Sign in to follow this  
HardCoreGamer44

RPG Comeing To DayZ

Thermobaric.  ;)

And those are possible kill radii, not consistent. Shrapnel could kill you at 130m, but not everyone within 130m of an HE frag round will die. The TBG-7V would likely be more consistent with its kill radius though. But who would want to carry around a bunch of those suckers?

Thought that looked funny but my proof reading suffered because I had on 10 year old showing me lego and another showing me a drawing, Multitasking is not my strong suit.

The TBG-7V is the round I'd love for hoard/squad busting but at 10lbs per one or two and and the same for junior if he was with me.

Read a bit more about them last night and I accidentally made a thermobaric bomb as a teenager with black powder pipe bomb in a sandwich bag of finely ground magnesium and smokeless powder. Was trying to make a big bright flash and the shockwave I got was a quite unexpected, glad I set it off electrically.   

Very rare in this game ends up meaning very little. M4's are supposed to be rare nowadays and, yet, everyone and their mother has one.

I wish they would focus on other art assets rather than continuing to add military weapons. This is slowly becoming more and more like an ARMA mod again.

M4s aren't rare this patch.  SVDs are a better example, they are pretty rare and you don't encounter them all that often.  If RPGs were even as rare as SVDs are currently it would be fine.

In the mod, the rocket launchers were incredibly rare.  I think I only ever found 1 or 2 in all my time playing, and was never on the receiving end of one.

Duping aside, they can very well make things rare.  Their CLE has even more potential for that than the mod did, since it can limit the amount globally.

I personally hope they're not all that rare, but have a big drawback.  Like taking up the backpack slot.

Edited by Bororm

ya the actual game is in a pretty sucky rut right now. They have set the officers tents to "attract children" mode to keep up interest and NO ONE is driving trucks just hiding them. 

But presumably those things are deliberate by the devs.

As to the RPG 7, its utility depends on the utility of vehicles. If vehicles actually start to be used in the game by clans instead of simply being hidden then a means to raise the risk of putting 8 guys in a truck for a raid is a good idea.

I was driving a truck until I rolled it LOL - didn't know they did that and a high speed hard right turn and over it went.

Artists do what they like to do so I can understand that they made the RPG, even though it doesn't fit too well with the gameplay. The RPG is like M107 in the mod except it's even more cumbersome and less "bullets" so there are very few cases where you can use it. Keeping it with you already takes so much effort that it could be better not to have it. But it's cool and badass and the moment you hear and see someone firing RPG, it's serious then.

I've hard time to think any PvE event where RPG would be usable. Anti-personnel round could kill maybe 5-10 packed zombies. It's kind of a satchel or grenade you can just shoot.

Umm... Fire into building full of bad guys: profit. Fire at truck driving by: profit.

Fire at freshspawn running down street: hilarity.

Not hard to imagine militaristic groups carrying this kind of firepower in a scenario like dayz. I would be more worried about grenade launchers being "over powered" than the RPG. It's a niche weapon with lots of drawbacks. Calm down.

Holy shit. The SVD is a mosin nagant with semi auto fire and a long range scope. It's OP isn't it? No, you VERY rarely find one. What makes you think the RPG will be more common than sonething like an SVD? Besides that, taking out cars and choppers is much easier.

Stop being so butthurt because if you think getting an RPG and ammo is going to be easy you're on the wrong way.

What's fun about DayZ if there won't be super rare loot that only by holding them or having them in your stash you will fear losing it. And hey, if you actually choose to waste your rocket on a random fully geared player, fuck it. You deserve it, this RPG was way hard to find and you deserve to do dafuq you want to do with it.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy
  • Like 1

Anyone that ever played STALKER shadows of chernobyl would understand that the RPG is going to be the single most useless item in the game.  It weighs like 25kg with two rounds, takes forver to load, has a large splash and an unpredictable flight path.  It is essentially cheap trash for cheap trash to fire at cheap trash to make more cheap trash.

Everyone's going to end up in shrapnel, nobody's going to have a good time, leave it and burn it.

But seriously, short of duping, clan hoarding or lootsplosions there's very little chance you're going to find one and probably less chance you're going to receive a round.  And if you DO get put down by one, you're either clustering like fools, holed up somewhere waiting for death, or will most likely never see another come your way again.