boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Noticed that at my very small bag camps as well, logged in near one and though oh cool they fixed this, ran across the map and at the other even smaller one I couldn't do anything with my inventory and even got a lost session.

Pretty sure I ran past someone else's in the middle of my trip, trying to eat and drink was extremely delayed.

Got food poisoning again from fish, didn't force vomiting again and it took near 3 hours for my blood/coulur t come back not even healthy yet. Does vomiting speed anything up with the recovery, I know with an infection it makes things worse.

A heads up, I once randomly jumped on a private, instantly found a gasoline canister and naturally drank the whole thang.

Just instantly had to puke and was completely fine again afterwards, except being red hungry.

Also I believe it has been a reknown "healing method" to just puke if you get poisoned in the past (i.e. by drinking the tincture), but I might be wrong. I would say you might have wasted a lot of time if your pure goal was to cure the sickness tho.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 2

I have searched every shed and garage I have come across in multiple towns for several days, and I still have yet to find a glow plug. I have three truck batteries, though...

I've seen that some people claim to have found them on stable. Searching all the sheds with my inventory up... hopefully I'll have some good fortune soon.

A heads up, I once randomly jumped on a private, instantly found a gasoline canister and naturally drank the whole thang.

Just instantly had to puke and was completely fine again afterwards, except being red hungry.

Also I believe it has been a reknown "healing method" to just puke if you get poisoned in the past (i.e. by drinking the tincture), but I might be wrong. I would say you might have wasted a lot of time if your pure goal was to cure the sickness tho.

Didn't wast any time really, got where I was going. Was carrying a gas can full of water at the time will try forcing vomiting early on next time and see if it helps. I did involuntarily vomit half way through but had lost a ton of blood before the sick even showed up, might be able to fast track it so I will put that on my list.   

So will they fix the lag/dsync issues around camps with a hotfix or will they wait untill 0.59 to stable comes?

Awwwwwww yis, thank you so much IMT (and Wobo) for the headsup!!!

It fucking worked with nails! Here goes the "black" leathersack! Not bad EH?

http://prntscr.com/8b4bx6

http://prntscr.com/8b4d6q

Sorry for potato quality. Might use imgur next time when I make better screenshots.

That said, I loved crafting this, but they need to fix their black brown issue... if this thing actually exists in black as well which at least the leather hat currently does, then they need to enable that. Would be an absolutely awesome backpack.

They also need to fix the brown "black" raincoat finally.. its almost as if the designer making the black raincoat actually designs on an old desaturated LCD :D

I wish they would enable the same principle with improvised burlap backpacks as well, just add green spraypaint and woosh, olive improvised backpack.

Didn't wast any time really, got where I was going. Was carrying a gas can full of water at the time will try forcing vomiting early on next time and see if it helps. I did involuntarily vomit half way through but had lost a ton of blood before the sick even showed up, might be able to fast track it so I will put that on my list.   

Tell us how it went!

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 2

Removing the hand guard and putting it in your hand does work for painting but then it disappears or at least looks like it does. It goes into an inventory slot- assuming you have one otherwise I guess it would go on the ground. Might be coincidence but I painted my ak and the attachments disappeared as we know happens- but I painted mags afterwards and THEN logged to get my attachments back and it kicked the other two guys I was playing with (only other two in the server). Not sure if it crashed the server or just kicked them but I'll see if I can get the log.

Imagine the dissapearing happening with my M4A1. I was destroyed for a small moment until I logged. :lol:

Hmmm, we could actually use info on a couple more servers (ip + port) where the lootsplosions appear if anyone comes across any (only the lootsplosions at the military bases).

I sent you a private message concerning a sort of loot explosion.

The Dev's indeed know about this issue, but it always helps to report it on the feedback tracker. Here is a tracker already placed that is in alignment with my issues below. Trucks more than anything seem to be the culprit if you bring them near you're base camp. Whether it be barrels, tents, bags or a combination of all three. Not until we brought a truck near did we have these issues. Prior to bringing this truck near our base camp, we moved our barrels to be at least 100m apart using a range finder and we could sort through them just fine.

