Sign in to follow this  
hansanitizer

Difference between standalone and mod?

Hi guys im thinking about buying this game and i want to know what the difference between the standalone and the mod is. I own and have played the mod.

I dont get it...

The original art direction for the popular American TV show "The Simpsons" was rather rough and after years of refinement is much better and has come to be the iconic thing that it is today. In short, it's different but better. Also, The Simpsons is not done yet, neither is StandAlone.

• Like 6

Dayz mod has more content atm but dayz standalone is much better at quality , immersion , realism , PVP encounters , hunting , and many other things ... And if it doesn't have it (whatever IT is) yet it will in the next six - 8 months .

• Like 2

Dayz mod has more content atm but dayz standalone is much better at quality , immersion , realism , PVP encounters , hunting , and many other things ... And if it doesn't have it (whatever IT is) yet it will in the next six - 8 months .

Alright sounds good! Thanks! Oh and does it run better than the mod??

i tried the mod like 3 years ago (the concept of the game appealed to me) but had the worse time getting on with it, the inventory system was really weird to me and the zombies pissed me off. i don't even know if i gave it 10 hours. a year or so later, noticed standalone had came out so i thought id try it....and now im pushing close to 2000 hours on SA so that should say something.

• Like 1

Alright sounds good! Thanks! Oh and does it run better than the mod??

OMG no, no, nononononon never, no GOD NO

it is the resource hungriest beast i have ever known a game to be, and yet i love it, even if i get a maximum of 20 frames in big cities, it's worth it

• Like 2

Do any of you know if the game called miscreated is any good?

Hello there

Miscreated is also in Alpha.

Same as most of the survival Horror games.

Youtube is worth looking at to get a feel of the game.

Bear in mind we have roughly 1.5 years to go before its fully released.

The SA isnt for those looking for a finished game experience

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 3

Here's the thing, dude.

The majority of people on this forum are here to talk shit about the game as they as not happy it's not fully militarized.

The DayZ mod was awesome, but it's running on a game that's 6 years old and has a janky system. There are a ton of mods out there, most of which go against the premise of DayZ. They're fully militarized PVP with tanks and stinger missiles.

The next patch coming this week will give you a real sense of what DayZ is going to be. Guns will be harder to aquire, and PVE aspects are re-implemented. 

I loved the mod and I love the SA, no reason to pick one or the other.

Edited by DanicaHamlin
  • Like 4

ive tried it a little bit, and thought it was OK, nothing special... and i dont remember it having much content.

it may be decent later on in development, but right now SA is far more entertaining, at least IMO.

Hello there

Rdgs

LoK

Yeah but the beta will start in Q4 according to the website and they will also be adding building and stuff.  I think that ill end up buying this game, maybe tomorrow, any idea if there will be a sale before Halloween or at the end of summer? Are we in Q3 of 2015 at the moment??

Edited by hansanitizer

Hello there

Rdgs

LoK

I thought it was supposed to be done early next year? Well actually it was supposed to be done this year? The due date keeps getting moved back. We will be old men before its done. Nothing ever gets done right around here, its always delayed and bug-filled. I get its an alpha but its getting ridiculous. now its up to 1.5 years? Is any of the info you guys give us reliable anymore? Sorry for the rant but I'm getting pissed off.

Also, @OP, as others have said, SA will EVENTUALLY be a lot  better then the mod, even if that is many years from now. It is still very fun in its current state, but the development status is...slow.

I thought it was supposed to be done early next year? Well actually it was supposed to be done this year? The due date keeps getting moved back. We will be old men before its done. Nothing ever gets done right around here, its always delayed and bug-filled. I get its an alpha but its getting ridiculous. now its up to 1.5 years? Is any of the info you guys give us reliable anymore? Sorry for the rant but I'm getting pissed off.

Also, @OP, as others have said, SA will EVENTUALLY be a lot better then the mod, even if that is many years from now. It is still very fun in its current state, but the development status is...slow.

It's on par with major game studios putting out popular titles. Completely developing a game can take an average of 5 years based on stats, thats with studios who have quadruple the budget and staff.

