yimmasabi

Changelog Stable - 0.58129488 - 4.2MB Patch Notes

Thanks mate I got a good laugh be reading this forum. What do you think complaining even does? Will it bring your loot back?

So, um, those of us who have paid for and been playing this game for 18 months have no  right to reply?

I warn you BI, if/when I detect your PR firms playing here, like the sorry post above, I will play it up.

How would things be different if they told you prior to the wipe?  You stuff is still gone.

You'd feel better about it somehow?

I would have picked up my hunting backpack, truck battery, glow plug, protector cases, and my extra AK mags.

It would have given me notice (and perhaps half the p(l)ayerbase) to sort our stuff out. Seeing as you've had some kind of pathetic relapse, we've had warnings of persistence wipes countless times. Not this time. Because Brian and Eugen cocked it up.

So far I've had 'you were warned'. Nope

And we've had 'don't get attached to your gear!' Snore...even though those who say it were laughing at the same 24 hours ago.

Oh and then 'they've apologised'. Nope.

Come on, we all love the game, but this was a fuckup. It doesn't take much to admit it, but you can't even do that....

Jeeze guy, relax a little.  No need to call me pathetic, I asked you a simple question.   I haven't relapsed anything.  You're having a coronary over a videogame, time for some perspective in life perhaps?

Would you feel better if I admitted they made a mistake?  They are human you know.   Here you go:  They made a mistake.  Now have some warm milk and mommy will read you a bedtime story soon.

I would have picked up my hunting backpack, truck battery, glow plug, protector cases, and my extra AK mags.

Oh, characters we're wiped too?

just pretend someone found your camp and raided it, and keep playing

jeez... if anything this makes me happy, i actually like collecting gear more than having a shitton of it at my stash

• Like 1

Oh, characters we're wiped too?

Nope, I kept my AK, lost all the other shit, including the AUG I was running to pick up. Only really miss the hunting pack, as I have basically replaced everything else and then some in 5 hours today.

Truth is, that I signed up for twitter thinking I would be privy to all the latest developer news; including warnings of persistence wipes and such. Sadly it was not the case.

I have read so many threads where people whinge about wipes and bugs causing gear loss and I can't believe I'm now saying it too: It's an alpha build. I mean - EVERY TIME the game starts up there is a comprehensive and polite message explaining the situation. The devs already make more allowance for players than they have are obliged to. Some people will never be happy though. If they gave warning of a wipe, it wouldn't be enough warning, or it would be unnecessary blah blah. 

Yes - you paid for it. But nobody held a gun to your head and forced you too. In fact - the terms were clearly explained. And people want them to apologise for a wipe? If i were a dev reading this thread I don't know if I'd be laughing or crying. 

Just grow up and gear up!!! And then kill me because I've lost my three barrels of guns and stuff. 

• Like 1

Where was the warning? And where is the apology?

As I've said, if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Let me help you with that one Mookie...

WARNING:

9PlTMbk.jpg

"Apology":

Boom. And in reference to your dismissal of the "alpha" argument: Land mine posters aren't placed in fields for shits and giggles, neither are Alpha warnings.

EDIT: if twitter post isnt showing under "apology" go to Twitter.com/eugenharton and scroll down to his 3rd most recent tweet from a couple days ago saying something about persistence needing a wipe and couldn't be avoided.

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

I have read so many threads where people whinge about wipes and bugs causing gear loss and I can't believe I'm now saying it too: It's an alpha build. I mean - EVERY TIME the game starts up there is a comprehensive and polite message explaining the situation. The devs already make more allowance for players than they have are obliged to. Some people will never be happy though. If they gave warning of a wipe, it wouldn't be enough warning, or it would be unnecessary blah blah. 

Yes - you paid for it. But nobody held a gun to your head and forced you too. In fact - the terms were clearly explained. And people want them to apologise for a wipe? If i were a dev reading this thread I don't know if I'd be laughing or crying. 

Just grow up and gear up!!! And then kill me because I've lost my three barrels of guns and stuff. 

I still think early access should be forbidden, simply because people can't handle it.

Please stop calling Dayz Standalone a "game", it is a pre-game, where nothing can be considered finsihed. We are experiencing the building blocks of a game, we are in the "hey let's add cool stuff" phase and the devs are STILL trying to appease the jackwagons with fixes. Somehow, we have come to the idea that we are entitled to anything more than a proof of concept build. We paid to be guinea pigs and yet, we still come off as spoiled little pricks like we deserve better.

You're telling me how to play this game now Dags? Great work man, Sadly we loners can't farm like you.

Server hopping > yield than multiple players looting on same server. Private servers are where the real scarcity lies. At least in the last iteration of CLE

As far as I can make out, all persistent items on stable have been wiped, with zero notice. I can't tell for sure until I get home, but if you had a stash/barrels/tents/truck on stable, it's gone.

I'd be very happy to be wrong about this.

i just made a thread about this and people said no. obviously raided.

but now this.. yeah I think they wiped... =/

I still think early access should be forbidden, simply because people can't handle it.

right, like buying violent games before the age of 18 should be forbidden...

if people want to be dumb , they will find a way, no matter how or if you make it illegal