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27454

If you're seeing this same issue, vote this issue on the feedback tracker.

I also noticed the same thing when I got back with GaryWulnuts from the NWAF. We didn't have the issue before with 2 trucks but we brought back a lot of loot which may caused the issue.

It may as well be a single item which causes the trouble for all we know.

Thank you so much. I guess that explains it, must have used birch bark by accident.

I suppose birch is the more common tree?

Birch is a white three:

6903675-free-birch-tree-wallpaper.jpg

And the oak is a brown tree with this texture:

dayz-0-55-oark-bark-are-in.jpg

Noticed that at my very small bag camps as well, logged in near one and though oh cool they fixed this, ran across the map and at the other even smaller one I couldn't do anything with my inventory and even got a lost session.

Pretty sure I ran past someone else's in the middle of my trip, trying to eat and drink was extremely delayed.

Got food poisoning again from fish, didn't force vomiting again and it took near 3 hours for my blood/coulur t come back not even healthy yet. Does vomiting speed anything up with the recovery, I know with an infection it makes things worse.

Force vomitting or getting another disease will not fix the initial disease. In fact, you can't get another disease when you're already sick.

We were going to ask you about the situation with cooked meat right now- sounds like there are still occasions where you get sick. We're wanting to do a bit of a hunting expedition right now but if we can't eat what we kill it takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Fastest way I've come out of being ill like that was an IV Saline...

Is it (sick on cooked meat) still relatively random? Any connection with the amount of time the meat spends in your bag?

Is the sickness related at all to cooking meat on a stick? Reason I ask is the cooked meat / sickness issue seemed to come around once you could cook on a stick. I wonder if the game isn't registering the mechanic of being cooked on the stick and though the graphic SAYS it's cooked... maybe the trigger doesn't register.

We agreed last night you were THE guy to talk to that's why I'm asking. I don't mind dabbling in it but I thought you may already have some hypothesis.

Getting sick from cooked meat is not in since cooking with a stick. If I look at my date and version when I submitted the bug report it came around the 5th of august in build 0.58.128953.

It doesn't matter by the way if it is cooked with a stick or a cooking pot.

You can eat the meat but cook and eat all the meat you have and then eat a/some charcoal tab(s).

I have searched every shed and garage I have come across in multiple towns for several days, and I still have yet to find a glow plug. I have three truck batteries, though...

I've seen that some people claim to have found them on stable. Searching all the sheds with my inventory up... hopefully I'll have some good fortune soon.

People claiming they found them? Hell, I found three a few days ago. :lol:

Awwwwwww yis, thank you so much IMT (and Wobo) for the headsup!!!

It fucking worked with nails! Here goes the "black" leathersack! Not bad EH?

http://prntscr.com/8b4bx6

http://prntscr.com/8b4d6q

Sorry for potato quality. Might use imgur next time when I make better screenshots.

That said, I loved crafting this, but they need to fix their black brown issue... if this thing actually exists in black as well which at least the leather hat currently does, then they need to enable that. Would be an absolutely awesome backpack.

They also need to fix the brown "black" raincoat finally.. its almost as if the designer making the black raincoat actually designs on an old desaturated LCD :D

I wish they would enable the same principle with improvised burlap backpacks as well, just add green spraypaint and woosh, olive improvised backpack.

Tell us how it went!

No problem, glad it worked out for you. :) And I agree they could make it a little bit more black.
  • Like 3

*snip*

Force vomitting or getting another disease will not fix the initial disease. In fact, you can't get another disease when you're already sick.

Getting sick from cooked meat is not in since cooking with a stick. If I look at my date and version when I submitted the bug report it came around the 5th of august in build 0.58.128953.

