Jimmy McNulty

When they actually add zombies to this game...

It's gonna a hell of a game. I can't wait! I've put about 70 hours into dayZ standalone but I find it really meaningless now...it's like a deathmatch in a really large world..but with zombies....teaming up with people will actually be better than killing them for loot...dayZ  will be a truly different game....damn I can't wait!!!

Hope it happens one day.

if you are already playing with teammates, then there is no need to bring anyone new into the fold. KOS will still be the norm, even with 1000 zombies per city. 

The devs keep putting more and more PVP aspects into the game. They are feeding the KOS fire, not trying to put it out. As long as you have to "work" for your stuff, there will always be people like me and my group that want nothing more than to relieve you of said stuff and make your day miserable.

I know, I know, "go back to COD!" There is no loss in COD, there is no gain, it is merely spawn, run, kill, die, repeat. In Dayz, you stand to lose something, so the PvP aspect is that much more intense. plus there are a lot more trolls in the mix than "survivors".

So back to your point, they can add 100, 1000, 10000 zombies per town and it will not change the interaction between players, PvP will be the norm, becauss of stuff.

• Like 1

you just have to find the right server if you don't want to have KOS if you don't care then meh, i to want zeds because they at least give a little threat when looting towns. as of now the only threat is humans and its rather boring i like to wander the map a lot and seem to have the uncanny ability to not run into humans even when i try to maybe no one likes the west side of the map i don't know. and 10,000 zeds would change things especially if they were all in cherno i would laugh at you shooting a weapon haha especially if they were in a finished state you would be toast i don't hate on PVP but if zeds function as they should being a blowhard should equal death.

• Like 1

Lol, yeah of course, whatever makes you happy mate. I'm one of these people who don't give a damn what kind of weapon they have. As long as it shoots I'm fine. I just hope they will add as many zombies as possible, hordes of them....and I hope they will be drawn to sound...and make Pvpers lives very unhappy :)

Edited by Jimmy McNulty

you just have to find the right server if you don't want to have KOS if you don't care then meh, i to want zeds because they at least give a little threat when looting towns. as of now the only threat is humans and its rather boring i like to wander the map a lot and seem to have the uncanny ability to not run into humans even when i try to maybe no one likes the west side of the map i don't know. and 10,000 zeds would change things especially if they were all in cherno i would laugh at you shooting a weapon haha especially if they were in a finished state you would be toast i don't hate on PVP but if zeds function as they should being a blowhard should equal death.

As long as doors and walls act as they should, then it is not an issue. Plus shooting someone and getting them to bleed should attract the zeds to them, while you are inside the comfort of a building. If you think Zombies will be breaking down doors, please go hit a heavy wooden door bare handed for a while and tell me how that goes. 

Well I played original dayZ mod and I thought it has always been about surviving and not getting eaten by zombies. Funny how dayZ evolved lol, now it's seen as a PVP game in an open world by many...hope that will change and dayZ will be again what it was supposed to be :)

• Like 1

if you are already playing with teammates, then there is no need to bring anyone new into the fold. KOS will still be the norm, even with 1000 zombies per city. 

The devs keep putting more and more PVP aspects into the game. They are feeding the KOS fire, not trying to put it out. As long as you have to "work" for your stuff, there will always be people like me and my group that want nothing more than to relieve you of said stuff and make your day miserable.

I know, I know, "go back to COD!" There is no loss in COD, there is no gain, it is merely spawn, run, kill, die, repeat. In Dayz, you stand to lose something, so the PvP aspect is that much more intense. plus there are a lot more trolls in the mix than "survivors".

So back to your point, they can add 100, 1000, 10000 zombies per town and it will not change the interaction between players, PvP will be the norm, becauss of stuff.

lol sure stuff is always good but when you have a little or no ammo because zeds were after you and half of your elite pvp group has been eaten by zeds as well, and towns won't be just a wallmart with M4's and ammo it will be very different, trust me bro :D

I'm quite surprised of what is happening. Zombies worked quite well one year ago or so. Then they started become invincible. Now apparently there's something really wrong with them as the devs had to remove them (albeit temporarily).

Well back in 2012 there was a version of dayZ mod where it was almost impossible to loot towns lol. I remember it well. Every village was literally infested with zombies, places like Cherno were totally inaccessible. They nerfed it a few days later because practically everyone was dead or without ammo.

There was also a version where zed infection of some sort was really easy to get. Entire groups of people died out. And stuff was lost :D

Well back in 2012 there was a version of dayZ mod where it was almost impossible to loot towns lol. I remember it well. Every village was literally infested with zombies, places like Cherno were totally inaccessible. They nerfed it a few days later because practically everyone was dead or without ammo.

