Pyongo Bongo

Bigger Forests please?

I have been running around in the forests around Elektro a lot, looting deerstands and hiding stashes.

The thing that really stood out to me was how there would always be a village or town nearby, barely any secluded areas deep inside a big forest.

I picture being lost in a giant forest and using all those survival mechanics (hunting, cooking etc.) to survive, and especially watching out for future bears attacking fun.

Anyone else interested in some forest gameplay?

• Like 6

Ya there are not enough wilderness area on the map anymore. If they are gonna keep adding more towns they should make the map bigger, not take away the forests.

• Like 3

Ya there are not enough wilderness area on the map anymore. If they are gonna keep adding more towns they should make the map bigger, not take away the forests.

There are plenty of "wilderness" areas on the map. It is just that nobody actually goes to them.

Untouched fields, forests, hills, anything that isn't developed is a "wilderness area". Take away the fields that surround towns and roads, and you still have a significant number of square kilometers of wilderness.

Everyone runs to the edges of the map. Don't do that. There are plenty of forests I've gotten lost in on the map. Take a walk through the birch forests along the northern edge, or the wooden mountains of the west. Or, brave the forbidding dells of the Black Forest, which, including the mountain range to the south, give you a rough 1/3-1/4 of the map, where I have personally spent two weeks on a full-pop public server, and not seen a soul.

• Like 6

There is more to the map than Electro, Cherno and Berizino.  GET OFF THE COAST!!!

Edited by leader.one
  • Like 1

There is more to the map the Electro, Cherno and Berizino.  GET OFF THE COAST!!!

I have been traveling in the forests around the NWAF, Zub and Green Mountain in the same session, they did not look more satisfying to me

I have been traveling in the forests around the NWAF, Zub and Green Mountain in the same session, they did not look more satisfying to me

Then maybe check out "The Forest".  It's got lots of trees

Edited by leader.one
  • Like 2

You want forests, and the big city PVP lifestyle that Elektro offers?  There's always plenty of forest north of Sinistok, and plenty of people a few clicks to the south. Perhaps someone should eat that cake for you; if you won't have it.

There is enough forest, trust me. Some are so big that I sometimes start to question myself if I'm going in the correct direction. But trust me there is enough forest. If you want I can take you to one *evil laugh*. :D

H6HYTt4.png

There's a pretty vast forest in the extreme north-west area of the map.

The problem is that there is nothing in the forests to make it worth while for people to go there...

Also... the south eastern corner of the map is very very boring... which is why most people run to elek or berezino...

I have been running around in the forests around Elektro a lot,

uhm, uhm...how about going inland ? Shitloads of lush forests and places there.

There really are lots of forests north east of Electro.  And fields.  And hills.  And no players.  Well, thats a lie.  Only a few months back, I was running the dirt road up towards Dolina when I popped off into the woods to check my real like phone.  As I sat in a bush, two dude ran past.  I tailed them to an intersection, then made contact.  We left as friends.

There are times when the woods have people but it is very rare.

I have been running around in the forests around Elektro a lot, looting deerstands and hiding stashes.

The thing that really stood out to me was how there would always be a village or town nearby, barely any secluded areas deep inside a big forest.

I picture being lost in a giant forest and using all those survival mechanics (hunting, cooking etc.) to survive, and especially watching out for future bears attacking fun.

In the begging the NORTH was all big forest, sadly it got heavy urbanised patch by patch.

There were even threads "save forests" etc "save pobeba dam"

The entire western side of the map (west of Kamenka, all the way North past Zeleno, Myshkino, and Lopatino) is nothing but forest and fields. In the mod it was prime real-estate for hidden camps.

• Like 1

The entire western side of the map (west of Kamenka, all the way North past Zeleno, Myshkino, and Lopatino) is nothing but forest and fields. In the mod it was prime real-estate for hidden camps.

Ahh the vanilla map, so green, so climatic. I miss it.  Bumping into buildings and roads everywhere you go just does not feel as good as it was in vanilla, when  you went North, you went into wilderness. Real wilderness.

