TedZ

DayZ is peaceful

im world's greatest Gamer nice too meet u all.. i play Dayz N Cs Go

Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

It's an honour.

• Like 2

Quite the repertoire for the worlds greatest gamer. I bow before your presence here

iam hexio very new to this game,just here to say hello and maby meet you in game someday

Hi all, thought id put up a bit about myself so here goes.

First of my real name is Peter and im in Aus.

Yep ive played roughly 9 hrs so far( thats what steam says) and to be honest ive been looking for something like this for a year or two, i have no idea whay i didnt find it before , but there you go.

I was heavily into the Asassins Creed  multiplayer series on 360 and pretty much ended up only playing simple death match,I did play alot of Man Hunt in teams though it was basically stealth and planning and i fair bit of skill to be able to compete well.

Man hunt was more run and gun, although team work via mics made that part of the game work really well .At one stage in the top 200 in ranking which i thought was rather good. Was in a clan called The Reckoners for 3 years and they are a great bunch of people, ( although lost a sense of humor somehwere B) ). But then they changed the mechanics of the game and i lost all interest during AC4.

Have been looking for something since then that sparked my interest and my imagination.

I did have about 100 videos on youtube of AC but when i lost interest, (more cracked it) i deleted them and walked away from the series.

The username PlasticAssasin8, well thats from xbox and ive kinda kept it.

Hopefully i end up playing with a group at some stage, that should be good.

My opinion of the game?

Well being new and only seeing some of what it has i really dont think they have to change a hell of alot for me to become obsessed. The grungy feel of it is good, yes there are glitches but jeez, its server based , what can you expect

Anyway Cheers

Hey,

I'm spittle. I'm an active duty Marine and father so I don't have the time to game that I did in my teens, but I still make a good effort. I don't KoS.

hi played this for a while now thought id better get into the forum.

Play under Dredd, or Moron depending on mood.

Avid food grower!

Hi guys, I'm Kamoski. I was playing DayZ for quite time (Mod and then Standalone also) and i think that's a good moment to visit a official forum maybe. I'm not so good in english language (Polish player ^^) but i'd like to have small part in DayZ community. ^^

About my game style in DayZ: I'd prefer to be "Good Guy" in game rather than being bandit of some sort. Just don't like to kill innocent survivors. That's all about my person i guess... See ya in game. ^^

I'm Quentin (some call me mouse).

I am 16 years old. I have a some-what higher than normal voice.

People take that as a weakness.

I take THAT as an advantage. ;)

-------

But really though, I have a good 400 hours in DayZ but I have years & years-worth of experience with games like this. You have to know the players, community, what you're up against.. so you can survive.

I spend the majority of my time on DayZRP. But I like to hop in a Public Full-Pop in Elektro from time to time for some good ol' PvP.

------

I tend to stick with my friends on DayZRP, and we cause some trouble on Public servers now and then, but if you want to meet IG, I'm all for it.

Edited by therandomredstone

Hey everyone

I'm RonnyMcD, I'm playing the standalone on steam. Gotta say lo in the game but get bored running around alone.

I'm friendly and will help with whatever you need if I have the stuff you need just ask and 90% of the time is give it to you,

If anyone is keen I play the Aussie express server

Hey All,

My name is Steve but in-game i go by the name Banek or ChiefBrody. Totally new to the game as i discovered it while looking for other mmo's on steam.

Happy to help, so if you see me in-game feel free to ask but if you shoot at me i will shoot back :P. I like to play on higher populated server's where there is more chance to meet people.

Hi everyone im Jake or jbizzl3y!

I'm currently waiting for my pc to arrive and then I'll finally be able to play day z! Hopefully I'll be able to find a group of friendly people to play with and won't fall prey to too many bandits!

See you out there!

:) Hi everyone,

I'm new to the scene, just picked up Arma2 Complete..

A HUGE Fan of FPS (CSGO, BF Series, MOH, TF, Insurgency). Anything but Children Of Death.(nothing against it, just not my cuppa)

Really looking forward to learning with Arma2 and hopefully, I'll be a more adequate player by the time 3 goes on sale again.. Would have picked that up instead but I took too long and missed the boat.. <_<

I'm currently facing a HUGE learning curve! Not with the controls but actually getting the game to play in DayZ! Cant seem to go further from the map at the start! How hard can it be finding the Start button right!!!??? lol.. amoungst other things..

Hope the game is not ruined by hackers, not too much at least, really looking at Arma as a very long term series to be involved with. (The community really can make or break a game)

Well, happy gaming everyone,

See ya on the battlefield.

Josh

Singapore

Edited by JoshuaX

Hey all.

Reacher here. I´m pretty new to this game, only got about 30-35 hours of playtime so far. Just trying to get a hang of it. Played lots of fps games through the years mostly the Battefield series though.

I´m actually turning 42 this summer (yeah old guy huh) and live in Sweden.

Ingame I´m friendly and do not shoot on sight. If I can help I will.

I am mostly on my own in DayZ wich is kind of hard, especially with this exp. update (zeds are a bit too buffed imho).

Ah well, that´s it I guess.

Have fun you all.

/Reacher

Yo. I'm Traxus, I won't shoot at you unless you shoot at me first.

T. 

Bobby Black 1364 hours - 988 Confirmed (screenshot) kills

I'll kill you for just walking the wrong way, stay out of my vision if you don't want a trip to the coast.

been through countless clans and murdered them all the first chance I got I don't ruine this game I make it dangerous and exciting.

