eno

Suicide repercussions...

-snip-

I lol'd!

Only bads will ever die to infected.  They wont affect anything.

Not true.

You haven't played 1.0 so you can't say this.

• Like 1

I'm gonna call bullshit on this entire post.

So, you stick to the northern/western areas of the map but somehow you repeatedly kill entire squads over and over on the coast huh?

I have about 1000 hours in this game and untold/uncounted hours in the DayZ Mod.. Been playing both games combined for over 2 years. I've been a Hero with over 11,000 humanity and I've been a bandit with -500,000 humanity. I've done squad-play down in Elektro/Berezino in Standalone, and I've spent countless hours around Zeleno, Veresnik, Vybor, NWAF, and elsewhere. Because I NOW mainly stick to the NW areas of the map does not mean I've NEVER repeatedly killed entire squads over and over on the coast. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Rewards bad play? Says you!  Who are you to call it bad play.

Says me. See above. Bad play = Shit players (usually kids) holding down fire button from their Duped M4/AK on Freshspawns. Sitting in the Red houses or camping in the firestation, shooting everything they see, and as soon as someone shows up who can actually defend themselves, they shit their pants and combat log. 

Those full servers that you see, that provide invaluable stress testing data, are because organized "asshole" groups make it so.

I don't see what this has to do with anything... Any full pop server will have PVP action and any full pop server will be a stress test. Fact is, you're much more likely to see dupers, teleporters, script kiddies, and squads of 12 year old scrubs capping freshies on the coast than you are at NWAF.

Go check out some videos.  A majority of them, which BI supports (survivor games anyone), are clans and groups doing exactly what you despise.

Clearly you've never watched the Survivor Games.. Survivor games are TEAMS of players who work together and get restricted to a smaller and smaller operating area. Everyone is on equal terms, and nobody gets to run back to their body. Are you high?

How about you go make some videos where you're always wiping out squads over and over.  Those clans are paying, supporting consumers, deal with it.

Already did.

Each of the below videos I (or a friend and I) wipe out at least 1 squad.

There's more, but I got tired of linking.

You're clearly upset that 'people can run back to their bodies and get all their loot back, even though you constantly murder them'.  Yea.  It's easy to see how your claims would be true when you say you wipe them.  Must really upset you to kill all these 'assholes', huh.

Sounds like you're one of the scrubs that hangs around Elektro/Berezino with constantly ruined gear and doesn't partake in the actual "survival" aspect of this game at all. Maybe you're not aware of this ... but there are other FPS games out there with much better PVP than DayZ.. Counter-Strike Global Offensive, ARMA III Wasteland, and Insurgency come to mind.. 

This is Dayz

This is my story

In my story, you die.

Bold words for someone on the forums. Did you play CS1.6? Do you play CSGO? If so, what's your rank? Ever played any competitive FPS? Ever run a successful team? Ever won money on LAN? Ever won any tournaments or climbed any ladders or been in the playoffs for any leagues? If not, then I think you should chill your tits and know your role. 

My gripe with Imp's post is that he comes off as some badass that is somehow forced to stay in Elecktro/Berezino and camp assholes and then whines about how he has to kill them all day long.  Not realistic or believable.

This is a whole lot of putting words into my mouth. You want to see me in action? I have a plethora of videos to choose from in a variety of games. I never stated that I was forced to stay anywhere, I never whined about killing anyone, and if you don't find me "realistic" or "believable" that's your fucking problem. Do some research before you open your mouth, next time. 

edit: Formatting.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 4

I respect the skills and experience but can we save the dick measuring for a different thread?

• Like 1

-snip-

ahaha.. I lolled.

I respect the skills and experience but can we save the dick measuring for a different thread? 

It's cool, I'm done.. Just when ratchet ass forum goers come out the cut and get outta line I gotta snatch some weaves.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

It's cool, I'm done.. Just when ratchet ass forum goers come out the cut and get outta line I gotta snatch some weaves.

Don't forget to add jive talkin' to your resume. lol

Can we ease up on the dank memes please.

• Like 1

... can we save the dick measuring for a different thread?

He was just defending himself.

• Like 1

I've been playing a little more passively lately- watching from a distance to see what people are up to. Particularly in Svet- obviously not "THE PLACE" everyone wants to be. 

But I've been really surprised at the sheer number of suicides that occur there- probably more than half the people I see in Svet run up the cranes, the hospital or the industrial building and jump off. 