It doesn't matter by the way if it is cooked with a stick or a cooking pot.

You can eat the meat but cook and eat all the meat you have and then eat a/some charcoal tab(s).

*snip*

That helps a lot, if I can't get sick again while sick I could just move along on fish (raw even?) and pond water while catching the fish and ride it out. 

Still not getting how the charcoal tabs work though, don't the make you vomit?

I could be thinking it through wrong but I though there was a blood loss from vomiting and don't want to compound the ticking blood loss while being sick. 

• Like 1

That helps a lot, if I can't get sick again while sick I could just move along on fish (raw even?) and pond water while catching the fish and ride it out. 

Still not getting how the charcoal tabs work though, don't the make you vomit?

I could be thinking it through wrong but I though there was a blood loss from vomiting and don't want to compound the ticking blood loss while being sick.

In theory you can. If you eat charcoal tabs when you are sick by food it will cure the sickness. It will still say sick but you won't vomit or get any messages anymore until you're healthy. Then the sick status will disappear.

No problem, glad it worked out for you. :) And I agree they could make it a little bit more black.

Hey :D the problems currently are as follows:

•  Every tree yields the same bark: its just called bark or tree bark. Not sure anymore. (gonna make a bug report I think)
  • Said tree bark does nothing to the leather sack and I would assume neither to the other leather stuff
  • Instead the brown coloring that was supposed to be in place for the bark sort of "jumped up" a slot into the nails recipe, resulting in the brown color for the leather sack (and pants as seen in Wobos video)
  • This is further supported by the fact that Wobo actually has a black leather hat from that very same nail recipe

Other than that the raincoat should just either be fixed or renamed. I would love a black one tho.

ALso, am I the only one that thinks they stretched it a little calling some stuff "Olive"?

http://prntscr.com/8b58afhere is how the color "olive" looks according to wikipedia.

Edited by jayfkay

Hey :D the problems currently are as follows:

•  Every tree yields the same bark: its just called bark or tree bark. Not sure anymore.
  • Said tree bark does nothing to the leather sack and I would assume neither to the other leather stuff
  • Instead the brown coloring that was supposed to be in place for the bark sort of "jumped up" a slot into the nails recipe, resulting in the brown color for the leather sack (and pants as seen in Wobos video)
  • This is further supported by the fact that Wobo actually has a black leather hat from that very same nail recipe
Other than that the raincoat should just either be fixed or renamed. I would love a black one tho.

ALso, am I the only one that thinks they stretched it a little calling some stuff "Olive"?

Are you sure all the tree barks are the same? Try testing it on a birch or oak tree, they might give a different one.

Are you sure all the tree barks are the same? Try testing it on a birch or oak tree, they might give a different one.

I am sure. It was nighttime, but I found a tree with the typical oak texture and then I went to a birch (which are typically bright + black spots, yes?), both yielded the same result. One tree actually gave me the option to "Cut off Bark" two times, both also gave the same result of course.

Looked like this:

• Cut off a branch
  • Cut off bark
  • Cut off bark

Supposedly they should be called Oak Bark and Birch Bark, yes? Because thats not the case. Its just called "Bark". I am assuming its temporary and they are working on it? Someone else confirm my observation please.

Edited by jayfkay

I am sure. It was nighttime, but I found a tree with the typical oak texture and then I went to a birch (which are typically bright + black spots, yes?), both yielded the same result. One tree actually gave me the option to "Cut off Bark" two times, both also gave the same result of course.

Looked like this:

• Cut off a branch
  • Cut off bark
  • Cut off bark

Supposedly they should be called Oak Bark and Birch Bark, yes? Because thats not the case. Its just called "Bark". I am assuming its temporary and they are working on it? Someone else confirm my observation please.

Just got the double "cut off bark" from what I believe was an oak tree. I stopped paying attention when they softened up on the specific barks for the hand drill and making a fireplace.

