Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

Supprise Map

I love CH+ and all BUT will BI suprise us with a new map on release?
as large and detailed as ch+ but in a completely new setting (north america?).

i think this is the only thing that can "reset" the game experience after such a long MOD/Development/Early Access phase.
DayZ SA should be released with a completely new map in a new setting in addition to ch+, its the only thing that makes sense.

Tanoa is soon ready. I wouldn't wonder if BIS is already knowing their next map. But a new map for DayZ? Two to three years after the final release with a good luck. I don't believe CH+ will be the only official DayZ map but it will likely take some time to develop another.

• Like 1

On 19.2.2016 at 0:34 AM, thedoctorlome1 said:

The devs have said multiple times that vanilla Dayz will only have CH+

oh how good you repeat it for them then. 

On 20.2.2016 at 1:34 AM, St. Jimmy said:

Tanoa is soon ready. I wouldn't wonder if BIS is already knowing their next map. But a new map for DayZ? Two to three years after the final release with a good luck. I don't believe CH+ will be the only official DayZ map but it will likely take some time to develop another.

right but another fresh map would be the only thing that would REALLY revitalize dayz sa on launch.
its pretty reasonable if you ask me and they would still have plenty enough time and resources to come up with another map.

just saying :)

They have already said they won't be adding another map. However, expect a ton of maps when modding becomes available.

4 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

They have already said they won't be adding another map. However, expect a ton of maps when modding becomes available.

that can mean two things: either they dont see the light or they are enlightened people and make it a supprise map :)

Or it could mean that they're not going to make another map, and modders will happily fill that role.

The Devs simply can't win. 

Universe A: 'Oh hey we made a secret map for you folks to enjoy.' 'Why didn't you lazy assholes put your time to better use by fixing bugs?'

Universe B: 'We fixed all the bugs and DayZ is so optimized that you can play it on a phone at 60 fps.'  'Why didn't you make a new map?'

• Like 4

Consider that CH+ is still, not finished.

:|

5 hours ago, fabio_chavez said:

that can mean two things: either they dont see the light or they are enlightened people and make it a supprise map :)

No, it doesn't. It means they won't be MAKING another MAP. They haven't finish Chernarus+ yet, and will just let modders make other maps.

On 2/20/2016 at 1:34 AM, St. Jimmy said:

As long as the z do not go through the bushes and woods, it would be quite funny.

The question is : Will DayZ SA * Terrain Builder be part of the Modding tools released ?

(ArmAIII name of mapmaking tool).

Like others said: it's not finished. The "old" towns of Cherno and Elektro are being reworked into more interesting urban environments. The north-west still has very large empty areas and we'll see a couple of new buildings, including our own bases. 

I do get what you're asking and why. Dayz always had this sober aproach to things. The virus outbreak wasn't that long ago and everything still looks pretty normal. A few car wrecks here and there isn't really how you picture the breakdown of civilisation. However, overgrown roads and cities as wasteland don't make sense in this scenario. There should be more signs of struggle, though. If Dayz were trying to tell a story, it would need a lot more diversity in its environments.

In the mods I didn't like playing on Chernarus that much. But Chernarus+ is a lot nicer. With the addition of predators and proper roaming infected groups, the life of the story will come from the inhabitants of this world. And there will be modded maps for the game for years to come anyway. They'll probably just not be available right along with the game. 

On 21.2.2016 at 8:21 PM, IkaikaKekai said:

Or it could mean that they're not going to make another map, and modders will happily fill that role.

The Devs simply can't win. 

Universe A: 'Oh hey we made a secret map for you folks to enjoy.' 'Why didn't you lazy assholes put your time to better use by fixing bugs?'

Universe B: 'We fixed all the bugs and DayZ is so optimized that you can play it on a phone at 60 fps.'  'Why didn't you make a new map?'

no i disagree with every point.
they sold 2 mio copys, they can deliver a second map on launch

Edited by fabio_chavez

How would the no of copies sold affect the number of maps developed? The team is still the same size and they are still working on finishing the game as they have for some time now. Other maps will surely appear as mods for the game later.

55 minutes ago, fabio_chavez said:

no i disagree with every point.
they sold 2 mio copys, they can deliver a second map on launch

The three points I made were:

THE DEVS AREN'T MAKING ANOHER MAP FOR RELEASE!

When you read between the lines,

MODDERS WILL MAKE MAPS!

there's one thing you should be sure of,

PEOPLE WILL BITCH NO MATER WHAT!

and that is: Make sure there is something actually there.

4 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

-Snip-

I think you forgot an extra T in "MATTER". ;)

Back to OP: Just because they sold a lot doesn't mean they will make another map. Yes, I am more than sure they can, but they won't.

Why bother when modding is added the community is gonna bring back some old classics ones and many new ones