I know they're wanting to respawn somewhere else for whatever reason- to be closer to their buddies or better loot... whatever the case may be. Heck- I do get it... I've done the same thing. Main reason is because it's relatively easy to do and there is no punishment or drawback. 

I'm not sure what the devs' intentions are with that whole concept and the spawning process. Is suicide always going to be without repercussions? Just a quick jump off a building and a 20-60 second wait for a new body? Is that capturing the essence of the game as it intends to be or is this just a place holder for a more elaborate system? 

A part of me would hate it... but one thing I've been mulling around that I know would stop me from committing suicide would be in the event of a suicide (using the suicide key) or a death by falling in general you end up respawning in the same place you originally spawned with that character.

Possible drawback might be that people who are unhealthy or wounded could just go back to their spawn point and kill themselves (if they're close enough to do so)- then come back with a fresh body and take their loot back. A few stars would have to be in alignment for that to be possible- but I suppose it could happen. 

Another option would be a longer respawn period... something long enough to make suicide less desirable. 

Kind of like shooting... people do it because there are no repercussions. Your hearing isn't affected... there's no massive zombie horde that races at you... no sense of guilt or loss... Hence oodles of people shoot first and ask questions later. It's a play style that I think has emerged as a way of passing the time moreso than what the game intended to be. Make it harder on people who pull the trigger- maybe people will shoot less often and when their lives depend on it instead of when boredom creeps up.

Suicide is the same- and it seems odd to me that a game based on survival is set up in such a way to make killing yourself so easy and even rewarding. 

This is my opinion anyway... what's yours?

But there wouldn't be that big of a need to commit suicide if the areas were interesting to scout and there was a some meaningful loot. I mean if you spawn in lets say Shakhovka, and you are on a decently populated server, chances are the area's been picked clean, and its surroundings like Staroye or Dolina also. Its not much help either when the only thing you find are ruined sneakers and winter hats.

And in the end, if you want to kill yourself to be closer with your friends or spawn somewhere more preferable, you will, be it jumping from a crane or a hospital, taking a knife to the throat, running into zombies, or blowing your brains out with a handgun they took from a Police department or even asking a stranger to be murdered.

And it will be hard to determine if the fall, zombie death, or the murder were , or were not accidental.

Like I said, you can only eliminate the problem of not enough meaningful loot by adding more places like the PD which spawn some weapons, (buildings like a Gun Club, shooting range, etc...), adding more methods of transportation ( I really doubt it everybody and their dog took all of their bicycles and scooters with them), and simply making sections of the map interesting to explore(Skyscrapers are cool and all, but when they have nothing inside most of the time, people avoid them because of a possibility of an ambush).

Edited by wojtek678

But there wouldn't be that big of a need to commit suicide if the areas were interesting to scout and there was a some meaningful loot. I mean if you spawn in lets say Shakhovka, and you are on a decently populated server, chances are the area's been picked clean, and its surroundings like Staroye or Dolina also. Its not much help either when the only thing you find are ruined sneakers and winter hats.

And in the end, if you want to kill yourself to be closer with your friends or spawn somewhere more preferable, you will, be it jumping from a crane or a hospital, taking a knife to the throat, running into zombies, or blowing your brains out with a handgun they took from a Police department or even asking a stranger to be murdered.

And it will be hard to determine if the fall, zombie death, or the murder were , or were not accidental.

Like I said, you can only eliminate the problem of not enough meaningful loot by adding more places like the PD which spawn some weapons, (buildings like a Gun Club, shooting range, etc...), adding more methods of transportation ( I really doubt it everybody and their dog took all of their bicycles and scooters with them), and simply making sections of the map interesting to explore(Skyscrapers are cool and all, but when they have nothing inside most of the time, people avoid them because of a possibility of an ambush).

Yeah, none of your post really has anything to do with the current spawning system. It needs fixed, whether or not the map is diverse enough at the moment.

Loot diversity will come. DayZ is a survival game. If you get an underwhelming spawn, that's the card you drew, so deal with it.

One such way to stop or atleast help prevent this is to randomize the spawn so that you cannot possibly predict how you will spawn thus making killing yourself a potentially fruitless effort.

Another way is to turn off fall damage for the first hour of a characters life.

One such way to stop or atleast help prevent this is to randomize the spawn so that you cannot possibly predict how you will spawn thus making killing yourself a potentially fruitless effort.

