robophant

[Poll] Official servers 1pp only

Official servers 1pp only?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Official servers 1pp only?

PRAISE BE TO 1PP!!!! LET ALL WHO APPOSE BURN IN A LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE. FOR HE WHO IS NOT ONE SHALL FOREVER BE CONDEMNED AND TORTURED!

Fuck guys give the whole thing a rest. Some of you sound worse than a service quire condemning ppl for not believing in a certain religion because everything else is just bad.

• Like 3

Voted banana, this doesn't affect me due to my preference for private servers. I just personally don't like the idea of server hopping and like to be tied into one server continuously.

As for 1PP vs 3PP, I can get down with either but my personally tastes lay with 3PP. I like the wider field of view and being able to enjoy my surroundings as I move across the countryside.

• Like 1

@Hicks_206

"The thought has crossed my mind to make the Official DayZ servers all 1PP - leave the community the option to run theirs 3PP if they want" ~Brian Hicks

You like?

(Update)

Consider this:

YES! If they refuse to simply remove 3pp-crap-mode, this is the next best thing!

I found this on a bit of rock while I was digging in the garden to catch food :

[beginning of fragment]

I rymember - For I am old, but I rymember.. it was near and nigh to the End Time.. Aefore everyone put on VR helmets and and VR shorts and then VR Tanks, an did thy uploaded themselves [..illegible..] stopped having bodies, and BEHOLD they gave up sex and eating ('even eating biscuits or pizzas, they gave it up) bycause those things were not "immersyve" and MacDonalds and Girlfriends were not Immersiye Enowgh (did they laff, did they loll.. YES!)

... And that day it came to pass everyone vanished into an Great Minecraft Server and they were totally Ymmersed and the Future of Humanity was decided. They were Gone, and I only remain to tell the tale becuas oI (sic) never liked Minecraft that much And so - the earth is deserted, and where hymanity has gone the Log-In-Screen will not say....

And it began Suchly..

WOW hear! - the national and international Google-news on Y-Pad and the TV and the bars were full of "I am totally Holier than Thou" Moses-type freaks who had the Law OF God written in Stone from the mountain, and meanwhile the bad fans were dancing nude and smearing goo on their bodies and having an orgy around the Golden Calf which was called 3pp ( I mean 'verily dude" ) .

AND the rest of the the flat-screen-interenet (for so was it, tru-but hard to credit hu?) and VR TV was full of the Complicated Technical Explanation"

Beying those "TechExp" people who were NOT understood bycause they talked like Advanced Artificial Intelligence, and wrote like Webcrawler made-up pages. And thy said "Even a brain plug is not Really Immersive even in 5pp, AND we heard you giggling on TS3 so you were not immersed when you shot that guy." (did they rolf, did they lmao.. YES!)

Saying"We are talking sense but you are too DUMB to understand it, Moses, you are a religious fanatic and never studied "Fandom Interaction Factorization seen as Virtual Competivity In Human Sporting Events in a Pseudo-Simplistic Artificial Nexus" They said thys and WaxEd Wroth and gott pissed off, tehm too also. Because god had turned away his face from therm and put his VR goggles on. And they played 3pp and BEHOLD they were Immersed!

And Moses spoke and said "Go ***  ******* ***** ****** ** "

[translator: hard to understand, it might mean "you play for fun so vanish into part of your anatomy"  ? ]

And SOME folk danced in a hypnotic TRANCE - they were the banana people who wore Bananas and some belived the bananas in their ears made them into Yoda A Creature from Really-Immersive-but-Flat 3pp Old Entertainement, for so it was Before the End. And doing OK-DOK too at Christmas [.. editor's comment - don't understand this bit, probably a mistranslation.. ] And they Also played Minecraft.

