Sign in to follow this  
IronwolfTr

Modern melee weapons and swords

ninja-zombie.jpg

Would it be a good idea to have modern blades rather than say a samurai sword.

Axe-Splitting_fulljpg.jpg

Does anyone ales have any suggestions to add more melee weapons 

Meh, dunno if BudK delivers to Chenarus or not, but think we should shy away from Taticool Machetes.  Maybe when beta hits and they add in like 3 different types of woodaxes or something.

We're a ways away from beta, if that's what you're asking.  Best hope is by the end of the year but it depends on the Devs progress.

A commercial 'samurai sword' is a modern blade (and given their affordability and popularity probably makes more sense than finding replica longswords in tumbledown castles). Strange serrated, perforated thing you posted is a cheap sword-like object (although to be fair a great many people own cheap sword-like objects). The axe you posted is just a regular splitting axe and we already have one. Not a fan but I guess they could do a tactical hawk or something just for fun. I would like a larger machete. Although it wouldn't add much to gameplay I would like a modern folding knife (1-slot item). 

• Like 1

Black knives matter!

• Like 1

I can't see a Chernarussian farmer owning some kind of fancy tomahawk. He'll have a splitting axe, or a hatchet, or a splitting maul. He won't use freaking carbon nano-fibre throwing knives for hunting. He'll use something cheap and practical. However, if this sort of thing might be used by soldiers as part of their field kit then I could see it being military loot.

• Like 1

What for?  This is like developing the steam engine when you have electric and diesel engines. As long as everyone has a gun after some minutes, no point in melee.

Edited by Noctoras

10 hours ago, Noctoras said:

What for?  This is like developing the steam engine when you have electric and diesel engines. As long as everyone has a gun after some minutes, no point in melee.

If in the future game everyone has a gun in a few minutes, even then using melee weapons has it's use. Consider stealth. Consider saving ammo. Consider humiliation. Consider not being lucky to score a gun and fitting ammo after some minutes...

Also with the next update you'll experience the new sound engine. And when you do, you'll notice how far gunshots actually travel, and how many players and infected it will attract. Then using a melee weapon will start to become much more attractive, I'm sure.

Edited by Troll_Hunter

On July 17, 2016 at 3:15 AM, Noctoras said:

Lol

melee weapons are like steam engines people. You heard it here first. 

There IS the possibility that people like to get into melee fights. Not everyone min-maxes all the time, you know. 

• Like 1