Inception.

What was it like the first time you ever saved someone?

You often remember the first time you invoked the wrath of perma-death on someone, but do you remember the first time you saved a player? 

I'll start: Back in 2012 in my failed attempt to shoot someone, I instead accidentally killed the zed devouring her; I patched her up and played it off like I was being nice. 

To this day she has no idea. 

Share 'ya Mod or SA stories about how "nice" you've been.

• Like 8

Heh, good topic.

During the mod I got a tractor running and drove around looting, filling the inventory.

I rolled up over a hill and saw a couple of barns in the distance and a lesser geared character running around with a couple zombies on his tail.

I pulled out my M-16 and picked off the infected and at about the same time the new guy ran up into the barn.

I hopped back into my tractor and drove down between the barns.

I called out to the hapless fellow and told him I meant him no harm.

I young British fellow answered back that he was new to the game and very thankful for my help as most people he meets kill him.

I told him to go peak in the tractor inventory and to take anything he needed.

"This is the best thing that has ever happened to me!" - a quote I won't soon forget.

Then I bid him good luck and drove off....

• Like 1

The first time I was playing I was actually saved by a group of players. How I recall that was when I was running along the coastline near Kamyshovo I believe and one of the survivors with a Winchester shot the zombies that were chasing me while I was a fresh spawn. He was telling me to come up to the nearby hill and we all stayed up top talking about how long we've been playing. This was around Aug of 2012? Not too sure. After we all talked, I was fed and kept hydrated then we ventured out along the road assisting whoever was in need. I actually was able to aid one of the first people who required our help. Those were the good days when people wanted to venture out and team up together to survive from the zombies than expect it to be a big deathmatch scenario.

As of recently, I've been sniping away at bandits who harm survivors in larger cities with my M40 Camo just for good sport to relieve my boredom these days. :)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

First player I ever saved was back in mod, it was a clan mate, so I really don't count it.

First random player I saved was running from zeds near the apartments across the the Cherno military tents. He was running, zed smacked him unconscious, dropped to his knees and started eating him. I having a back pack full of med supplies and a load weapon decided to save him. I popped the zed in the head, walked over, stopped his bleeding, blood bagged, morphine and epi'd him. As he awake, I told him I had saved his life and I saw friendly, but not stupid. I told him to lay there for three minutes so I could leave the area, he said " ok ", I get no more then 15 meters and I hear rounds fly past me, I turn around to see the guy I just saved firing his makarov at me, I returned with a well placed shot to his forehead, as he drops to the ground he floods side chat with about how i'm a homosexual and killed him while he was minding his own business.

I have other stories where to outcome was far better, he just happened to be the first random I saved.

Does not shooting people when I have the chance count?

Cause I used to do that alot... then get shot at by them.

Only reason I don't continue is that I don't consider my laptop worthy of gaming anymore.

this was a long time ago.  came to elektro fire station and found a guy swarmed by zombies and bleeding, just running in circles trying to fight them and it looked like he was losing.  I don't remember if he even had a weapon.  I didn't have a mic, so I typed in chat 'get up the ladder' (the power station ladder was right there).  he did, and I axed the zombies for him.  after he came back down the ladder and got bandaged, I gave him some food and I think some supplies.  and then I buggered off.  ('who was that masked man?')

Well I've never had the pleasure of meeting anyone in danger who didn't shoot at me also but there was one situation way-back-when I was on the coast, coming to the end of my patience with DayZ and KoS, when some of the latter types started taking teasing pot-shots at me. They could have easily killed me but instead wanted to break my legs, which they did. But at the moment where I was going to just rage-quit or even turn to the Kill-on-Sight darkside myself; two Ghillies emerged from the tree-line sporting some very potent weaponry. Though it seemed like they didn't need it as with surgical precision they took all three of my attackers down with no more than 3 bullets. It was a beautiful symphony of skill, coincidence and karma.

After they'd patched me up the two nice German Samaritans instructed me to stay down until they left and that I could take all the loot from the attackers that I'd wanted. It was that day that I really realised the potential this game has if you stick with it...

• Like 1

I dont remember the first time but I do recollect once in Balota military base when a blonde girl runs up to me with an axe raised. I shoot her and bandage her. I say not to do anything stupid as i have a gun but still, she wakes up and attacks so I shoot her again. I then bandage her again and wait for a while but It seems she relogged or died after banadaging.

I also once came upon two guys punching someone laying unconcious on the ground so I shoot them and bandage the other guy. He runs off and shortly after the two guys show up again and attack me. I run from them, then talk to them for a bit and give them my stuff freely.

• Like 1

I can't remember the first time, but the most epic time...

Over side chat someone needed help in the Vybor office building. Of course I was in a little bird at the time. I zoomed in and saw them slowly retreating up the stairs as the hordes poured in the entrance. Having been forced to the very top, I hovered next to the edge so that they could get in. They did so, and we zoomed off. A few clicks away we landed, I did some bloodbagging, they grabbed what they needed, and we parted ways.

• Like 2

I can't remember the first time, but the most epic time...

