SFRGaming

Go home hyperthermia, you're drunk

***Note: This post is completely meant to be a joke. I am fully aware of the current deal with hyperthermia and in no way am I using this to complain.***

53102B8FF51BFD97BA28BFE1EAF1EB84786ED60F

Notice how it says I'm hyperthermic (also says I'm rapidly heating up but it's not shown in this pic) yet the frosty breath from the character indicates a cold air temperature

Edited by SFRGaming
  • Like 1

Great name on the thread.

Yeah its bugged currently. Even when complely soaked in water you can still somehow be hyperthermic.

• Like 1

Hmm. Does everyone agree on what the nature of the bug is exactly?

I ask because things like being drenched, etc, do take time to cool you down. And the devs have acknowledged that while it's summer in Chernarus, the autumn visuals are out of whack.

Your temperature status is one thing, while what's happening to you (eg being drenched) is another. You temperature can be falling, while your status remains above a threshold.

For me, the bug is in overheating and hyperthermia having way too low a threshold, and in the only solution being to dive into the nearest pond.

4 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Hmm. Does everyone agree on what the nature of the bug is exactly?

I ask because things like being drenched, etc, do take time to cool you down. And the devs have acknowledged that while it's summer in Chernarus, the autumn visuals are out of whack.

Your temperature status is one thing, while what's happening to you (eg being drenched) is another. You temperature can be falling, while your status remains above a threshold.

For me, the bug is in overheating and hyperthermia having way too low a threshold, and in the only solution being to dive into the nearest pond.

I have noticed the confusion of the status and if it's going up or down. A better message would be "I'm hyperthermic but cooling down (slowly / rapidly / promptly)"

In this instance, I was actually rapidly heating up which is weird. I'm beginning to think that the temperature isn't the problem, I think the thresholds are set wayyyyyyyy too low.

See, I've really not had this problem. Having said that, I am aware that overheating is currently an issue, so I am making sure that I wear light clothing - shirts and that. While I've been wearing a shirt, I've not even gotten hot.

I think a lot of it has to do with running, or sprinting.  I notice that heating up happens much more quickly while sprinting, as it should.  I normally run around in my underwear, only putting on my pants and jacket when getting wet and sitting a moment to cool back down, or when I need the storage or camouflage when entering a new area.

Things I do while cooling off:  Farming, fishing, eating, tabbing out.  Usually in that order...

The biggest contributor is long sleeve shirts/jackets/camo. Keeping it in my bag while traveling and until I've needed it and being Soaked or Drenched while using them has eliminated my Hyperthermia/Overheating problem and the associated spam... Simple steps and 10 seconds of your time every once in a while versus sitting around for an hour while Hyper clears... Hmm. That or say to heck with it and just carry an extra water bottle or two - It's not like it can kill you.

I think the heat values are just out of whack, adding up to much or resulting in to much temperature rise from clothing, hell, you start to burn when wearing a ghillie suit O.o

My current char is quite happy with just wearing shirts, cargo pants and a vest + backpack, no heat problems at all, no gloves, athletic shoes

ICYMI, here are the 0.60 values for clothing heat properties. Lower value = cooler:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4sccj4/all_clothing_heat_isolation_values_for_060_stable/

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4p4k6d/wip_content_added_to_the_060_changelog/

There are some interesting little variations in here - like the difference between USMC and TTSKO pants, or that between the improvised backpack and the others. 

Nice link, Mookie.  I've never seen such a clean table of heat stats.

Still, in case some servers have some kind of misconfiguration, please do send us a recording that shows how fast your character heats up if you find that it happens way too fast. Just to be on the safe side.

I'ver had no problems from hyperthermia as of yet. I get the messages but they dont seem to do anything as long as you keep yourself hydrated. Just ignore it, it will get fixed at some point in the far future.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:53 PM, Killawife said:

I'ver had no problems from hyperthermia as of yet. I get the messages but they dont seem to do anything as long as you keep yourself hydrated. Just ignore it, it will get fixed at some point in the far future.

Yeah, I'm actually getting used to it. Just means I run (jog...) with two tops - a t-shirt or tac shirt for normal, and an M65 for when I need the slots or it's raining. In fact the M65 is only two points hotter than the tac shirt.

The tipping point into overheating/hyperthermia for me is always sprinting.

While they won't kill you, they will deplete your hydration considerably faster than normal or even 'hot'.

Don't sprint except when you need to.

Wear light clothing. I love wool coats but I'm just not wearing them right now.

Helmets, c'mon man, unless you're running into a war zone put it in your bag.

Gloves, why?

Vests, balance this with wearing a heavy shirt. So instead of that shirt go in your under shirt with the vest over it or use a chest holster.

Honestly, hyperthermia in DayZ isn't life-threatening, just the potential dehydration that follows.

Devs need to add the possibility of wearing layers of clothes so we can take the jacket off and have something lighter on underneath it instead of having clothes store in my bag. Also we need the option to wrap the jackets / coats / shirts around our waist or tie them to our bagpack so that we don't have to keep a lot of empty space to store them because it got warm. Next is the ability to use various sources of water like wells / pumps or even bottles to pour water onto ourselves to cool down. 

3 hours ago, General Zod said:

Devs need to add the possibility of wearing layers of clothes so we can take the jacket off and have something lighter on underneath it instead of having clothes store in my bag. Also we need the option to wrap the jackets / coats / shirts around our waist or tie them to our bagpack so that we don't have to keep a lot of empty space to store them because it got warm. Next is the ability to use various sources of water like wells / pumps or even bottles to pour water onto ourselves to cool down. 

Mmmm. Sounds like a helluva lot of options for clothing. I like the 'pour water on myself' (or 'take a cold shower..') idea though.

17 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Mmmm. Sounds like a helluva lot of options for clothing. I like the 'pour water on myself' (or 'take a cold shower..') idea though.

We absolutely need that if devs want a well working dynamic weather system.