Whyherro123

Faith in Day Z: restored!

After watching the new Developer video, I must say that I am very hopeful for the games future.

Basebuilding looks great. Almost everything I want

Soft skills sounds awesome.

Future changes to mechanics sounds awesome

Anybody else have any input on the new video?

https://youtu.be/RnodPC2VPgI

• Like 6

I've not watched the whole thing. I'll probably put it on in the background while I work or something.

I saw the vehicle section with the new cars which look nice, and I saw the base building segment. I like the direction they're going with the basebuilding, and I like that the huge impossible structure thing was addressed. While I've not played the mod or Rust or whatever, I've seen videos of massive square bases built up on mountain sides supported by, like, a single stick. It looks stupid. DayZ's base building might be slightly more limited in terms of the sorts of things we can build, but I think that's a good thing. DayZ seems to be more focused on fortified camps rather than building Barad-Dur out of logs. I like that.

I'm wondering why you lost faith? Was it the slow development to stable or the devs vision of DayZ?

I've always thought that the Devs "get" DayZ as a concept. That's what makes the videos with Hicks playing so good. You look at all these other survival games popping up and I'm not sure they "get" their game to the same level. They're still gaining a identity as they develop.

Everything in the presentation was what I expected. They did go into details slightly, but still pretty vague.

Soft skills, I really like their approach. What is hard to understand is how long actions will take and how much these will improve. Also, how deep the leveling will be. Take skinning an animal as a example. Time, Yield, and Dammage to Tool, these are the areas for improvement. I can't see it getting any faster than it already is. So how long would it take your first time lowest level? How many levels can you gain? 

Also, the set cap within a given time frame. This part really interests me. I put in another post I thought 4 hours before you could gain exp would be nice, that's probably longer than what they're thinking.

I haven't worried much hicks and the guys and gals seem very passionate about the game and want the same things as me. I was glad to see the things in the vid are getting added( the hatchback has me pumped). patience is my enemy right now i want to try all those things now but sigh i can wait as long as needed for it to be done the way they want it. i'm so pumped for soft skills and the one thing that really had me giggling was they mentioned weight and stamina those 2 things are a game changer add skills and more zeds and we might have a virtual hell on our hands.

They didn't said anything about melee mechanics improvements, makes me sad. Other then that is pure gold tbh

I am very please as well. The part in Hick's conference presentation where he said he didn't want the internet folks to bitch at him more than they already do made me nearly spit out my soda!

As far as the gaming videos go with Blackout I found it funny how Blackout was stocking trash in his inventory then he would tell hicks about the random trash he was finding. Then hicks would be like: "awesome, good find!"

I was like wtf why are you carrying that stupid teddy bear?

I am very please as well. The part in Hick's conference presentation where he said he didn't want the internet folks to bitch at him more than they already do made me nearly spit out my soda!

As far as the gaming videos go with Blackout I found it funny how Blackout was stocking trash in his inventory then he would tell hicks about the random trash he was finding. Then hicks would be like: "awesome, good find!"

I was like wtf why are you carrying that stupid teddy bear?

I once saw Hicks pick up about 10 gas lamps.  He might have 5000 hours on the game but I don't think he's really representative of your average player.

To be clear, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that at all unless he's making balance decisions =P

• Like 1

After watching the new Developer video, I must say that I am very hopeful for the games future.

Basebuilding looks great. Almost everything I want

Soft skills sounds awesome.

Future changes to mechanics sounds awesome

Anybody else have any input on the new video?

https://youtu.be/RnodPC2VPgI

Those are just slides

I once saw Hicks pick up about 10 gas lamps.  He might have 5000 hours on the game but I don't think he's really representative of your average player.

To be clear, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that at all unless he's making balance decisions =P

I can totally see Hicks running around with 10 gas lamps. He probably thought it was his lucky day too!

he probably wanted to light them all around a city or something. dude wants interaction.

Those are just slides

There is no camera view of Hicks giving the presentation, and other than seeing his pretty face, this IS the presentation. This is exactly what was shown at RTX, and he recorded the audio himself. Not sure what else you could want.

Edited by Tatanko

Infected hordes as dynamic events. I didn't pay enough money for this game. I think I will mail Bohemia a check.

There is no camera view of Hicks giving the presentation, and other than seeing his pretty face, this IS the presentation. This is exactly what was shown at RTX, and he recorded the audio himself. Not sure what else you could want.

I was trying to say that I will get excited when I see it all in game not on slides.

How many times did we get slides with things that were supposed to happen but instead got nothing? Im not talking about DayZ in particular but games like Starforge, the dead linger etc

Edited by Sperglord

Cant say my faith has been restored since I never doubted these features to be implemented at some point.

But I understand OP`s post since 1/4 of forum users will usually tend to overreact to just about anything. Its either insanly happy or im gonna die now cos no update in a month.

I think players are much better informed than they were last year. I really think that make a huge difference.