Zurvivalist

How can we fix camping ?

The thing is BI doesn't want to make bases built completely untouchable. Given the fact that items inside persistence contrainers affect the loot economy and decrease the chances of you finding new gear at the spawn points, if camps are this hard to find then the servers will not spawn loot after a while because people would have them all hoarded at their camps. 

The thing is BI doesn't want to make bases built completely untouchable. Given the fact that items inside persistence contrainers affect the loot economy and decrease the chances of you finding new gear at the spawn points, if camps are this hard to find then the servers will not spawn loot after a while because people would have them all hoarded at their camps. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the loot economy ignores stashes.

Edited by LucidHills
  • Like 1

I am not sure this is true.  I know this was planned to be like this at one point, however currently I don't think the loot you have in persistence containers effects the loot economy.  Also that was planned back when there was going to be a central loot economy over many servers.  Since then it has been decided there is only going to be central loot economy on a per server basis.

Edited by Komalt

true - true.. but they were kind of smaller and a bit less tropical-fish-blue

also you could put them half-way under tree cover - until that was stopped and you were forced to "auto-place" them right out in the open

Strange thing, you can now do the same with the barrels as you could do originally with the tents in the Mod, Seems you can wedge barrels under trees so you can only just about target them OR you put them in too far in and then you can't pick them up or open them. I've found a couple of barrels that are easily visible from a distance, sticking up out of bushes, but cant be opened, targeted or seen in the inventory (NO way).

BUT in the Mod i DID have a tent legally placed between a rock and a pine - right on the edge of the beach - and a thousand people must have walked past 12 feet from it without spotting it for a year.

I don't think I could do that with a current SA tent, for sure.

[- until one day the teleporting map-hackers came back (the last wave) and cleaned up every tent, vehicle, heli and boat across the map in 20 mins. ]

xx pilgrim

You can't do anything about map hackers though I did used to place tents in ponds lol. After that I'd check every pond I went by and then a month or two later everyone was hiding them there as well. If you have a real hoarder group, finding their stash can be fun if you only take a few things they have lots of. They can't keep track of it all, especially if they're a group so one AK47 missing and someone must have took it or they miscounted or whatever.

Do this and they won't know they've been compromised :)

• Like 2

To get back on topic. I guess what was said in the first post pretty much sums it up.  There needs to be either:

A. More forests.  However if the map boundaries are not going to expand this seems unlikely.

B. Denser forests currently in the game.

I think this is doable.  Even people on low end machines get very high FPS in the middle of the woods because theres few objects around.  If the devs added huge cities like Novodimitrovsk and Severograd into the map why can't they add sections of forest that have more trees or more bushes in them.  Maybe really large wide bushes that you can run through for the best cover for hiding things.

• Like 1

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the loot economy ignores stashes.

I am not sure this is true.  I know this was planned to be like this at one point, however currently I don't think the loot you have in persistence containers effects the loot economy.  Also that was planned back when there was going to be a central loot economy over many servers.  Since then it has been decided there is only going to be central loot economy on a per server basis.

Both of you should check this topic and Smoss's replies then

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230818-m4-spawning-in-059/?p=2327710

I know that stashes affect the loot economy, I have experimented this myself.

Both of you should check this topic and Smoss's replies then

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230818-m4-spawning-in-059/?p=2327710

I know that stashes affect the loot economy, I have experimented this myself.

He is not talking about stashes.  In fact if you follow the link the dev SMoss provides it makes it pretty clear.  He is only talking about loot from designated spawn points.  Nothing else is taken into consideration at the moment.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/

Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!

Even still these threads are old, in fact what is posted in April of 2015 is no longer valid because that was when they were going for the Central Loot Economy across multiple servers.  However I don't think stashes ever effected loot tables.

Edited by Komalt

He is not talking about stashes.  In fact if you follow the link the dev SMoss provides it makes it pretty clear.  He is only talking about loot from designated spawn points.  Nothing else is taken into consideration at the moment.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/

Even still these threads are old, in fact what is posted in April of 2015 is no longer valid because that was when they were going for the Central Loot Economy across multiple servers.  However I don't think stashes ever effected loot tables.

He said that items in player inventories are not added to the CLE calculations, tell me, if items in player inventories are not added to the CLE calculations, what is?

And also, explain how loot is so scarce on a server that has many heli loot hoarded around, the American heli crash sites are now only spawning boots and irrelevant items such as .45 ammo

Why does that happen then?

Edited by Yazar8

-snip- If you have a real hoarder group, finding their stash can be fun if you only take a few things they have lots of. They can't keep track of it all, especially if they're a group so one AK47 missing and someone must have took it or they miscounted or whatever.

Do this and they won't know they've been compromised :)

I love doing this.

I like to take random items. So sometimes I may grab a useless item and other times something important. I do this over time so every 1-3 days I'll take something (or a few somethings depending on the size of the camp). This way they'll blame a persistence/container bug not a raider.  ;)

He said that items in player inventories are not added to the CLE calculations, tell me, if items in player inventories are not added to the CLE calculations, what is?

And also, explain how loot is so scarce on a server that has many heli loot hoarded around, the American heli crash sites are now only spawning boots and irrelevant items such as .45 ammo

You are jumping to your own conclusions.

I remember it being said in plain English somewhere by a dev that stashes are not included in the calculation.

I am trying to find it now. If I can find it I'll edit this post or make a new post. 

• Like 1

The items that lay on the ground... in regular loot spawns, like in a house or on heli crash sites.  That's all thats taken into account, you misunderstood his words.

