What happened to bayonets? No one noticed them missing, I remember back in the old days that I was able to attach few versions of bayonets on few weapon models, such as Mosin, SKS and M4. Where did they go, maybe alongside with Dean Hall they left our game? 

It always goes this way, items come, items go and will later re-appear. Just like atm we don't have any plate carriers in the game, and before had no tactical vests (not the high cap ones) which returned in this patch.

2 minutes ago, nl said:

It always goes this way, items come, items go and will later re-appear. Just like atm we don't have any plate carriers in the game, and before had no tactical vests (not the high cap ones) which returned in this patch.

They weren't in DayZ for atleast 10 versions.

Probably one day they will return, or not...have you actually ever used one in melee? I know I didn't.

One thing at a time... Let them focus on zombies first. I think we're over due in that department.

They're probably just really rare right now, or like others have said, taken out.  Other than opening cans they served no purpose at the moment.  I would assume they'll get added back in when using firearms as melee weapons becomes a thing (If that's still planed).

5 hours ago, Just Caused said:

They weren't in DayZ for atleast 10 versions.

*Less than ten.  I started playing on .51, and there were bayonets then.  I suspect the new player controller might make so it is not a waste of time to add animations for their use.

Forget bayonets, I want my Atlas Bipods! Havnt seen those since the last update and I've got a couple dozen weapons waiting for one.

2 hours ago, DrxAbstract said:

Forget bayonets, I want my Atlas Bipods! Havnt seen those since the last update and I've got a couple dozen weapons waiting for one.

The bipods are in-game, don't worry.

You need to hit the NWAF, though....guaranteed you will find many of them in the tents. The Zeleno Barracks as well.

3 hours ago, philbur said:

The bipods are in-game, don't worry.

You need to hit the NWAF, though....guaranteed you will find many of them in the tents. The Zeleno Barracks as well.

Haven't seen one since the wipe bug was looked into. Don't think you have either. Maybe hotfix put them back in last day or so, but i have my doubts.

11 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Haven't seen one since the wipe bug was looked into. Don't think you have either. Maybe hotfix put them back in last day or so, but i have my doubts.

I definitely saw many of them in the typical locations (all on a public server) but this was early last week. Does that jive with the "wipe bug"?

I don't post stuff like this unless I am sure...so if my timeline was off I apologize.

Now, of course, I'm off to see for myself!

2 hours ago, philbur said:

I definitely saw many of them in the typical locations (all on a public server) but this was early last week. Does that jive with the "wipe bug"?

I don't post stuff like this unless I am sure...so if my timeline was off I apologize.

If you find one bud, let us know where about so we can test too. Bi pods many of us haven't seen in awhile. It did have loads to do with the wipe issues.

2 hours ago, philbur said:

Early last week jives with the wipe, not necessarily the 'wipe bug' as it was a game-wide update. I lost my cache along with it, and havn't seen a bipod since... This may be anecdotal, however since then I've not found a single bipod at any location even on restarts.

• Like 1

Yup, i don't think they added in the bipod so i asked geez to readd them for further testing.

I wish i could just hop onto a exp server and test all the tricks others have suggested and find the root of it. Right now i cant.

1 i never used a bi pod yet, all of you have and all of you experienced it. I have come to help where i can and find a way to wipe my character, i can not do so.

Thanks. I don't think the bayonets have been seen either. Boot knife is in the NWAF that i do know ATC. Boonie hats are in the, utility sheds hidden military base. Unable to find the bayonets.

High cap vest in the NWAF, AKM 75mag in the military barracks. Snap loaders in the small wooden guard checkpoints.

Basically everything is all over the place now. Spawn points are messed up. Why i am not sure, maybe double spawning problems??

15 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Yup, i don't think they added in the bipod so i asked geez to readd them for further testing.

I wish i could just hop onto a exp server and test all the tricks others have suggested and find the root of it. Right now i cant.

1 i never used a bi pod yet, all of you have and all of you experienced it. I have come to help where i can and find a way to wipe my character, i can not do so.

Thanks. I don't think the bayonets have been seen either. Boot knife is in the NWAF that i do know ATC. Boonie hats are in the, utility sheds hidden military base. Unable to find the bayonets.

High cap vest in the NWAF, AKM 75mag in the military barracks. Snap loaders in the small wooden guard checkpoints.

Basically everything is all over the place now. Spawn points are messed up. Why i am not sure, maybe double spawning problems??

I've seen the Drum Mags spawn in both the Officer and Troop Barracks bunks, as well as the SVD. Typically, you could find a Bipod in any military tent, guard tower, barracks, helos and even the hangers... But nada lately. The interesting part is I've seen mostly-empty/completely-empty military tents right off restarts which suggests the bipod, and other item files, are not being correctly referenced for world insertion.

Bipods are in I have one attached to a m4 and another to a ak101 on stable branch.

baynets not seen one for a long time but as had been said no use until we can use them for mele. Don't care let them work on more zeds 

scratch that     work on hordes of infected so we are scared of pulling a trigger in ear shot of them.

They were removed a while back due to the fact that you couldn't use them as melee weapons attached to a gun . I believe the devs stated they would be back with the completion of the new animation system / player controller .