Sign in to follow this  
atempleton

Finding Tents in 0.58

Been playing Day Z since Alpha first came out, however, I have not been able to find any tents since the recent patch. So,where do I go to find the various tents if I may ask? I've been building a base but currently it's only 3 oil barrels. :(

• Like 1

Apartment complexes typically spawn them the most frequently.  I know they spawn on the roof, but I've heard others say they spawn inside as well.

I have 3 oil barrels too. Check out the apartment complexes and you may find what you seek.

qabtzJ3.jpg

Edited by Fightn Irish
  • Like 1

Apartment complexes typically spawn them the most frequently.  I know they spawn on the roof, but I've heard others say they spawn inside as well.

Yep, inside and on the roof.

Yep, inside and on the roof.

Indeed, found one just last night in the top floor corner of an apt building.

Found one on the upper part of Berezino in the middle of the road in the center (near the tank) and found 2 tents in a apartament blocks in the upper part of Berezino. Upper part is near the construction sites. GL with ur tents mates. ;)

Edited by SunshineBob

What are the risks of encountering the falling-through-the-floor bug in those apartment blocks btw?

I've been up and down the short tenements dozens of times now (since exp it's been the only place to find tents) and I've yet to experience any falling glitch.  

Keep in mind I've only been in the small tenement buildings (5-6 floors) and I haven't spent much time in the tall ones

Okay, I've been looking for tents like about 20 minutes in these. Now listen VERY carefully. Whatever you do... DON'T fucking go to a balcony and through something... Just don't. I did it in Dubky and died with and M4A1. Very very very luckily I spawned in Cherno after 1 respawn try and took my gear back. Infact I haven't spawned in Cherno like since .50 or smth so I don't know how lucky I was to spawn in Cherno just when I fell from 5 floors.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

How rare are the larger tents? I've found plenty of the small ones on apartment roofs but I haven't seen any car or military tents.

How rare are the larger tents? I've found plenty of the small ones on apartment roofs but I haven't seen any car or military tents.

I don't know if this makes me lucky or unlucky, but seen two in 700 hours, and one of them in a server which wipes tents.

As far as finding tents in the open (ie other people's bases) is there a setting I can change so I can see them further out? In the mod, I could stand on a side of a valley with binoculars and look across and sometimes spot a tent. Now, even if I could see the tent, it doesnt render on my screen until Im much closer. It does not render one second then when I get close enough, it just pops into view. I've adjusted video settings but cant get it to show up further out.

As far as finding tents in the open (ie other people's bases) is there a setting I can change so I can see them further out? In the mod, I could stand on a side of a valley with binoculars and look across and sometimes spot a tent. Now, even if I could see the tent, it doesnt render on my screen until Im much closer. It does not render one second then when I get close enough, it just pops into view. I've adjusted video settings but cant get it to show up further out.

I think they render at 200m regardless of your ingame settings

I think they render at 200m regardless of your ingame settings

O rly... is that a bug/something they intend to change? If I am scouting for a camp, doesnt make sense it could be in the middle of a field if I was 201m away and not see it. Vehicles you can see from very far out.

O rly... is that a bug/something they intend to change? If I am scouting for a camp, doesnt make sense it could be in the middle of a field if I was 201m away and not see it. Vehicles you can see from very far out.

I don't know if it was a bug or just something they were testing.  

Maybe they'll change it to something more appropriate but I suspect they won't even bother until the new renderer is in.  

It's just not a big one on the priority list.

I find countless amounts of tents in the apartments on the west side of novo, found 5(including a military tent) in two buildings side by side the other day. And that was on a private server.

As for finding camps I seem to stumble across them multiple times a day, sometimes theres nothing but a can of beans and sometimes you hit the jackpot. Just keep your head on a swivel while traveling, works for me.

What are the risks of encountering the falling-through-the-floor bug in those apartment blocks btw?

Happened to me once today. Didn't kill me though