There was also a version where zed infection of some sort was really easy to get. Entire groups of people died out. And stuff was lost :D

Sounds like the perfect DayZ

• Like 2

Sounds like the perfect DayZ

Lets not forget chain agro. That was painful. 

Holy narrow-minded and one way thinking.  PvP will not be the norm because of stuff.  PvP will always have it's place but it is not the norm.  When a player has to choose between his last few bullets or "stuff" I'll bet you my last can of tuna that player will not choose wasting their bullets.  PvP is very much the norm right now as bullets, weapons, food, items, everything but survival is all over the place.

• Like 4

The zombies are still a work in progress. There were tons more before the .57 build (also more animals). Although limited I think they made a tweak a week or so ago server side that is at least causing them to respawn, because I've cleaned entire towns out and then circle back through and find it populated with zombies again. However, I agree - when they get the numbers up it's going to change things.

I pretty much stopped playing stable because of lack of zombies. There are many different ways to play dayz, but every would be more difficult and challenging with zombies around.

• Like 2

It's funny how we all thought the same when we were playing the mod and standalone was announced. Man, when they make zombies better, add more of them, give players incentive not to KOS, this is going to be one hell of a game! And here we are almost 2 years later...

• Like 1

The zombies are still a work in progress. There were tons more before the .57 build (also more animals). Although limited I think they made a tweak a week or so ago server side that is at least causing them to respawn, because I've cleaned entire towns out and then circle back through and find it populated with zombies again. However, I agree - when they get the numbers up it's going to change things.

Yeah, or rather work not so much in progress really

Yeah, or rather work not so much in progress really

go play another zombie game then, there is plenty out there, be warned though: they aren't DayZ

dunno what game you kids play but...havent been KOS´ed in a while. Z´s are WIP and more crying wont change that. 

latest .exp version had heaps of good functionality i really enjoied. Played on the Z spawntest server, found chainsaw, found bottle, fill up chainsaw and had fun around zelenogorsk with said chainsaw.

I think that it's going to take more than zombies. They are a huge factor, but there needs to be more external stresses in general. Food and water are one such stress. It will be very interesting to see how they develop as more loot is added and the loot tables are finalized. Currently, looting is the primary source of food but I have a feeling that will change as more mechanics are added and improved. If you are looking for less KoS-y play, you are looking for a combination of stresses, risks, and rewards that make contact consistently more profitable than shoot and loot.

I think that it's going to take more than zombies. They are a huge factor, but there needs to be more external stresses in general. Food and water are one such stress. It will be very interesting to see how they develop as more loot is added and the loot tables are finalized. Currently, looting is the primary source of food but I have a feeling that will change as more mechanics are added and improved. If you are looking for less KoS-y play, you are looking for a combination of stresses, risks, and rewards that make contact consistently more profitable than shoot and loot.

players will always find a reason to kos, especially organized groups, which probably 90% of the community consists of

also, there is always a way to get food, even if both survivors meeting see no way, one will be able to eat :o

I agree with what he's saying here, 90%.

[but trust me; While you should expand out west, you really don't want to run into players in the west. It almost always ends badly.]

A thousand zombies in one city... I never even considered that. Just the thought of it is amazing.

It would be awesome trying to desperately sneak through that, or even as a fully geared

team, to deal with that.

And yeah, PVP. will ALWAYS be a thing, to a certain extent. It's a natural variable of zombie-apocalyptic-survival. 

I'm quite surprised of what is happening. Zombies worked quite well one year ago or so. Then they started become invincible. Now apparently there's something really wrong with them as the devs had to remove them (albeit temporarily).

I've noticed this too.

The answer is: they are working on them. They tested a lot of things live, and have been internally working on them for quite some time.

Right now, they've fixed up the current A.I., and are just figuring how to make the current zombies not eat up server resources.

(And according to recent twitter reports, they might have that solved.)

Next, comes fixing them up. Polishing them up, and making them an actual threat.

NOTE: Around the time .57 came out, they have increased the total amount of zombies in a server by 100+ [wooho, so much]. But, they've also relocated the amount of zombies from less popular areas and smaller towns, to the bigger and more popular cities. 

In early experimental, they where relatively prominent in major cities at a decent rate [i.e., in a slightly more dangerous state]

Edited by Deadjuice

I wish I could run a .55 server with the .58 CLE. Zombies were many, bugged to be silent which made them way more scary as they often started bashing the shit out of the back of your head when you least expected it, and took a fair number of bullets to put down.

Edited by ColdAtrophy