And some common folk tried to attain the Nirvana they called it "the rezonable", for that was the name of a Ancient Religion gone out of fashion. So! They spoke at street corners shouting like "I'm sure we can work this out Moses and Mr Amplified Intelligence Circuits, and You Pleb Bambinubs [ ? ] - What We Like Might Be Right ! - and suppose that we do what we like? Be Like Us and everyone can choose what they want bestmost so no one has to leave the Game and go to play Wolfenstein instead"

But they got Walked On and no person wot what they were on ablut (sic) and they faded into the past like elves out of That Trilogy, and got jobs or.. whi knows.. now they are gone.. gone...all goone.. they are gon.. etc.. g-oo-ooo-ooo-nnn. gone... gone..g one..; gonne..
And fo' sure not one listen anywayz to Them fo' they wus Jus-Ijots. //

then did they-all all put on their VR pants-kit and VR socks and noseplugs and ALL did Log In for a mighty War which Lasteth forever, in many dimensions beyond Thought and Time and Space
and All Humanity has so done that no one is left .. they are Uploaded

And only I am left

And I alone look at the screen, and I see that it is Flat

xx
|end of fragment]

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 3

OK thee are "not your opinions" I understand - they are (lol) "facts"

Can you fit these "facts "is into games like - say - Minecraft and Chess....

so I can uderstand why the hell 1pp is more IMMERSIVE than 3pp..... 

In "FACT" 3pp is MORE IMMERSIVE than 1pp and always HAS been

an it is JUST exactly as fair...

and the HISTORY of the WORLD proves this, and ALL games prove this. And that's a Scientific Fact.

Why do you think the USArmy is flying DRONES instead of using human pilots ???  (because it's an exploit?  ...)

please choose the banana, folks

Soon there wont BE any "official" servers anyway :)

xx

I wasn't talking about Minecraft or chess, I was focusing specifically shooters, with a particular interest in DayZ.  Would you mind explaining to me what the word immersion means, and how exactly a camera perspective that places the camera outside the player's body could be construed as immersion?  While you are at it, please familiarize yourself with the concept of a straw man argument, and then compare that your having asked how 3pp makes chess and Minecraft exploitable.  They are completely different genres,.

As I understand it, immersion means to become completely enveloped by an experience, though some may regard it to mean a heightened level of interest or attention.  So the perspective in which the camera is literally immersed in the noggin of your avatar, can be regarded as irrefutably more immersive than the perspective where the camera is outside of the avatar.  This is the reasoning by which I have made a claim of fact, in labeling 1pp as being more immersive than 3pp.

Did you miss the part where I said 3pp was still fun, and that I play that too?  I'm just tired of people thinking that their personal preference somehow changes the reality of the situation. I like 3pp too, because it is easier, and I feel safer having that much more information about my surroundings. I feel that I was pretty clear in explaining that, by definition, 3pp is not as immersive as 1pp; and that by being exploitable, 3pp should not be the default setting, but rather an option for those who prefer a more casual experience..

If you are capable of forming a coherent response, with supporting evidence, I would be interested in seeing how either of my points can be logically refuted without resorting to straw-man and false equivocations.

That drone comment was good for a laugh.  I guess modern farmers are all dirty exploiters too, for using lasers to level their fields and eliminate cold spots...

Edit: just read that poetry bit.  Tell me now, Winston, what does two plus two equal?

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

[beginning of fragment]

I rymember - For I am old, but I rymember.. it was near and nigh to the End Time.. Aefore everyone put on VR helmets and and VR shorts and then VR Tanks, an did thy uploaded themselves [..illegible..] stopped having bodies, and BEHOLD they gave up sex and eating ('even eating biscuits or pizzas, they gave it up) bycause those things were not "immersyve" and MacDonalds and Girlfriends were not Immersiye Enowgh (did they laff, did they loll.. YES!)

... And that day it came to pass everyone vanished into an Great Minecraft Server and they were totally Ymmersed and the Future of Humanity was decided. They were Gone, and I only remain to tell the tale becuas oI (sic) never liked Minecraft that much And so - the earth is deserted, and where hymanity has gone the Log-In-Screen will not say....

And it began Suchly..

WOW hear! - the national and international Google-news on Y-Pad and the TV and the bars were full of "I am totally Holier than Thou" Moses-type freaks who had the Law OF God written in Stone from the mountain, and meanwhile the bad fans were dancing nude and smearing goo on their bodies and having an orgy around the Golden Calf which was called 3pp ( I mean 'verily dude" ) .