The interaction delay seems to be getting worse and as mentioned it's better when you log in, hung around and sorted some stuff and it seemed to slow down by time or number of actions. I left the area for a look at something and returned and it was a good 30 second delay, you could do a sequence of actions and they'd replay like a macro after the delay.  

I dunno, kind of a bitch re-tying my shoes.  That and I smack my head on the bottom of the desktop and it doesn't seem to help my healing status at all either.

Remove your shoes and hurt your feet, had that twice in exp. If it's stuck when you put your shoes back on it'll bump to healing then right to healthy. 

• Like 4

Just got the double "cut off bark" from what I believe was an oak tree. I stopped paying attention when they softened up on the specific barks for the hand drill and making a fireplace.

The interaction delay seems to be getting worse and as mentioned it's better when you log in, hung around and sorted some stuff and it seemed to slow down by time or number of actions. I left the area for a look at something and returned and it was a good 30 second delay, you could do a sequence of actions and they'd replay like a macro after the delay.  

Thing is I went for that tree and also just to experiment to all other trees I could find, everytime I got an identical looking piece of shit just called "Bark".

Thing is I went for that tree and also just to experiment to all other trees I could find, everytime I got an identical looking piece of shit just called "Bark".

I wasn't near any birch or I would have tried those too. When the hand drill first came out you needed two types of bark to make a fire, birch to substitute for paper or rags and oak to make the hand drill. They relaxed that at some point and may have done away with the bark types leaving the dying system broken? 

• Like 1

I wasn't near any birch or I would have tried those too. When the hand drill first came out you needed two types of bark to make a fire, birch to substitute for paper or rags and oak to make the hand drill. They relaxed that at some point and may have done away with the bark types leaving the dying system broken? 

Yep, I am pretty sure thats the case, as for the reasoning I am not so sure. Might have been a mistake as well.

Would be great if it worked.

And new stuff, like being able to paint burlap improvised backpacks or being able to dye a boar pelt.

Edited by jayfkay

Anyone found rope yet?

Lots, sheds as always.

You can also make it out of 2 stacks of rags combined.

• Like 1

Trying to get to the bottom of this one but having no luck.

I've just had about a dozen lost sessions in a row trying to interact with my camp.

FYI the full camp presently is 2 trucks, 2 civ tents, 2 car tents, 1 mil tent, one barrel and one mountain backpack on the ground.

First thing I did was get the trucks out of there, about 1000m away from anything, thinking they could be problematic, no joy.

Then I moved the barrel out, that didn't help either.

Then I tried to split the camp into smaller camps some distance away from each other,  that worked until I got about three tents together about half full with items, then the lag began.

So that's something....

Next, I moved everything way out into the deep Northwest so no dynamic events were in range, still no joy.

Still lagged (sometimes about 15 seconds per moving one tent item) and often I'd get a lost session.

Sometimes I'd get a lost session without even moving one item successfully.

Logging in and out didn't seem to help either.

I also saw another player (the same guy for a few hours) having connection issues/time outs regularly and of course I wondered if my camp shuffling was effecting him and others on the server.

The only thing that seems to help is being about 1000m away from the camps +about 30 seconds downtime, then I can drop items and pick them up again.

Just contributing what I've noticed so far.

-Trucks, empty or full, don't seem to have any effect on camp lag (I've moved them 1000m away and still experience lag)

-Dynamic Events don't seem to be effecting anything (I still experienced immediate lag upon log in with dynamic events over 3000m away)

-I was the only person on the server for a while, I had the same lag with or without others players on the server.

-Logging in and out doesn't seem to effect the lag either.

Next I'm going to try to get the different types of tents separated into their own camps, maybe one type of tent is glitching it.

I'd be curious to know if anyone else has been confounded by this one and what they've noticed.

• Like 2

Trying to get to the bottom of this one but having no luck.

I've just had about a dozen lost sessions in a row trying to interact with my camp.

