yimmasabi

Changelog Stable - 0.58129488 - 4.2MB Patch Notes

"The team is preparing for a small Stable branch update - addressing connection issues at player camps and weapons not despawning"

- Fixes addressing connection issues at player camps and weapons not despawning

Also i heard all servers will be persistence

What is new here more anyone knows ?

Edited by yimmasabi

As far as I can make out, all persistent items on stable have been wiped, with zero notice. I can't tell for sure until I get home, but if you had a stash/barrels/tents/truck on stable, it's gone.

I'd be very happy to be wrong about this.

• Like 1

I just checked, everything that should be persistent around my place (my camp, not my camp and a lot of stuff I dumped) is gone. :(

Yes, they wiped all world items on persistant server. 

Some are stating that they needed notice, I think that this was covered when they signed up and bought into the testing phase of a non-released game.

For those of you who are complaining, stop playing Dayz as if it is a released game, it is a work in progress and you need to plan to lose you stuff in the name of development. Your sniper rifles and your gorka helmets do not matter in the least when it comes to fixing issues.

Here is how I think about the situation: I plan on there being a hotfix ever night that will wipe my infomration and I will have to start over from scratch. EVERY NIGHT. This way, when I boot into Dayz, and all of my stuff is there, it means I won, not them. If I wake up and I am a noob somewhere on the coast, then oh well, I hope it was a fix that may get the game out of alpha sooner.

• Like 3

There's really not much to say. As advertised, it is a small patch to address performance issues (i.e. lag when right-clicking on something) when in the vicinity of a camp along with changes to how quickly some items despawn when left untouched after being dropped by a player.

• Like 2

To those like Mr Korn who say notice unneeded, Alpha, blah, I say this isn't about Alpha - it's about straightforward customer consideration. On your logic, what would the point be of BI ever giving us wipe warnings?

They could have held the update until Wednesday when they realised. Nothing to do with Alpha.

Can confirm that guns are not persistent after 1hr+, neither are backpacks. Only reliable storage is Barrels and Tents.

Edited by Tactical Nuke

This was already announced a while ago. 

If you didn't know, there was  a problem/bug with camps, no matter the size, that caused lost connection for some, major lag and item interactions problems. 

We were waiting for a fix, with an announced wipe when the fix would hit, without warning. In other words, that was the warning.

We had the hotfix hit experimental Friday for a weekend of testing, that we done, and the fix worked. So, like they said, they applied it as soon as possible.

It's your choice to take the game as a finished product with all it's feature, but in reality it really isn't and we'll have multiple wipes, both on persistence and characters until the game is finished. Some will be announced, others will come without any warnings.

• Like 6

This was already announced a while ago. 

Where? If I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it, but pics please, etc.

BI's community communications has gone to the dogs. There are a buttload of basic things they didn't tell us about 0.58 (though I was, briefly a fan of it) and they certainly didn't tell us persistence would be wiped today.

For the next 24 hours, good job getting on a clan server, as they re-farm, re-gear, re-kick. The lone wolves will pay the price, as BI hide behind the alpha fanboys (whose post count, I note, is suspiciously low).

Edited by Mookie

BI's community communications has gone to the dogs. There are a buttload of basic things they didn't tell us about 0.58 (though I was, briefly a fan of it) and they didn't tell us this.

I found it here:

http://www.dayztv.com/dev/timeline/

Still, the main reason I don't look into official communications is that they say far from enough. It's like with change logs, painfully minimalistic in my opinion. Do you know that they fixed 'cannabis buds cooking states'? I have no idea what this means. I'd also love to read more about planned base building and all I found out is it's gonna be there in Q4. CLE and persistence also call for some more detailed explanations, IMHO.

I found it here:

http://www.dayztv.com/dev/timeline/

Still, the main reason I don't look into official communications is that they say far from enough. It's like with change logs, painfully minimalistic in my opinion. Do you know that they fixed 'cannabis buds cooking states'? I have no idea what this means. I'd also love to read more about planned base building and all I found out is it's gonna be there in Q4. CLE and persistence also call for some more detailed explanations, IMHO.

Er, when was that added? This afternoon by any chance?

This was a shitty thing to do. Don't be an apologist for it pls.

Er, when was that added? This afternoon by any chance?

This was a shitty thing to do. Don't be an apologist for it pls.

Well, I'm not saying I'm not frustrated. Some people can play like there's no tomorrow but my toon has plans. So yeah, I feel for your loss with that stash you mentioned. ;)

BI's community communications has gone to the dogs. There are a buttload of basic things they didn't tell us about 0.58 (though I was, briefly a fan of it) and they certainly didn't tell us persistence would be wiped today.

For the next 24 hours, good job getting on a clan server, as they re-farm, re-gear, re-kick. The lone wolves will pay the price, as BI hide behind the alpha fanboys (whose post count, I note, is suspiciously low).

This was announced  a while ago when they said they were working on a fix for the big camps. It's in one of the 240+ pages of the experimental branch thread, and no, I'm not gonna do the search for you, nice try.

During all the time of 0.58 experimental and even after 0.58 hit stable, the main exp thread stayed open and we continued testing it out. Last Friday, when they opened up 0.58 experimental hot-fix servers, the activity on the thread climbed again, and we knew the wipe was coming as soon as the hotfix would hit stable. 

Edit: Don't get attached to your gear, as you'll be grieving continuously, but I think you know this as you seem pretty sad and frustrated from your loss. Sorry dude.

