kataro

Sugestion and petition

My sugestion and petition is for a Rifle Rucksack  in two options ..

One Improvised with  leather or  sacks ..... but u not carry a back pack  but can carry  one more long weapon  and two open slots for ammunition like this

alta-rucksack-m_AFAF19B6_large.jpg

and a military grade very rare  backpack with rifle bag like this

g2me-A1SSME-sm.jpg

• Like 1

I like these ideas , definitely keep those negatives with the positives though for balance so I like the idea of not being able to have a backpack when you have the Extra primary ...

Beside a coat for a more apocalyptic feel, this is something I would love to see in-game.

I like the idea. Although I would really like them to be super rare as well.

Nice but I would add that we need the sling for each weapon as an attachment itself.

If you find a rifle without a sling you have to hand carry!

There is no good reason why we couldn't have this and we could then have 2 rifles on our backs with use of a sling for each but using 2 slings would keep you from using a backpack as well.

9KtVKmU.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

I would be happier with a pistol holster on my right , and a 1 hand melee slot on my left  (belts ) 

The need to carry so many primary rifles kind of only caters to a niche pvp market . 

A lot of PvPers already shoulder a rifle , put a SMG in their packs or vest, and a sawed off shotgun in the leather jacket, not to mention a pistol. 

I just cant see the need for sooo many weapons . This would just add yet another gun slot , 

• Like 1

Would love this idea, I usually carry a winchester and a aks in my backpack, but with a backpack like this I can carry the real deal, attach a scope and have the best of both worlds. Or even take an extra gun for a teammate after a gunfight. I want now!

Would love this idea, I usually carry a winchester and a aks in my backpack, but with a backpack like this I can carry the real deal, attach a scope and have the best of both worlds. Or even take an extra gun for a teammate after a gunfight. I want now!

I'm ready for my Survival simulator now 

tumblr_mhhknvi7Fm1rbwchzo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

I need this in cherno :P

If you need that much ammo , and that many guns.. You need more practice aiming.. and better choices in firearms 

I only ever carry one gun .. occasionally a sidearm .. but rarely . And my kill / death ratio is damn impressive. 

If you need that much ammo , and that many guns.. You need more practice aiming.. and better choices in firearms 

I only ever carry one gun .. occasionally a sidearm .. but rarely . And my kill / death ratio is damn impressive. 

You cant take a joke can you? xD

My sugestion and petition is for a Rifle Rucksack  in two options

There was something from way back with Halls or Hicks where they said they were considering this. Its been so long since then, I'm guessing it was a no-go.

I agree about the weapon sling. I've always thought that should be part of being able to carry a rifle on your back, otherwise you must hand carry.

my issue with this comes from dupers, cheaters, hackers, and people that think they need more than a RAK to solve a problem.

As someone juggling this very problem on Prison Island without boats, I don't think we should be able to carry more than one core primary.   The decision to pick weapons based on value to carry back to camp should be a judgement call, at THIS point.  Allowing people to carry 3 primaries is a bit much at this time.   Perhaps in the future when I fully expect modding to allow obscene amounts of weapons to be carried back to camp.  In vanilla, no, I think we should have to make a judgment call over which 2 we can carry, or which 1 if we have to swim.

Currently, it'll only allow more and more loot farming, something we already have a problem with considering recent threads.

• Like 1

my issue with this comes from dupers, cheaters, hackers, and people that think they need more than a RAK to solve a problem.

Currently, it'll only allow more and more loot farming, something we already have a problem with considering recent threads.

Yes. This. I was afraid no one would come forth with the obvious problem here.

I like the requirement for a sling to shoulder carry, though. It adds some realism and provides another metric for the player to deal with. A sling can be used as a splint ingredient, tourniquet, or restraint. If you are bleeding badly you need to sacrifice the ability to shoulder your weapon so you can apply a pressure bandage or tourniquet. Also...a sling is a great help in steadying a weapon in all positions. I was a competitive shooter in the forces and whether you were prone, sitting, or standing you always had better accuracy when your sling was incorporated into the support.

The material could be rope, burlap, fishnet, or even torn shirts and bandages (and yes, even actual webbing slings or leather from animal hides) but the need to decide on using the sling to carry a weapon on your back or for other purposes is an enhancement.

Edited by philbur
  • Like 1