FYI the full camp presently is 2 trucks, 2 civ tents, 2 car tents, 1 mil tent, one barrel and one mountain backpack on the ground.

First thing I did was get the trucks out of there, about 1000m away from anything, thinking they could be problematic, no joy.

Then I moved the barrel out, that didn't help either.

Then I tried to split the camp into smaller camps some distance away from each other,  that worked until I got about three tents together about half full with items, then the lag began.

So that's something....

Next, I moved everything way out into the deep Northwest so no dynamic events were in range, still no joy.

Still lagged (sometimes about 15 seconds per moving one tent item) and often I'd get a lost session.

Sometimes I'd get a lost session without even moving one item successfully.

Logging in and out didn't seem to help either.

I also saw another player (the same guy for a few hours) having connection issues/time outs regularly and of course I wondered if my camp shuffling was effecting him and others on the server.

The only thing that seems to help is being about 1000m away from the camps +about 30 seconds downtime, then I can drop items and pick them up again.

Just contributing what I've noticed so far.

-Trucks, empty or full, don't seem to have any effect on camp lag (I've moved them 1000m away and still experience lag)

-Dynamic Events don't seem to be effecting anything (I still experienced immediate lag upon log in with dynamic events over 3000m away)

-I was the only person on the server for a while, I had the same lag with or without others players on the server.

-Logging in and out doesn't seem to effect the lag either.

Next I'm going to try to get the different types of tents separated into their own camps, maybe one type of tent is glitching it.

I'd be curious to know if anyone else has been confounded by this one and what they've noticed.

Mine are less than 4 at a location part filled improvised backpacks, child's briefcases, and taloons. I doubt I have more than 100 items at each site including the stuff on my person. I am using fireplaces in bags to gain a few slots but don't think that's the culprit. 

Mine are less than 4 at a location part filled improvised backpacks, child's briefcases, and taloons. I doubt I have more than 100 items at each site including the stuff on my person. I am using fireplaces in bags to gain a few slots but don't think that's the culprit. 

Yeah the weather's been good lately so I haven't built any fireplace yet, so I guess that can't be it

Do any of you know where the truck battery spawns? I have seen two or three of them, but I didn't need one at the time. You know how that goes. Haha :-) Oh, and are there any animal spawn near Stary Sobor?

Just had 3-4 sessions lost trying to leave my gun and grab food at my small camp, the last login it was quick to grab the rice and water I wanted. I ran away ever hundred yards or so seeing if I got steady "receiving" and it took to about 500m before I could interact with the rice.

Went to see if the nearby heli was there before dinner and decided to just log out in a nearby house, 1 other person on the server. Saw a silhouette and heard a weird buzz, the whole map and I pick the one house that has the one other person in it. Completely unarmed with nothing in my bag I was sure glad it was Barnabus.  

• Like 2

How many items do you have at your "small" camp.  I mean, how many items that need to be rendered? Nails removed from box, etc.  I have several locations with a couple barrels of items, mostly large items, taking up many slots, but none the less, full barrels.  Trying to figure out the breaking point.  The only major issue that I've had with interaction was at of all places NWAF tents.  Serious problem with server response to interaction of any kind.

Just had 3-4 sessions lost trying to leave my gun and grab food at my small camp, the last login it was quick to grab the rice and water I wanted. I ran away ever hundred yards or so seeing if I got steady "receiving" and it took to about 500m before I could interact with the rice.

Went to see if the nearby heli was there before dinner and decided to just log out in a nearby house, 1 other person on the server. Saw a silhouette and heard a weird buzz, the whole map and I pick the one house that has the one other person in it. Completely unarmed with nothing in my bag I was sure glad it was Barnabus.  

My latest favorite item...some like their M4's but nothing better imho than a pristine...

yVOrKSG.jpg

This one has me worried a bit, waiting for the option to "drink all" to see if my nutz glow in the dark...

hO9f6Eu.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1