Me n two mates are recruiting fresh player to join the dark side. if you have a conscience for players in a game don't bother responding.

(Australia/New Zealand Only)

Edited by bobbyblack

Heya everyone!

I'm 45 yrs old guy from northern Finland, the real survival zone lol

I do hiking and some climbing in rl, would like to hunt too but I seem to lack either money or chances, so this kind of outdoorsy game where you can shoot stuff is very appealing to me. Also in last years I've spent a lot of time travelling around in the Eastern Europe, so, environment in Dayz feels a bit like home. I've stayed in towns and villages which could be in the game. I wouldn't mind living in such a place tbh, I consider my own country a great place but all too clean and organized.

Used to play last year with my buddy's computer, but this year bought up-to-date laptop so I'm gettng more into the game. 300-400 hrs in total so far. Usually I don't shoot players unless I feel threatened, but when I start to shoot... a line is already crossed and it's too late for talks anymore. 

Good luck and good loots to you all

Hello...never know exactly what to say in these types of posts ...so awkward for me heh. Anyways, name's don but I go by Druce in game(s) whenever it's not stolen from me. I'm 35 and live just north of Seattle. If wanna add me to steam, search for druce and find the druce with the blue bat signal pic ^^ have a good one ... laterZ

Hi i need you guys help, whenever i open my DayZ a notice pops up that says "The file has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is inncorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." 

If any of you guys could help me i would greatly appreciate it. 

Howdy, been here for a long time on the back side of the lights ,,,hey started with flash point,,,, winks,,,,so i'm a newbie to this forum,,,but not to dayz ....or arma i usually play a lone Wolfe,,,,but ,,,never,,,,do kos's ,,,,but give me a reason and i will kill u in a heart beat,,,,smiles . 

ty ,have fun pappy

A veteran, old-timer old-style gamer here, who just bought DayZ, and is downloading it right now.

I hope to help restoring the fame of ma generation gamer's, proving modern youngsters we are still capable of providing them a fierce concurrency, as their worthy opponents or rivals!

Edited by Caccio72

Hi,

Another noob here.

I've been playing the Mod for about a month, and put in over 60 hours, its a massive learning curve for me. I haven't played a proper PC game since COD 4, I've been 100% PS3 & PS4 since. The only problem I have is my friends are console gamers, I built my PC as I was sick of the lack of games on the PS4, but as a result I have to play alone.

I'm loving the freedom this game gives you, and the adrenaline rush you get when you encounter hostile players, or even if you're looting and you hear a car approaching. In the 60 hours or so I've played, I haven't come across a single friendly player, everyone shoots on sight, which in turn has made me do the same, which is frustrating, I don't want to but it's not worth the risk being nice.

The longest I have survived was 5 days & I was fully geared up, I then got shot while looting the airfield. I thought I was being cautious, when some guy in a ghillie jumps me while my back was turned in one of the tents. This pi$$ed me off, all of that lovely gear gone. After that I turned it off and didn't go back to it for a couple of weeks.

I am playing it again now, I've hopefully learned form my mistakes, but I guess it's part of the learning curve. I am deliberating whether or not to buy the Standalone, or stick with the Mod, any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Xile

Edited by _Xile_

o/

I'm Crit (in game name differs)

I'll be your best mate untill you bore me or I find out you have somthing I need.

I will show no regret as I take what I need from your corpse.

My name is Mental Burner and I luve surprices from behind the back over only a can of beans!

When can we play?

Hi,

Another noob here.

I've been playing the Mod for about a month, and put in over 60 hours, its a massive learning curve for me. I haven't played a proper PC game since COD 4, I've been 100% PS3 & PS4 since. The only problem I have is my friends are console gamers, I built my PC as I was sick of the lack of games on the PS4, but as a result I have to play alone.

I'm loving the freedom this game gives you, and the adrenaline rush you get when you encounter hostile players, or even if you're looting and you hear a car approaching. In the 60 hours or so I've played, I haven't come across a single friendly player, everyone shoots on sight, which in turn has made me do the same, which is frustrating, I don't want to but it's not worth the risk being nice.

The longest I have survived was 5 days & I was fully geared up, I then got shot while looting the airfield. I thought I was being cautious, when some guy in a ghillie jumps me while my back was turned in one of the tents. This pi$$ed me off, all of that lovely gear gone. After that I turned it off and didn't go back to it for a couple of weeks.

I am playing it again now, I've hopefully learned form my mistakes, but I guess it's part of the learning curve. I am deliberating whether or not to buy the Standalone, or stick with the Mod, any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Xile

You are just like me until I started playing DayZ. I used to play console games like GTA IV & V, Battlefield, etc and DayZ is 100% different from all the console games I have played so far. DayZ IS brutal, harsh and VERY unforgiving (just like any regular game during the 80´s :P)

I am too, however, tired of the mentality of shoot first and ask questions later. But lets also see it from the other side as well.... In a world where you can not trust anyone (not even yourself), then you will only end up in a world where you can only trust the dead ppl. A dead person will never argue with you wheter to give or not to give you his best gear available, he will never backstab you in the back nor complain about hunger or silly things like that. He will actually quickly become your best friend for the moment (even though he doesn't say much)!

But from my own experience, I think DayZ is much more fun to play while co-operating with other players and I also find it more giving to try and interact with others first instead of only shoot them on first sight. Duche-bags WILL however be robbed and force fed with worms but they will always have a chance to run off, handcuffed and with a strange taste in their mouth...

Let me know if you want to tag along!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MentalBurner