Over side chat someone needed help in the Vybor office building. Of course I was in a little bird at the time. I zoomed in and saw them slowly retreating up the stairs as the hordes poured in the entrance. Having been forced to the very top, I hovered next to the edge so that they could get in. They did so, and we zoomed off. A few clicks away we landed, I did some bloodbagging, they grabbed what they needed, and we parted ways.

Nice, a video of an extraction like that would have been awesome. I'd say it felt like John Rambo doing it!

Spawned near electro and saw someone running towards town. Not normally in to chatting with strangers i decide what the hell so i follow. As im chasing him i see he runs right passed a z and aggros it. He's fighting it barehanded and i run up and help out. We down the z and he thanks me. Then another guy runs up and asks if we are friendly and asks about the dead guy, then he sees its a z. I type out. Dude asks "which one of you is cash81?" I raise my hand. Just then bullets fly from someplace else. Guy i saved gets shot, i get hit and run for cover. I get behind a building and start bandaging when a mil geared dude walks out from the side where i came from and shoots me down.

That was when i decided to quickly go back to my lonewolf style from then on lol

I've got a good memory of one time I was saved by a random player.

I was in Cherno looting some of the outlying houses and went into a shed, upon exit I got sniped in the legs.

Fell down like lump and then crawled behind the shed.

One bandage was all I had to stop the bleeding but I didn't have any way to make a splint.

After lying there about 30 seconds (which felt like 10 minutes) deciding what to do 

a voice came over the comm saying "Don't worry I'll be there in a minute"

It was the squeakiest voice I've ever heard come over a comm.  

My death was imminent.

He said "Are you there?", and I replied "Me?"

"Yeah you, the guy who got sniped in the legs, I'll be there in a minute", he squeaked

The next thing I know I see a guy sprinting full speed right at me,

A gunshot rings off, the sniper was trying to shoot him down too.

Well, this guy runs by me full speed and drops a splint right in my lap and just keeps on running

All he said as he ran by was "Nice hat, Bro."

I patched up, left the bright orange boonie hat and got the hell outta Cherno.

Thanks little dude, you may be squeaky but you ain't no squeaker.

• Like 4

My first time saving someone.. if i remember right, (unlikely) I had spared lots of lives before then but i think the first time i saved someone was back in .57. a guy was being chased by an axe wielding bambi and by a small horde of zeds. after having gunned all them down i accidentally hit a key and i drop my fully kitted akm. the guy i helped shoots me and leaves me for dead. 

The first time it was worth saving someone was a bambi in cherno killing others with a pickaxe. I snipe him from the firestation and go down to see the 2 he tried to kill. they thanked me and i stuck around policing the area. Later that night a horde of bambis tried to kill me by punching but i gunned most of them down and hightailed it out.

First non random guy I ever saved in the mod were two clan mates in Elektro absolutely overwhelmed by zombies. I helped them out with my Winchester 1866 and during our final stand in a wooden house, with low blood, my debug monitor counted some ridiculous amount of zombie kills (think it was 70-80,) and the Winchester 1866 instantly got cemented in my heart as my favourite zombie shooter in the mod. I imagined we collectively killed over 100 zombies during that final stand in the house, and surprisingly nobody came over and tried to kill us. All my ammo was gone, and I would have had at least 150 rounds in that rifle.

First random guy I ever saved in the mod was in Elektro getting chased by 2 bandits. One had a hatchet and the other had a 1911. I dropped them both with my Lee Enfield, and patched up the bambie who was bleeding from taking a pistol bullet, before giving him a blood bag. He was very grateful, and I rolled with him for a while before he had to log.

First random guy I ever saved in Standalone was a fresh spawn with broken legs getting eaten by zombies after someone shot at him (whom he successfully killed with his SKS.) I started cleaning them up with my Mosin and saved his hide, during which he passed out and nearly bled to death. He was thankful and let me keep that guy's stuff.

First non random guy I ever saved in Standalone was a friend I had on Steam. He had like 4 or 5 psychos chasing him with fireaxes whilst he was a fresh spawn that I cleaned up real quick with my M4A1. Was quite a hilarious thing to listen to his absolute screams of terror in direct chat though.

After about 40 hours of playing the game (SA-have no mod experience) I decided I would try the hero role.

Went into Cherno well geared and with food and drinks to spare.

Didn't take long to find a freshy being harassed by multiple undead.

Took all the undead out, bandaged the freshy, gave him opened cans and some soda's.

-You Are Dead-

Shot in the back by a sniper...I could hear the freshy's horror and surprise by him screaming "Oh my God, Oh my God". I think the freshy bought it too,

Decided I would not play the hero again in that way. I helped players after but only if I happened to meet them by chance.

1st time I REALLY saved someone was very intence so say the least.

Berenzino outskirts. A 3 men, heavily armed squad pins down 2 friends of mine. They are beeing shot at from 3 angles and are in serious trouble. Guess we walked into a trap. I realize that there is no time for fancy stuff and rush the area. I manage to return fire at 2 targets keeping them from blasting my friends to pieces. One has broken legs and the other is bleeding. Somehow they make their escape as I let my MP5 work overtime.

I nearly make it out of there but I have lost too much blood and falls down unconcious....just to never wake up again...but damn it felt good holding them off so my friends could make it out of there ;)