Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Spawning with something to suicide with

Why cant we? Lets make DayZ simpler and less annoying!

You aren't supposed to suicide, ya dingus.

I really hate the "spawn, dislike spawn, jump off building" thing we have, and would be perfectly comfortable with it being removed.

ProtiP; you can run across the entire map in under half an hour. If half an hour is too long for you, you probably shouldn't be playing. Deal with your spawn and survive.

Hell, play the game the way it was "meant" to be played. Does the word "antigame" mean anything anymore?

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 11

Hello there

DAYZ is supposed to be *hard*

Suiciding etc because one does not like their spawn etc should not be an easy option.

DAYZ was never meant to be "simple". Games like H1Z1 cater for that audience.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I hope they add a timeout multiplier for every suicide. So first suicide you get the standard 1 Minute like when you change servers. 2nd within 15 minutes of first gets you a 5 minute timer getting back in. 3rd and all additional suicides within 15 minutes of the last get the full 15 minute timer before login. I see this kind of plan as the only way to wipe out people like the OP and make sure DayZ doesn't attract the CoD crowd for another reason. Even under this system people could still persuade others to kill them for quicker respawns but at least it would slow things down a lot.

Edited by KenoSkir88
  • Like 1

You already have something - it's called gravity.

The longer I play the game, the more I enjoy the challenge of it, and the less inclined to seek 'convenience'.

I think the constant suicides and respawns to meet up with your buddies without making an effort used to slow down the servers on the long run. Not sure if that is still the same in the standalone.

From how I remember you can suicide with a stone knife, can't you? That literally take a minute to find a stone and craft. I'm not sure, though, because I don't suicide in the game either. I die enough in DayZ as it is :P

Edited by S3V3N

*snip*

From how I remember you can suicide with a stone knife, can't you? That literally take a minute to find a stone and craft. I'm not sure, though, because I don't suicide in the game either. I die enough in DayZ as it is :P

Not last time I checked, I don't or let my 16 year old son do it and we just play our spawn for better or worse but I let my 10 year olds sometimes because they get less time to play among other attention span related reasons.

Drowning is hit or miss too. 

Not last time I checked, I don't or let my 16 year old son do it and we just play our spawn for better or worse but I let my 10 year olds sometimes because they get less time to play among other attention span related reasons.

Well, I think we've all mostly forgot about it by now, but there WILL be zombies in the game :) So suicide won't really be hard to achieve, unless you spawn very unluckily. I thought F12 or something is the suicide button. Does that only work with guns then?

Well, I think we've all mostly forgot about it by now, but there WILL be zombies in the game :) So suicide won't really be hard to achieve, unless you spawn very unluckily. I thought F12 or something is the suicide button. Does that only work with guns then?

You can do it with knives and other such pointy objects last time I checked. I'm not too sure about the improvised knife, though.

Edited by Kirby12352

It's not a bad idea, since there are no random spawn points yet. With random spawns you will have a risk of spawning in the middle of the forest, no clue where you are and no nearby buildings or zombies to kill yourself.

Tbh, on full servers I'd rather spawn in the middle of the field than next to Electro, where everything is looted, all around the city are bambi snipers and few alive survivors are busy punching anything that moves.

They removed it from the improvised knife which I think was a stupid move.  I mean, generally its nearly as quick or quicker to find something to jump off than roll the dice on finding stones any ways.  And it doesn't make sense that you can kill yourself with a pen but not a stone knife.

There's a variety of other melee weapons you still can't suicide with either that you really should, like even the axe I believe.  Or a pointy stick for that matter.

Drowning is such a huge mess but hopefully it is actually consistent at some point.

I don't think you should spawn with something, but there's no reason the stone knife shouldn't work.  In fact, that's one of the only design decisions I can think of in terms of items that seems to have been done strictly for "balance" and really ruins the realism factor and goes against the spirit of the game.

I hope they add a timeout multiplier for every suicide. So first suicide you get the standard 1 Minute like when you change servers. 2nd within 15 minutes of first gets you a 5 minute timer getting back in. 3rd and all additional suicides within 15 minutes of the last get the full 15 minute timer before login. I see this kind of plan as the only way to wipe out people like the OP and make sure DayZ doesn't attract the CoD crowd for another reason. Even under this system people could still persuade others to kill them for quicker respawns but at least it would slow things down a lot.

How about - first time you suicide you get a marker on the hive, then if you suicide again in the next 24 hours you respawn at the same spawn point?

In real life any kind of attempted suicide is kind of "hit or miss" dont ya think ?  IMO it's a chancy business.

I avoid it.

:)

Edited by pilgrim

*snip*

In real life any kind of attempted suicide is kind of "hit or miss" dont ya think ?  IMO it's a chancy business.

I avoid it.

Most IRL attempted suicides are a cry for help and planned not to succeed, shotgun mouthwash or the proper dead drop hanging yourself have a pretty much 100% success rate.

• Like 1

^ Yeah was gonna say similar. Kurt Cobain was not crying for help, he was smearing his brain across the wall like a badass. "Full-Power-24Hour-Noshit-Noshower" as they used to scream in Thailand when last i was there ;).

• Like 2

Most IRL attempted suicides are a cry for help and planned not to succeed, shotgun mouthwash or the proper dead drop hanging yourself have a pretty much 100% success rate.

^ Yeah was gonna say similar. Kurt Cobain was not crying for help, he was smearing his brain across the wall like a badass. "Full-Power-24Hour-Noshit-Noshower" as they used to scream in Thailand when last i was there ;).

Hope you don't mind but really personally I'd rather avoid suicide, in game or out of game. I'd give anyone the same advice.

Everyone's going to die anyway, right?  (I mean - in the Game)

It's just the way I am. No offence and go right ahead, do what you feel. :)

i agree it was a bummer for Cobain to have sold 75 million albums, lived under all that pressure, and been able to afford all that heroin.

Wikipedia says he "had difficulty coping with his fame and public image" and thought "his artistic message was misinterpreted by the public".

What would he think about the public misinterpreting his suicide as really cool and badass? (guess we'll never know)

Still - in DayZ I think IMO being shot, eaten by zombies, or falling off a roof - is and should be, easier than suicide. Suicide in a survival FPS should mean you really can't make it anymore.

ATM it just means you want to go meet up with your mates faster - it's a kind of teleport.

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Hope you don't mind but really personally I'd rather avoid suicide, in game or out of game. I'd give anyone the same advice.

Everyone's going to die anyway, right?  (I mean - in the Game)

It's just the way I am. No offence and go right ahead, do what you feel. :)

i agree it was a bummer for Cobain to have sold 75 million albums, lived under all that pressure, and been able to afford all that heroin.

Wikipedia says he "had difficulty coping with his fame and public image" and thought "his artistic message was misinterpreted by the public".

What would he think about the public misinterpreting his suicide as really cool and badass? (guess we'll never know)

Still - in DayZ I think IMO being shot, eaten by zombies, or falling off a roof - is and should be, easier than suicide. Suicide in a survival FPS should mean you really can't make it anymore.

ATM it just means you want to go meet up with your mates faster - it's a kind of teleport.

xx

I agree man, especially the part about Kurt :)

That said the game has suicide functionality built in, with animations and everything. It's a bit of an ambivalent situation considering suicide is a deliberate feature, yet discouraged in certain situations. I have been known to jump off a crane or two when my friends lives may depend on it, however i also try to avoid it if it's just my fun on the line. Guess I've not much of a leg to stand on discussing the topic ;) I won't go as far as to outline the "other" suicide method, since i hope it gets patched out real soon.

Edited by KenoSkir88
  • Like 2