DayZ Mod

Pros

1. Better FPS

2. Lot more vehicles

3. Helicopters 

4. Mods for the Mod

5. Harder to get geared

6. Stable persistence

7. Humanity system

8. More friendly people

9. Side chat

10. A some-what stable building mechanic

11. Less buggy zeds

12. Soundtrack with a Erie feeling 

13. at night it was pitch black (NEEDS TO BE IN SA)

14. Cheaper Server hosting

Cons

1. Requires 2 games 

2. Admins are more abusive

3. Some what more hackers

4. Nukes

5. Epoch/Overpoch Fucked it

6. There are so many kid admins

7. Bugs (Breaking legs on stairs Etc.)

DayZ Standalone

Pros

1. Better looking graphics

2. Updated every month

3. Less hackers than the mod

4. No spawning items for admins (THANK FUCK)

5. Bugs patched quickly

6. Good PVP System

7. Better Battleye

8. Good healing system

9. Spawning for items is getting better

10. A Bigger map

Cons

1. Needs a good computer

2. Spawn killed, KOSing and Dickhead people

3. Abusive admins (restarting server after killing them)

4. Random lag spikes

5. Duping and Glitching

6. Easy to get geared (0.57)

7. To many vehicle spawns 

8. Complaining people

9. Dysnc

10. Random crashes 

Both are the same up to you.

• Like 1

I thought it was supposed to be done early next year? Well actually it was supposed to be done this year? The due date keeps getting moved back. We will be old men before its done. Nothing ever gets done right around here, its always delayed and bug-filled. I get its an alpha but its getting ridiculous. now its up to 1.5 years? Is any of the info you guys give us reliable anymore? Sorry for the rant but I'm getting pissed off.

Also, @OP, as others have said, SA will EVENTUALLY be a lot  better then the mod, even if that is many years from now. It is still very fun in its current state, but the development status is...slow.

No one said that the DayZ Standalone would be fully released by the end of this year. The original plan was for it to hit Beta by end of the year, but I highly doubt it will happen.

• Like 2

No one said that the DayZ Standalone would be fully released by the end of this year. The original plan was for it to hit Beta by end of the year, but I highly doubt it will happen.

Thanks for saving me the explanation between end of alpha and full release.

Thanks for saving me the explanation between end of alpha and full release.

You're welcome.

mvF8pjN.gif

I thought it was supposed to be done early next year? Well actually it was supposed to be done this year? The due date keeps getting moved back.

Welcome to a world where publisher who actually have no idea of programming, and programmers who (no offense) can't know how much time a project will take when they just started on it set the deadlines for milestones such as "release", "beta", etc.

especially when you work with an engine that is extremely unoptimized, old, buggy and generally wasn't meant to be used in the way it's used now

it's kind of like you going to clean the cat litter, just to see that there is a giant hole in the floor beneath it now where hundreds of mutant spiders are emerging from and OMGWTF you need to grab your flamethrower and KILL THEM ALL! but your wife starts yelling "CHANGE THE CATLITTER ALLREADY!" and your cat needs to poop as if it weren't bad enough allready...

Edited by Zombo
  • Like 1

Hello there

AFAIK 3 years was always the case once the decision to go SA was made.

That's not at all long for game development.

Unfortunately, I dont think that you do "get that it's Alpha" and as to unreliable info, there's tonnes out there, 90pc of it linked into and available from this site.

We cant help that you are getting "pissed off" by your perceiving development is slow although I dont blame you entirely for your lack of knowledge.

Im not berating you, rather I think you (and many many others) need to realise what a true Alpha is.

TBH im amazed that the game is as playable as it is.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

If you can - try out Breaking Point mod for ArmA 3.

DayZ Mod has more content, runs smoother - but isn't very popular anymore and you might have trouble finding active servers.

SA is work in progress. It might be decent in 1 more year, but it's not certain. If you want decent opinions about SA check Steam reviews, don't bother asking here.

Whichever you choose, have fun.

Edited by SniperV

If you can - try out Breaking Point mod for ArmA 3.

DayZ Mod has more content, runs smoother - but isn't very popular anymore and you might have trouble finding active servers.

SA is work in progress. It might be decent in 1 more year, but it's not certain. If you want decent opinions about SA check Steam reviews, don't bother asking here.

Whichever you choose, have fun.

Steam reviews? LOL Most steam reviews now-a-days are horrid. 

Breaking Point is a much better game than SA.

Breaking Point is a mod not a game, and it's also completely different from DayZ SA....:P