2urqs0m.jpg

• Like 2

Ahh the vanilla map, so green, so climatic. I miss it.  Bumping into buildings and roads everywhere you go just does not feel as good as it was in vanilla, when  you went North, you went into wilderness. Real wilderness.

2urqs0m.jpg

Sad thing is.. even with as "forested" as that map is, there were very few safe places to hide vehicles/tents. 

Step 1: Repair/steal a helicopter

Step 2: Fly around the borders of the map 

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

Trick is... If you had 1 helicopter, you had to get them all, other-wise people would do the same to you.. Then once you had all the helicopters you could collect as many vehicles as you wanted.. Then once you had that, it was just a matter of squashing other peoples camps.. then before you know it, the server you're on dies because nobody can find vehicles and their camps keep getting raided.. Then you just have helicopters, vehicles, a huge camp, and nobody to use it all on. :(

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 3

There are plenty of "wilderness" areas on the map. It is just that nobody actually goes to them.

Untouched fields, forests, hills, anything that isn't developed is a "wilderness area". Take away the fields that surround towns and roads, and you still have a significant number of square kilometers of wilderness.

Everyone runs to the edges of the map. Don't do that. There are plenty of forests I've gotten lost in on the map. Take a walk through the birch forests along the northern edge, or the wooden mountains of the west. Or, brave the forbidding dells of the Black Forest, which, including the mountain range to the south, give you a rough 1/3-1/4 of the map, where I have personally spent two weeks on a full-pop public server, and not seen a soul.

I live strictly in the forests and never step foot in the cities, but I still run into people frequently, and nomatter how deep into the forest I go a town or village is never far away. If there were enough forests I would be able to disappear into the forest and it would be a long trip to get to the closest town/village.

Sad thing is.. even with as "forested" as that map is, there were very few safe places to hide vehicles/tents. 

Step 1: Repair/steal a helicopter

Step 2: Fly around the borders of the map 

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

Trick is... If you had 1 helicopter, you had to get them all, other-wise people would do the same to you.. Then once you had all the helicopters you could collect as many vehicles as you wanted.. Then once you had that, it was just a matter of squashing other peoples camps.. then before you know it, the server you're on dies because nobody can find vehicles and their camps keep getting raided.. Then you just have helicopters, vehicles, a huge camp, and nobody to use it all on. :(

That's why there was AS50 (anti material sniper rifle) to keep "population" of helicopters in check.

I never kinda could get it why it was removed from game, it was only thing that kept this overpowered helicopters in check.

I live strictly in the forests and never step foot in the cities, but I still run into people frequently, and nomatter how deep into the forest I go a town or village is never far away. If there were enough forests I would be able to disappear into the forest and it would be a long trip to get to the closest town/village.

I am staying away from hot spots while playing on 50/50 pop servers and I didn't saw single other player in like forever. You must be in the forests around hot spots to bump into other players really.

That's why there was AS50 (anti material sniper rifle) to keep "population" of helicopters in check.

I never kinda could get it why it was removed from game, it was only thing that kept this overpowered helicopters in check.

I am staying away from hot spots while playing on 50/50 pop servers and I didn't saw single other player in like forever. You must be in the forests around hot spots to bump into other players really.

I mostly stay to the northwest part of the map.

I mostly stay to the northwest part of the map.

Well then you must be like player magnet talizman or something.

Or maybe better spotter than me, who knows, maybe I am actually passing by other players and didnt even notice them and they are not noticing me and I don't even know.

Well then you must be like player magnet talizman or something.

Or maybe better spotter than me, who knows, maybe I am actually passing by other players and didnt even notice them and they are not noticing me and I don't even know.

I see most people before they spot me so they pass by me without even knowing I'm there. but I strictly play first person servers so its easier to hide.

I had a similar thread over here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226510-increase-map-size/ (with a slightly misleading title)

I hope the devs will reconsider map design at some point.

Before the map changes there was a lot more terrain in which you could get lost.

Not so much small towns, cities.

All the towns in the north were literally not there, it was better that way.

I once got lost for 2,5 hours (!), before nearly starving I finally found a town.

good old times..

• Like 1