Edited by Odin Lowe

This was announced  a while ago when they said they were working on a fix for the big camps. It's in one of the 240+ pages of the experimental branch thread, and no, I'm not gonna do the search for you, nice try.

During all the time of 0.58 experimental and even after 0.58 hit stable, the main exp thread stayed open and we continued testing it out. Last Friday, when they opened up 0.58 experimental hot-fix servers, the activity on the thread climbed again, and we knew the wipe was coming as soon as the hotfix would hit stable. 

Edit: Don't get attached to your gear, as you'll be grieving continuously, but I think you know this as you seem pretty sad and frustrated from your loss. Sorry dude.

Oh come on Odin, you're a good contributor here, but...'don't get attached to your gear'? Really?

I see no evidence of a notice for a persistence wipe, and you have not provided one. 'We...knew' is BS.

It was a crappy thing to do. If Eugen or Brian had any courtesy, they'd apologise.

I test theories all the time in my job - slightly more important ones than this. And if I didn't warn people about the effects of what I was doing in advance, I'd be in a shit-ton of trouble.

To those like Mr Korn who say notice unneeded, Alpha, blah, I say this isn't about Alpha - it's about straightforward customer consideration. On your logic, what would the point be of BI ever giving us wipe warnings?

They could have held the update until Wednesday when they realised. Nothing to do with Alpha.

lets just say the discount you got when buying into early acess included a decreased service offer. me, as a customer am happy that they dont waste more time and money for safing your pretty gear.

wipe warnings are generally given, you know that, i know that. and anything you gather now will never make it to beta.

in addition eugen apologized and said it wasnt possible to keep it (twitter). dont know why they should hold back the update, hope they got better to do.

stop screaming bout virtual items - they work in real life.

greets

• Like 3

Oh come on Odin, you're a good contributor here, but...'don't get attached to your gear'? Really?

I see no evidence of a notice for a persistence wipe, and you have not provided one. 'We...knew' is BS.

It was a crappy thing to do. If Eugen or Brian had any courtesy, they'd apologise.

I test theories all the time in my job - slightly more important ones than this. And if I didn't warn people about the effects of what I was doing in advance, I'd be in a shit-ton of trouble.

Like I said, I'm not gonna search the 240+ pages of experimental thread for you Mookie. Nothing personal, as I've always liked you and your comments, but surely you must know by now not to get attached to your gear.

In case you don't know yet, there'll be plenty more wipes, persistence and character wise, until we reach beta, and then until we reach "final" release.

• Like 1

Like I said, I'm not gonna search the 240+ pages of experimental thread for you Mookie. Nothing personal, as I've always liked you and your comments, but surely you must know by now not to get attached to your gear.

In case you don't know yet, there'll be plenty more wipes, persistence and character wise, until we reach beta, and then until we reach "final" release.

I get all that Odin, but BI let the playerbase down here, and you know it. An hour ago you implied how tired the ' don't get attached to our gear' meme had become. But it seems your memory is short.

Does you no credit.

My group already has multiple tents, assault rifles, a fully kitted M4, a Winchester, and 5 trucks. ON A PRIVATE HIVE that had consistently over 40 players online. Quit bitching about lost gear and go find more. At least now there is loot to find instead of fighting over the scraps left from the last iteration of CLE.

lets just say the discount you got when buying into early acess included a decreased service offer. me, as a customer am happy that they dont waste more time and money for safing your pretty gear.

wipe warnings are generally given, you know that, i know that. and anything you gather now will never make it to beta.

in addition eugen apologized and said it wasnt possible to keep it (twitter). dont know why they should hold back the update, hope they got better to do.

stop screaming bout virtual items - they work in real life.

greets

Where was the warning? And where is the apology?

As I've said, if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

My group already has multiple tents, assault rifles, a fully kitted M4, a Winchester, and 5 trucks. ON A PRIVATE HIVE that had consistently over 40 players online. Quit bitching about lost gear and go find more. At least now there is loot to find instead of fighting over the scraps left from the last iteration of CLE.

You're telling me how to play this game now Dags? Great work man, Sadly we loners can't farm like you.

Edited by Mookie

How would things be different if they told you prior to the wipe?  You stuff is still gone.

You'd feel better about it somehow?

• Like 2

An hour ago you implied how tired the ' don't get attached to our gear' meme had become. But it seems your memory is short.

Nope. An hour ago I said I was still getting annoyed by players whining about loosing their gear, for whatever reasons they find. (getting KoS, dying do to glitches, getting character or persistence wipe)

I'll always get annoyed by this, as it's the lack of understanding that annoys me, and the whining. But that's just life, and I'll deal with it as much as I can.

That said, this is a forum, a discussion forum, so I'll share my thoughts. If the moderators find any infractions or a non-respect of the rules, then they should, and will warn me, otherwise, it'll stay the same.

How would things be different if they told you prior to the wipe?  You stuff is still gone.

You'd feel better about it somehow?

It would have given me notice (and perhaps half the p(l)ayerbase) to sort our stuff out. Seeing as you've had some kind of pathetic relapse, we've had warnings of persistence wipes countless times. Not this time. Because Brian and Eugen cocked it up.

So far I've had 'you were warned'. Nope

And we've had 'don't get attached to your gear!' Snore...even though those who say it were laughing at the same 24 hours ago.

Oh and then 'they've apologised'. Nope.

Come on, we all love the game, but this was a fuckup. It doesn't take much to admit it, but you can't even do that....