AND the rest of the the flat-screen-interenet (for so was it, tru-but hard to credit hu?) and VR TV was full of the Complicated Technical Explanation"

Beying those "TechExp" people who were NOT understood bycause they talked like Advanced Artificial Intelligence, and wrote like Webcrawler made-up pages. And thy said "Even a brain plug is not Really Immersive even in 5pp, AND we heard you giggling on TS3 so you were not immersed when you shot that guy." (did they rolf, did they lmao.. YES!)

Saying"We are talking sense but you are too DUMB to understand it, Moses, you are a religious fanatic and never studied "Fandom Interaction Factorization seen as Virtual Competivity In Human Sporting Events in a Pseudo-Simplistic Artificial Nexus" They said thys and WaxEd Wroth and gott pissed off, tehm too also. Because god had turned away his face from therm and put his VR goggles on. And they played 3pp and BEHOLD they were Immersed!

And Moses spoke and said "Go ***  ******* ***** ****** ** "

[translator: hard to understand, it might mean "you play for fun so vanish into part of your anatomy"  ? ]

And SOME folk danced in a hypnotic TRANCE - they were the banana people who wore Bananas and some belived the bananas in their ears made them into Yoda A Creature from Really-Immersive-but-Flat 3pp Old Entertainement, for so it was Before the End. And doing OK-DOK too at Christmas [.. editor's comment - don't understand this bit, probably a mistranslation.. ] And they Also played Minecraft.

And some common folk tried to attain the Nirvana they called it "the rezonable", for that was the name of a Ancient Religion gone out of fashion. So! They spoke at street corners shouting like "I'm sure we can work this out Moses and Mr Amplified Intelligence Circuits, and You Pleb Bambinubs [ ? ] - What We Like Might Be Right ! - and suppose that we do what we like? Be Like Us and everyone can choose what they want bestmost so no one has to leave the Game and go to play Wolfenstein instead"

But they got Walked On and no person wot what they were on ablut (sic) and they faded into the past like elves out of That Trilogy, and got jobs or.. whi knows.. now they are gone.. gone...all goone.. they are gon.. etc.. g-oo-ooo-ooo-nnn. gone... gone..g one..; gonne..

And fo' sure not one listen anywayz to Them fo' they wus Jus-Ijots. //

then did they-all all put on their VR pants-kit and VR socks and noseplugs and ALL did Log In for a mighty War which Lasteth forever, in many dimensions beyond Thought and Time and Space

and All Humanity has so done that no one is left .. they are Uploaded

And only I am left

And I alone look at the screen, and I see that it is Flat

xx

|end of fragment]

WTF dude?

...on a bit of rock you said? o.O

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

It's funny that both polls have a big "majority" for 1pp even though server stats show otherwise.

I find 3pp disorienting and disconnected, 5:4, 16:9, etc 1pp is lacking in peripheral vision so I play at 16:3 1pp and will never go back.

As I understand it, immersion means to become completely enveloped by an experience, though some may regard it to mean a heightened level of interest or attention.  So the perspective in which the camera is literally immersed in the noggin of your avatar, can be regarded as irrefutably more immersive than the perspective where the camera is outside of the avatar.  This is the reasoning by which I have made a claim of fact, in labeling 1pp as being more immersive than 3pp.

Getting rid of 3pp servers all together wont make the game anymore or less immersive though. Not until the weather becomes more dynamic to where you can almost literally relate cold and hot to your own human body and your character can do almost everything a normal person can do in real life physically.

It really wont change how ppl pvp ether to be honest or hackers for that matter.

Also the hud for FPS is no more realistic than any other generic shooter at the moment. Most ppl in REAL LIFE that see in FPS mode will still see bits of there nose and other various body parts at work such as hands for typing and doing other chores as well as being able to see a fair amount of chest area without having to move the mouse up and down in a primitive fashion just by moving the eyes without tilting the head. The game has a long long ways to go if you want it to be an immersive virtual simulator.

And i know some of the other Suvival games like The Long Dark are FPS only however they have the struggling elements and hostile wildlife nailed down to where it feels immersive no matter what your doing. Even if I play on FPS mode only servers for Dayz i still feel much safer than I should.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

It's funny that both polls have a big "majority" for 1pp even though server stats show otherwise.

