Sign in to follow this  
vgbarbieri

Death Cam

Hi everyone,

i 'd like to suggest a death cam where, clearly, your body is dead but you cam see what is happening around you, like zombies eating your body, or someone looting your stuff as your vision fade.

edit: i mean for like 5 seconds and just first person camera

Edited by vgbarbieri

Hi everyone,

i 'd like to suggest a death cam where, clearly, your body is dead but you cam see what is happening around you, like zombies eating your body, or someone looting your stuff as your vision fade.

I don't think this is viable as you'd be able to relay information to friends from beyond the grave.

"They're looting my body." etc.

• Like 9

I like the vision fade idea but death cam? No. Once you die, you shouldn't act as a spirit to relay messages to your friends and have them avenge your death.

• Like 2

I don't even like the vision fading to black. I liked how once you died, everything just went dark.

• Like 4

I don't even like the vision fading to black. I liked how once you died, everything just went dark.

Gonna have to agree with Rags.

I'm not into kos personally but my most memorable moment in game was at NWAF on an almost empty server just wrapping up some uneventful looting very fresh to the game, black screen "you are unconscious" a few seconds later I see ankles and black screen again "you are dead".

No Idea what happened exactly but I slumped in my chair with a all kinds of feelings and my imagination just went wild, can't help but feel like that's very representative of how those situations go down. 

• Like 4

Gonna have to agree with Rags.

Always a solid strategy. 

• Like 2

I think the fading to black would only apply if you're bleeding to your death prior from going into shock but if you happen to die an instant death then it should just go black.

• Like 1

So you can tell your friends on teamspeak that the person who killed you has a green mountain backpack and a red motorcycle helmet, for example?

Maybe, depending on your religious beliefs, you see the Pearly Gates or a beach full of girls and beer?

• Like 2

So you can tell your friends on teamspeak that the person who killed you has a green mountain backpack and a red motorcycle helmet, for example?

Maybe, depending on your religious beliefs, you see the Pearly Gates or a beach full of girls and beer?

I like the beach full of girls and beer, let's go with that from hereon out.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

edit: i mean for like 5 seconds and just first person camera

So you can see your dead body, thinking about how a bad player you are?

If I get killed, I don't want to know who killed me. The only thing what would bother me is that someone was smarter than me.

I like this idea though!

would be ok if it went into like a free fly 3rd person camera mode , that only looked directly down on your body for a few seconds 

A cinematic outro would add that extra narrative to the game, but I would expect no-one would accept it unless said "death sequence" also rendered out all other players to prevent extra tactical info being conveyed to friends.

One way it could be done is by immediately kicking the playefrom the server once they die, while duping their body so they could see watch the outro fade into the main menu screen. (Of course this comment will infuriate players who want a quick respawn on the same server)

• Like 2

I'd be in favour of being crippled and bleeding out. Now I'm not an expert because I've not died before, but I expect that when bleeding out or getting shot in the stomach or something, you're more likely to collapse and then lose consciousness before death. As it stands death is instantaneous. I think it'd be neat if when we die (unless it's a headshot or something) we collapse and our vision fades as we bleed out, all in 1pp of course, and we shouldn't be able to move. The whole process should only last a few seconds.

• Like 1

I'd be in favour of being crippled and bleeding out. Now I'm not an expert because I've not died before, but I expect that when bleeding out or getting shot in the stomach or something, you're more likely to collapse and then lose consciousness before death. As it stands death is instantaneous. I think it'd be neat if when we die (unless it's a headshot or something) we collapse and our vision fades as we bleed out, all in 1pp of course, and we shouldn't be able to move. The whole process should only last a few seconds.

Oh, well that's definitely a different story to what I was thinking/talking about. Even in 3pp a short death/unconsciousness animation would be awesome. If it is fast enough, then there's no threat of tactical information being transmitted either.

Yeah, I made a topic on that a while back, didn't get too popular.

Well wait he is onto something here....

How about, a fade out of your body only with blood splatter all over the screen but don't see anyone around you. You have been killed, or you have died message.

And when did it ever matter when you died, your friends came anyways. :)