Sign in to follow this  
scrubbie_mcnoob

Dayz Realisim

While checking out the forums today I came across the below image,

DayZnewVehicles.jpg

And instantly noticed something wrong. As an owner of Lada Niva's I've been keen to get them into the game, the only problem is this, the bonnet (hood to my 'murican comrades) is hinged the wrong way.

Obviously this is a game breaking design bug and needs to be fixed before any other minor issues like renderer, lag, duping etc are done.

• Like 7

Thinking about it I find this picture you posted very realistic. Look at this sad guy that seems to be thinking "stupid Lada, it gets broken all the time, I should've get a normal car instead".

Just like in real life!

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 3

Thinking about it I find this picture you posted very realistic. Look at this sad guy that seems to be thinking "stupid Lada, it gets broken all the time, I should've get a normal car instead".

Just like in real life!

Lada is the perfect post-apocalyptic vehicle. It's easy to fix, easier than most 70's cars and has acceptable fuel consumption.

Edited by BlinkingRiki182
  • Like 1

I asked the mighty google and it seems that there are pictures of the bonnet being hinged either way. Maybe it depends on different models?

(I'm not a car enthusiast by any stretch of imagination btw)

Lada is the perfect post-apocalyptic vehicle. It's easy to fix, easier than most 70's cars and has acceptable fuel consumption.

Lada is the Mosin of cars...

• Like 1

Mate of mine had a Lada when he was 19.....it didnt help him get the ladies.

• Like 3

Well... having Lada wen you are 19 is okayish but when  you are  25+ and still driving Lada then yeah, it's lame

Well... having Lada wen you are 19 is okayish but when  you are  25+ and still driving Lada then yeah, it's lame

Shit, I'm in my late 30's and still thrashing my Niva in the weekends. I'll take it places most others won't, when your vehicle is worth less than the tyres on it, risks are taken in regards to the cars well being.

• Like 1

True story. One of my family fellas had a Lada. He turned upside down to show his insurance company dominance.

Haha, I'll crawl to the cross and admit that I wouldn't mind puttering around in a Niva. Occasionally taking it off road and such.

i'm pumped for that car it looks like it should do decent off-road with those kinds of tires seems like a gremlin with more balls. i hope we get a cherry picker when bases or camps become a thing it would be cool to modify the engine with different parts that make sense like a turbo or a extra fuel cell or things like re enforced doors and windows with run flat tires. of course if things aren't viable on these models of cars oh well i'm glad we have 3 vehicles with modifications that they are adding beggars can't be choosers i say.

• Like 1

Shit, I'm in my late 30's and still thrashing my Niva in the weekends. I'll take it places most others won't, when your vehicle is worth less than the tyres on it, risks are taken in regards to the cars well being.

Haha, I'll crawl to the cross and admit that I wouldn't mind puttering around in a Niva. Occasionally taking it off road and such.

Having Lada as a hobby car for weekends is ok. While you repair it as a hobby or simply have money for mechanic or have someone that repairs it for you for free.

But what I was thinking was the guys that are 25+ and use Lada as their main car lol.

Cherry picker is for get over wall of enemy base?

Because a slow, loud ass machine that leaves anyone on top completely vulnerable is a great idea for breaching a base well constructed and defended enough to have a wall high enough that you need one to get over/around it.

Yeah, I actually really want to see this in game now, :P

• Like 1

Lada Niva is not chick magnet, its working car for forest companies, rangers, army and hunters. If you want to get some babes, you buy Lada Samara coupe!

• Like 2

This would get you the cutoff short wearing beer drinking chicks around here as they're required to bypass gates to the good spots on the river this time of year. The compact SUVs can fit through places fullsize trucks can't and you can have more fun for less money with the ridiculous fuel prices these days.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ladas aren't common but but Suzukis are quite sought after here I see lots of them as daily drivers.

285599.jpg

• Like 2

'zukes are excellent 4wd toys.

They're like baby bears, pawing their way up them hills.

Now those other cars, not aLada love for them in my heart.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Do they still even make Ladas? I've not seen 1 since the 90's when my local taxi company used to use them until doors started to swing open when going round corners and kids falling out the back (true story)

No wonder we have a Zombie Apocolipse with all this shit junk we find!! Humanity never stood a chance!