redmantab

Veteran player returning to .60 - what's changed? Lets talk Loot, Persistence, State of Game

Excited to come back around to Dayz and try the new engine out etc.  I have always had fun with this game.  A couple questions if I may -

1 - How does loot work now?  Let's not debate or argue here, just asking for facts.  Is there a major change in the way loot is dispersed?  Someone explain please?

2- Is persistence in and working?  Can I leave a bunch of stuff stashed somewhere and then it will stay there?  How long will it stay? weeks? days in real life?

3 - Did they "upgrade" cherno and many cities?  How so?  Cool new graphics or?

4 - Any other major changes or gameplay alterations I should know about?

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, redmantab said:

Excited to come back around to Dayz and try the new engine out etc.  I have always had fun with this game.  A couple questions if I may -

1 - How does loot work now?  Let's not debate or argue here, just asking for facts.  Is there a major change in the way loot is dispersed?  Someone explain please?

2- Is persistence in and working?  Can I leave a bunch of stuff stashed somewhere and then it will stay there?  How long will it stay? weeks? days in real life?

3 - Did they "upgrade" cherno and many cities?  How so?  Cool new graphics or?

4 - Any other major changes or gameplay alterations I should know about?

Thanks guys!

1: Loot progression goes from coast to nw corner. Always check military locations

2: Persistence works. backpacks are 12 hours (I think) bases are like 8 days if left untouched but last as long as they are used. cars should be persistent however they have a little bug that's makes them disappear after a certain time

3: they upgraded many new cities including cherno and elektro. They have added flashy new buildings and gave the cities a great overgrown "I Am Legend city" look. Works well with the fog

4: Weapon recoil mimics that of the weapons from arma 3 which is a good thing (AKM used to have the recoil of an elephant gun). Zombies can now climb and vault over walls and small structures (i.e.: shacks and fences)

The game is honestly more scary / horrifying now in a weird way. When you combine the overgrown look of cherno with the fog and a herd of zombies vaulting over shit while chasing you, it honestly can scare the shit out of you

Edited by SFRGaming

Wow, that is awesome....the scare the shit out of you portion you mentioned....very cool.

Sweet!

I'm guessing that up North the cities aren't changed much?  just coastal?  or is the I am legend overgrown thing on most the map now (hoping you say yes!)

Also, where do scopes usually spawn?  Do deerstands every have anything good?  

Oh and what button does what "P" used to?  You know, so that you can see how many people are in the server and make sure I'm not playing alone?

I found scopes already attached to guns. Parts plus ammo spawns together now with guns

1 hour ago, redmantab said:

Oh and what button does what "P" used to?  You know, so that you can see how many people are in the server and make sure I'm not playing alone?

None.

• There are many mapchanges in the north too. A new Militarybase near Tisy, a new quarry and much more.
  • Zombies with many different Skins, Firemen, civil style old guy etc. but not enough infected spawning right now
  • the new renderer/engine looks really nice sometimes; rain/fog looks really awesome...
  • o2M2cwM.jpg
  • Ibvoze8.jpg
  • zJfZ2dy.jpg
  • loot spawns inside of loot; you can find baked beans in a backpack or a trouser, a rifle with a scope, a mag and some rounds in it
  • fps much better in big citys now
  • etc etc

10 hours ago, redmantab said:

Doesn't work post-0.60. But the same function is available via the 'View Players' in Steam overlay. Be warned that the number of players displayed in the server browser screen can be waaaaay off....

What brings up steam overlay? I know thus may he a dumb question. 

Also, the fog looks Awesome! I spawned up north near that tower city (forget name) and don't see any. Is fog coastal only? 

Backpack persistence is four hours.  Crafted backpacks have only one hour.  I though this needed clarification.  They are definitely not persistent for 12 hours.

Im mostly playing Arma and the DayZ mod. Its nice to see that the DayZ SA is actually playable now with the new patch.
But after having playing a couple of hours im already starting to feel like going PVP mode. Because there really isn't that much more to do. Yeah I can run around and scavange but its getting kinda dull to run around in empty towns.

It feels like there is a long way to go...No Zombies, the Inventory is kinda shitty and confusing, horrible melee combat, weird loot balance, loads of weapons for some reason but almost no magazines.

Im guessing 1 or 2 years more before DayZ maybe will feel complete. But who knows it could take longer, I wouldn't be surprised if it would.

Fog is only coastal? thats too bad, we all head inland and it would be a cool effect inland too.

Sure there is NO fog inland?