thefriendlydutchman

REMOVE ''Player Kill Count'' from newui

4 minutes ago, Killawife said:

Its not that I didnt understand what you were saying, its just that semantics are irrelevant and your argument is therefor invalid, while my argument is that whining about this feature being added is kinda silly as the game will be playable in the same regard as before with or without it. As for it being meaningless for it to be added because of it, for most people, this is most likely. But as it is already added, and you and me dont get to decide what gets to be in the game and what does not, its pointless to argue about it.

So please stop. Please.

semantics are irrelevant and your argument is therefor invalid

That is truly a beautiful statement  you should get a prize for that, it's beautiful. On the strength of that one phrase I now swear I agree with everything you have said up to this point. Take all my beanz dude. I agree with you. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I'm outclassed and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Live long and prosper, Killawife
 &   May the Force be with you

with respect - Pilgrim

• Like 1

Only stat what is needed is the hours/days of survived, nothing else. Everything else is irrelevant for the vanilla gameplay.

48 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

Only stat what is needed is the hours/days of survived, nothing else. Everything else is irrelevant for the vanilla gameplay.

"DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can."

Taken from the DayZ homepage, emphasis by me :P

Someone explain to me why having a kill counter has any affect on Bandits or Hero's? Hero's are future Bandits,  Bandits are the ones that live the longest cause they have brains. Lets face it folks as much as you hate banditry its the only way this game works, if you do not have bandits you dont have a game. If you just had all the helpless hero's around to give food all day then what is DayZ? I honestly want a kill counter because I murder people everyday on DayZ and I'm curious about my K/D. (Dayz is already a better version of COD.)

Edited by Cavity

On 3-4-2016 at 11:39 PM, Killawife said:

Its not that I didnt understand what you were saying, its just that semantics are irrelevant and your argument is therefor invalid, while my argument is that whining about this feature being added is kinda silly as the game will be playable in the same regard as before with or without it. As for it being meaningless for it to be added because of it, for most people, this is most likely. But as it is already added, and you and me dont get to decide what gets to be in the game and what does not, its pointless to argue about it.

So please stop. Please.

''and you and me dont get to decide what gets to be in the game and what does not, its pointless to argue about it.''

isnt that what the suggestion forum is for though, to discuss something and the devs decide if it gets added anthus having influence on the piece of art that is dayz

On 3/31/2016 at 1:33 PM, thefriendlydutchman said:

It wont matter if players can see it, people communicate on Ts and on Skype and people will compete with eachother.

People will post pictures on the Community steam tab, and people will brag about it thats just how people are, unless its per character (so resetted on death) it shouldnt be added, but thats just my opinion

My assumption was that all or most of the stats displayed would be on a per character basis. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how it worked in DayZ mod?

12 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

My assumption was that all or most of the stats displayed would be on a per character basis. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how it worked in DayZ mod?

Yes and yes.

On 3/31/2016 at 11:22 AM, thefriendlydutchman said:

You know what it is... Im a friendly player (Hell my name is thefriendlydutchman) I try to interact with people.

And I know this is my own problem but in a certain way were all going to fall victim to it, to the following sentence

''How many survivors did you kill.''

so now this is gonna be the standard ''Low kill count? you suck at the game!'' ''High kill count, youre a pro.'' this is a big slap in the face for the few remaining ''heroes, or friendly players'' in the game, and will ruin interaction, while youre at it remove VOIP from the game.

Bohemia Interactive, I have supported defended and admired you for years, but this will ruin the game for the friendly community of DayZ

and im not talkin about ''adding an option to disable it.'' im talking about please do not add it at all, because even if my kills couldnt be seen, than people would still act overly aggressive to me ingame because they do have it enabled, and they do want to brag about it to their friends.

can we please not make this ''Wasteland the standalone edition'' but DayZ Standalone where it is not important how many people you killed but how long you survived.

I could go incredibly deep into this topic but ''Rags'' already did this on his youtube channel so I wont, however before you people say ''youre just making assumptions people wont react that way.'' I just wanted to say on COD and on Battlefield, on on whatever FPS kids play nowadays (CS I believe) people brag about their K/D Ratio and thats fine for those games, however for a survival game you pretty much gave every player a first class ticket to KoS town.'

(if it would reset on player reset than id be fine, but dont make it a total thing)

sincerely

TheFriendlyDutchman

I dont care about people making fun of each other. I just care about the fact that if you have a high kill count your probably gonna get kos'd every time you meet someone.

3 hours ago, GuyRandomMan said:

I dont care about people making fun of each other. I just care about the fact that if you have a high kill count your probably gonna get kos'd every time you meet someone.

To be honest, that happens anyway regardless. IMO, the K/D counter should be left out. Leave that with the other FPS games. 

Someone explain to me why having a kill counter has any affect on Bandits or Hero's? Hero's are future Bandits,  Bandits are the ones that live the longest cause they have brains. Lets face it folks as much as you hate banditry its the only way this game works, if you do not have bandits you dont have a game. If you just had all the helpless hero's around to give food all day then what is DayZ? I honestly want a kill counter because I murder people everyday on DayZ and I'm curious about my K/D. (Dayz is already a better version of COD.)

9 hours ago, GuyRandomMan said:

I just care about the fact that if you have a high kill count your probably gonna get kos'd every time you meet someone.

You will be the only person able to see your stats unless you deliberately share them with somebody. It isnt like the Mod where you get a bandit skin after killing X number of people.

Edited by GunRunner

14 hours ago, Cavity said:

Bandits are the ones that live the longest cause they have brains.
  I honestly want a kill counter because I murder people everyday on DayZ and I can't count.

That's why I want a kill counter for chickens, because they can't count either.
Bet you think us farmers are dumb, hu?
xx