I find 3pp disorienting and disconnected, 5:4, 16:9, etc 1pp is lacking in peripheral vision so I play at 16:3 1pp and will never go back.

Probably because allot of ppl are to busy playing the game or just don't give a fuck about these kinds of polls to begin with. But its evident you see less ppl on FPS. I play on both and i would like the option to keep both around. It just depends on what mood im in to dictate what kind of server i would like to play on. And since the survival element is greatly lacking still i see no real difference in FPS or 3PP atm.

• Like 1

Probably because allot of ppl are to busy playing the game or just don't give a fuck about these kinds of polls to begin with. But its evident you see less ppl on FPS. I play on both and i would like the option to keep both around. It just depends on what mood im in to dictate what kind of server i would like to play on. And since the survival element is greatly lacking still i see no real difference in FPS or 3PP atm.

I know you do sweetie as you've mentioned it numerous times at great lengths.

I'm a simulator fan and have my own take (preferences) on things and love ramming my opinions down peoples throats in general.

I totally agree about the current lack of survival elements though, hence my shitposting in worthless threads like this instead of playing.

That and internet polls are stupid and only good for trolling zealots.  

• Like 3

Getting rid of 3pp servers all together wont make the game anymore or less immersive though. Not until the weather becomes more dynamic to where you can almost literally relate cold and hot to your own human body and your character can do almost everything a normal person can do in real life physically.

It really wont change how ppl pvp ether to be honest or hackers for that matter.

Also the hud for FPS is no more realistic than any other generic shooter at the moment. Most ppl in REAL LIFE that see in FPS mode will still see bits of there nose and other various body parts at work such as hands for typing and doing other chores as well as being able to see a fair amount of chest area without having to move the mouse up and down in a primitive fashion just by moving the eyes without tilting the head. The game has a long long ways to go if you want it to be an immersive virtual simulator.

And i know some of the other Suvival games like The Long Dark are FPS only however they have the struggling elements and hostile wildlife nailed down to where it feels immersive no matter what your doing. Even if I play on FPS mode only servers for Dayz i still feel much safer than I should.

I get that there is a long ways to go with making gaming experiences more immersive.  For instance, stereoscopic displays would allow the rendering of an avatar's noses, without it feeling scabbed onto the experience.  I cannot see my chest without tilting my head down, though that is beside the point.

I was only arguing that 3pp is exploitable, and less immersive than 1pp, and that for those reasons, I think 1pp would be a better baseline, or "default" setting.  People come on here talking like the perspectives are intrinsically equal, when they are verifiably not.  This thread is about whether 1pp should be the default for official, public servers; I said yes, and explained my reasoning.

I'm along the lines of how more people might prefer a delivered pepperoni pizza, over homemade stir-fry chicken with fresh vegetables; but that doesn't change the fact that one of those dishes is intrinsically more nutritious, and has more natural and complex flavors.  I'm not telling people they can't have pizza, I'm just saying that pizza isn't very nutritious, and probably should not be the cornerstone of their dining habits.  Some people eat tons of pizza, and they are happy to do so, with no apparent health issues; but if they try to tell me that is is good for them, I'm gonna call bullshit.

Here's something i found in a Czech cave:

14eanup.jpg

This cave painting features a long extinct tribe, similar to the neanderthals, using their signature hunting technique.

Edited by B4GEL
  • Like 5

I'm along the lines of how more people might prefer a delivered pepperoni pizza, over homemade stir-fry chicken with fresh vegetables; but that doesn't change the fact that one of those dishes is intrinsically more nutritious, and has more natural and complex flavors.  I'm not telling people they can't have pizza, I'm just saying that pizza isn't very nutritious, and probably should not be the cornerstone of their dining habits.  Some people eat tons of pizza, and they are happy to do so, with no apparent health issues; but if they try to tell me that is is good for them, I'm gonna call bullshit.

You just reminded me i need to order a pizza lol.

• Like 1

Here's something i found in a Czech cave:

14eanup.jpg

This cave painting features a long extinct tribe, similar to the neanderthals, using their signature hunting technique.