Also this patch it is questionable if M4 or AK101 is in the game, perhaps purposely done to try and catch hackers who might try and spawn them in.  But come on your conclusion can't be that on every single server there is someone with a large camp holding alll the M4's and AK101, I play on several servers and played lots of hours and eve nhave camps across many servers some that are low pop., I can assure you this is not the case and things in tents currently do not effect anything about loot.  

Or if not that then the rarity of these weapons have gone up a lot.  The developers can change loot rarity on the fly now, even in between patches so it is up to them.  Ihave found FN FALs and AUG but no Stanag magazines or FAL magazines, these items are probably in the game but its just rare this patch.  

How can you possibly know this without finding said camp that has hoarded heli loot?  If you found a camp with several M4's and AK101's maybe you can prove something.  You can't just assume things like this.  I've extensively been to heli crash sites.  A lot of the times theres nothing special.  They purposely made things really rare thats it.  And I already posted what Eugene Harton said in plain English: " Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!"

Edited by Komalt
  • Like 1

How can you possibly know this without finding said camp that has hoarded heli loot?  If you found a camp with several M4's and AK101's maybe you can prove something.  You can't just assume things like this.  I've extensively been to heli crash sites.  A lot of the times theres nothing special.  They purposely made things really rare thats it.  And I already posted what Eugene Harton said in plain English: " Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!"

I believe what I experimented myself, I believe they are counted, atleast some specific items.

I was not talking about AK101s or M4s, I am talking about items which spawn regularly. Barrels, guns, mags, especially heli loot.

Edited by Yazar8

While in development, we'll have to distinguish between how things are supposed to work and how things actually do behave in the live environment. When things don't work as intended, it is much appreciated when players report it on the Feedback Tracker. The team will then investigate what the deal is.

While in development, we'll have to distinguish between how things are supposed to work and how things actually do behave in the live environment. When things don't work as intended, it is much appreciated when players report it on the Feedback Tracker. The team will then investigate what the deal is.

All I know is that after a fixed amount barrels are on the server, the server no longer spawns more. I experimented the same with sedan and offroad wheels. After seeing the same thing with the heli loot and looting many helis and looting the best items, I started finding irrelevant items. After that I quit looting helis since I thought it had the same mentality with the barrels and wheels. If this is not the case then I am pretty much mistaken.

If there was a mistake with the whole system I bet someone else would have noticed it already, so I am probably just wrong with it all.

Edited by Yazar8

All I know is that after a fixed amount barrels are on the server, the server no longer spawns more. I experimented the same with sedan and offroad wheels. After seeing the same thing with the heli loot and looting many helis and looting the best items, I started finding irrelevant items. After that I quit looting helis since I thought it had the same mentality with the barrels and wheels. If this is not the case then I am pretty much mistaken.

If there was a mistake with the whole system I bet someone else would have noticed it already, so I am probably just wrong with it all.

This is so wrong because I myself had a huge camp in fact with many tires and barrels and tires still spawned, everything spawned normally I don't know how you get this impression.

One thing that may be throwing you off is the way loot respawns across the map.  This was explained in a Dev Blog and even some maps were shown not too long ago of evidence of this in a recent experimental patch.  So lets say you are only looting near Stary Sobor, then there will be less loot in Stary Sobor and more loot in places across the map.  That is to say less loot will SPAWN in Stary Sobor over time, there will be less and less loot in this area if you continually loot it.  I think this could be a reason for your discrepancy.

Edited by Komalt

This is so wrong because I myself had a huge camp in fact with many tires and barrels and tires still spawned, everything spawned normally I don't know how you get this impression.

One thing that may be throwing you off is the way loot respawns across the map.  This was explained in a Dev Blog and even some maps were shown not too long ago of evidence of this in a recent experimental patch.  So lets say you are only looting near Stary Sobor, then there will be less loot in Stary Sobor and more loot in places across the map.  That is to say less loot will SPAWN in Stary Sobor over time, there will be less and less loot in this area if you continually loot it.  I think this could be a reason for your discrepancy.

Yeah I already know the loot is spread across. I am not looting the same places all the time, no worries.

Edited by Yazar8

So lets say you are only looting near Stary Sobor, then there will be less loot in Stary Sobor and more loot in places across the map.  That is to say less loot will SPAWN in Stary Sobor over time, there will be less and less loot in this area if you continually loot it.  I think this could be a reason for your discrepancy.

I hear you, but wouldn't that mean that all the military locations on all the servers should have been barren by now? I mean, the NWAF must be stripped clean at every restart so the above rule should apply tenfold. Yet good loot continues to spawn there and at Veresnik, Myshkino, etc.

I hear you, but wouldn't that mean that all the military locations on all the servers should have been barren by now? I mean, the NWAF must be stripped clean at every restart so the above rule should apply tenfold. Yet good loot continues to spawn there and at Veresnik, Myshkino, etc.

Well I was talking about civilian style loot.  Since there are different classes of loot, Military loot is a bit different because there is only a select few places where it can spawn on the map so the military loot still must spawn at these locations.  This effect is more pronounced with civilian style loot that can spawn anywhere on the map.  

Overall its a subtle effect in its current state.  It was more evident during an experimental a few months ago when they first started testing this but they since have changed it.

Edited by Komalt

Something other than the pirate treasure chests :)

So just to confirm, this is stash related?

Also, can you tell us anything more...like will this be in 0.60? Thanks for the reply!

So just to confirm, this is stash related?

Also, can you tell us anything more...like will this be in 0.60? Thanks for the reply!

I know it's cheap, but I basically can't tell anything about it to any degree of detail.