn't that big a deal nor does it require superhuman strength.

Infected characteristics will likely depend on their fitness before becoming infected and the clothes they wear.

Small skinny people in civilian clothes will be weaker in strength and armor characteristics.

Large bulky people in military gear will do more damage and take more damage.

2 minutes ago, Espa said:

I wonder if they'll ever change the animations the Infected do to something more grotesque or sickly, like coughing or vomiting. . Eating from corpses of animals and players, etc.

Eating from downed peoples bodies was something the infected did in the mod and I hoped would come back.

In the status reports and interviews (the most important DayZ related content to follow) the devs have explained that the infected will have a variety of states of arousal and functioning.

ie: calm/searching, piqued interest, fully aggro'd, attacking barricades mode, horde/hive mind mode, and solo melee.

51 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yup, i'm not talking about the confirmed ones, the thread read "New" and gave some suggestions, just gave a couple of thoughts I had :)

I don't think they're way out of the real life though.

The exploding ones, are indeed too much (that's why I put a "burning" option there, still, I agree), but the rest are pretty much realistic:

• The "tank" are just people with body armour (anti moteen gear) that would be a common thing once the outbreak went out of control and crowds were starting to get out of control. Every police department should had the gear ready for all their task force, so it is well in the realm of the infection. Lot's of police people would get infected during massive operations, so they should be in the streets of big cities.
  • The herd behaviour is a really primal instinct, and since infected have enough brain capacity to run after you, attack, recognize other infected. They should be able (at least some of them, that didn't got fully retarted with the infection) to coordinate some basic pack stuff.
  • The screamers would apply to infected that have their sentimental center modified by the infection and overreact to encounters with survivors. Since this is a feature some humans have, it would be realistic to have it in game. 
  • Kids, well, kids, guess not everyone got killed or eaten :v 

The idea of these "special" ones is to add an unknown factor to encounters, where a survivor will have to drastically change plans and even try to avoid most infected. A thing that would enable the devs to add the danger variable to infected without having to add workload to servers with the number of them, which is the reason why we can't have a good quantity of them, and why they came up with the dynamic spawning thing.  

• Like 1

I still would like to see some infected use axes, pitchforkes or cleavers.....in general making DayZ infected having their own style

On 9/14/2016 at 10:26 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I don't subscribe to this recent point of view at all.

Infected scaling walls isn't that big a deal nor does it require superhuman strength.

Infected characteristics will likely depend on their fitness before becoming infected and the clothes they wear.

Small skinny people in civilian clothes will be weaker in strength and armor characteristics.

Large bulky people in military gear will do more damage and take more damage.

I don't really "subscribe" to it either. My point was ~IF~ they make changes, let's not go overboard. 

On 14-9-2016 at 4:19 PM, exwoll said:

-Infected dogs???

well since zeds can't HOLD anything in their hands... propperly and dayz has the mechanical accuracy of a baby on crack cocaine at the moment...
zeds HOLDING things... alright... also performing action with that 'weapon' highly unlikely they'd have the skill for that..

the chemicals idea though... hmmmm only problem we'd have then.. if its not a biting/acid type substance.. it'll just break and fall on the ground.. because there will be NO 'melting zed' animation in vanilla dayz

screamers? really?? REALLY?!?! why are you stealing ideas from L4D2?? not cool... also highly unlikely because if that would be a thing.. don't you think these zeds would have ALL of the hearing skills (like most zeds in movies)
thus if you 'crouch walk' or even prone crawl... guess what they'll hear you.. LOL

groups/packs <- already somewhat confirmed.. with dynamic spawning.. there's going to be certain areas with large concentrations of zeds.. I call that 'groups/packs' sorted.

armored infected: again... stolen your ideas from L4D2 hmmm? doubt that'll ever work because you'd have to be able to kill them with a knife or some other bladed weapon.. *grabs riot control zed by the vest, opens his visor, stabs zed in the face with 100 inch sword*
so another 'nope' because for this to work.. zeds at least need to NOT glitch and wiggle all over the place at lightning speed once you break their legs (like they do now..)

'kids' <- not even going to open this jar of worms... and ALL of the shitstorm this would bring onto everything

priests: good idea there are.. HOW many churches in this game? so why not priests.. don't give them a religious symbol.. just the clothing.. so if we kill them.. we have a 5% chance of finding at least 1 intact item (top/bottom) so we could be priests ourselves.. OOOH the RP reasons are ENDLESS here... 

Dogs: I have NO clue why this isn't in yet.. there should be plans somewhere for 'companion animals' if they get this right (like dean hall did try in the mod) and have 2-3 set types of dogs (german shepard/bulldog/rottweiler type *guard*  dogs)
so you could train your dog to do certain stuff (protect an area/search for food nearby/attack zeds/people)
that would give you enough time to spend attending another soul in your pack.. sharing your raw chicken with it.. because like you the dog get hungry.. water wouldn't be an issue because that's pushing it a bit too far..

well thats my take on things here

goodluck surviving folks.. lets hit 10K people again..

Lol, never played any other zombie game in my life beside Resident Evil o.O, and im only 160hrs into dayz. 

Zeds  Infected currently HEAR YOU. If you're loud enough in a house they will gather around it, they change their sound when they hear you . There was a chart somewhere with the distances of their sight and hearing. So it's ok. Don't see the problem lol.

By groups I meant packs of infected using pack mentality, to attack, lure, surround survivors. Since they're not dead and have some mental functions left, this could be one of the base ones (for some at least)

No, not acid, only some inflammable shit. Let's say workers from a chemical factory that went crazy with the products and got themselves covered with some highly inflammable thing that would light on fire if they're shot.

Yeah I know about the companion dogs, but I want infected dog packs taking the shit out of you in cities :3. Like 10-15 dogs going after you.

• Like 1