Are you sure this wasn't drawn by you? XD

• Like 1

Hey dudes..

Lets all go over to the Minecraft forum and have this argument about 2-door and 4-door over there - oops sorry, I mean about 1-PP and c3-p0

The Ghillie dudes are all gonna go nuts if they can't take photos of themselves.

xx
love ya all

Are you sure this wasn't drawn by you? XD

Nah, it's legit I can tell by the pixels.

• Like 2

To be honest

The Ghillie dudes are all gonna go nuts if they can't take photos of themselves.

Actually, if there is one solid argument supporting 3pp it is this. Content creators would lose a major feature and that might cost the game fans through exposure in the long-run. But perhaps they could mitigate that with a recorder like Halo used to have where we had unilateral camera positioning.... but that won't happen...

WTF dude?

...on a bit of rock you said? o.O

yeah the rock was flat and had pages in it :

The writing was all -  flat and 2d, dificult to describe, is that 2dd or p2d or pp2? - or what you call it ?

For some reason I get the most IMMERSION out of reading this flat 2d stuff.. emuthreat explains it's impossible I must be really sick

he talks like an AI he's fun to read - it's like getting sick from eating pizzas I'm getting immersion from the wrong stuff

But still fighting it - I'm not getting sucked into Minecraft because everyone in there got Total Immersion and they

didn't come back. I think some of my friends got 2pp Immersion in there, and some got 1pp or 3pp Immersion but no one came back anyway.

DayZ would be more realistic if when you got killed - You Are Dead - and you can not play again ever.

xx

yo B4GEL I like the cave painting of the guy holding a banana  is that you bro?

Edited by pilgrim

@Hicks_206

"The thought has crossed my mind to make the Official DayZ servers all 1PP - leave the community the option to run theirs 3PP if they want" ~Brian Hicks

You like?

(Update)

Consider this:

he also said it would never happen

yo B4GEL I like the cave painting of the guy holding a banana  is that you bro?

No, i wasn't around in those days and my ancestors never learned the way of the third eye because the spirit father said using the pineal gland while hunting was for casuals.

P.S. It's more likely to be a kind of squash or marrow, bananas weren't readily available in that part of the world at that time.  

Edited by B4GEL
  • Like 4

To be honest

Actually, if there is one solid argument supporting 3pp it is this. Content creators would lose a major feature and that might cost the game fans through exposure in the long-run. But perhaps they could mitigate that with a recorder like Halo used to have where we had unilateral camera positioning.... but that won't happen...

Making external screenshot feature solves part of this.

If not seeing your character (it's not a "toon", I despise this Warcraft term on multiple levels) is a deal breaker I dare say that Vanilla DayZ is not the game for them.

I don't think any of this really matters because I firmly believe that once we are nearing feature complete the new "rules" of Vanilla DayZ will drive away many of these same people who came to CoD.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Making external screenshot feature solves part of this.

If not seeing your character (it's not a "toon", I despise this Warcraft term on multiple levels) is a deal breaker I dare say that Vanilla DayZ is not the game for them.

I don't think any of this really matters because I firmly believe that once we are nearing feature complete the new "rules" of Vanilla DayZ will drive away many of these same people who came to CoD.

I hate toon as well, sounds like something to do with Bugs Bunny. 

I agree with you though, there will definitely be a shift in the player base by the time the final game comes out. But it might be nice for BI to think of content creators in this (and other ways for motion picture capture) as they are a great part of the community, in many ways quite important like modders.

But I agree. it isn't enough to sacrifice the DayZ experience, any good content creator will be able to overcome such hurdles.

PRAISE BE TO 1PP!!!! LET ALL WHO APPOSE BURN IN A LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE. FOR HE WHO IS NOT ONE SHALL FOREVER BE CONDEMNED AND TORTURED!

Fuck guys give the whole thing a rest. Some of you sound worse than a service quire condemning ppl for not believing in a certain religion because everything else is just bad.

Oh jeez, give the sarcastic talk a rest.....

If you have no constructive input on the subject then don't reply to this thread.

You sound more butt-hurt/like a kid the further this thread goes