Another way is to turn off fall damage for the first hour of a characters life.

If we are by this ideas I would think about something simpler:

20 minute respawn timer.

I wouldn't mind harsher penalties for death in general. A 5 minute wait sounds harsh but it'd deter suicide and PvP punchouts, as well as sprinting to loot your own body. I'd argue that dying within, say, 30 seconds of spawning should not incur a spawn timer. It'd suck to get killed while spawning in and to then be faced with a 5 minute timer.

5 minutes is enough to make a cup of tea or a sandwich and to deter suicide for better spawns while not being so long as to eat into a play session.

• Like 1

Yeah, none of your post really has anything to do with the current spawning system. It needs fixed, whether or not the map is diverse enough at the moment.

Loot diversity will come. DayZ is a survival game. If you get an underwhelming spawn, that's the card you drew, so deal with it.

Except shitty loot is the primary reason why people kill themselves, they'd rather not spend three hours of time to get gear when they can respawn and get it within 30 minutes.

Except shitty loot is the primary reason why people kill themselves, they'd rather not spend three hours of time to get gear when they can respawn and get it within 30 minutes.

...exactly, therein lies the problem.

They shouldn't even have the option to suicide to make the game easier. This is a fucking survival game, right? If you get a crappy spawn, so be it, them's the cards. If you happen to spawn near Elektro, consider yourself lucky. It takes at most 45 minutes to run from one end of the map to the other, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "three hour" figure.

Just because you want to save ten minutes running to your friends isn't even remotely close to a good excuse for them to prevent suicide spamming.

• Like 3

All good discussion. I thank you!

People need to value their life more than they value the gear... But in a game- I'm not sure exactly how you do that other than some of the points I mentioned already about enhancing the senses and skills / crafting speed perhaps over time. You're new? Then it takes a long time to craft anything or bandage. Been in there for a hundred hours... you craft like a boss. 

That coupled with a respawn timer that gets longer with the more you use it... 

Now then... how many 0000s and 11111s do I need to type to make that happen? How long? Perhaps a couple days? 

I'm all about realistic expectations. 

I could care less if someone suicides. If you're dead, then you're dead. What more do you need then that? You're still going to be a fresh spawn, you're still going to be hungry, close to thirsty and no gear. You still have to wait for 30 seconds and then there's the "please wait" time, and who knows how long that takes, sometimes. Besides, it's still a game. Play it how you want to play it. You paid for it. 

I'm gonna call bullshit on this entire post.

So, you stick to the northern/western areas of the map but somehow you repeatedly kill entire squads over and over on the coast huh?

Rewards bad play? Says you!  Who are you to call it bad play.  Those full servers that you see, that provide invaluable stress testing data, are because organized "asshole" groups make it so.  Go check out some videos.  A majority of them, which BI supports (survivor games anyone), are clans and groups doing exactly what you despise.   How about you go make some videos where you're always wiping out squads over and over.  Those clans are paying, supporting consumers, deal with it.

It's not even a game yet.  It's an alpha build and the current environment propagates this type of behavior.

You're clearly upset that 'people can run back to their bodies and get all their loot back, even though you constantly murder them'.  Yea.  It's easy to see how your claims would be true when you say you wipe them.  Must really upset you to kill all these 'assholes', huh.

This is Dayz

This is my story

In my story, you die.

Chill the f*** out, dude.

He's not saying he's a god among men and rapes entire squads all the time.

He's giving an example on why coastal deathmatch gets really dull really fast, which I agree with.

When you're up north, or not 5min away from a spawn point, MOST TEND to not YOLO pvp as much, which is killing this game.

btw i would wreck you 1v1

Edited by hooligun

Chill the f*** out, dude.

He's not saying he's a god among men and rapes entire squads all the time.

He's giving an example on why coastal deathmatch gets really dull really fast, which I agree with.

When you're up north, or not 5min away from a spawn point, MOST TEND to not YOLO pvp as much, which is killing this game.

Welcome to the forums. The somewhat unnecessarily harsh nature of the post you replied to was dealt with accordingly by other users many posts ago, so you needn't have responded to it yourself. :)

btw i would wreck you 1v1

The passive-aggressive and public challenging of another user to a 1v1 is strictly forbidden until you have reached a minimum of twenty million posts. Chances are, he will have checked himself prior to your aforementioned wreckage anyway.

Welcome to the forums. The somewhat unnecessarily harsh nature of the post you replied to was dealt with accordingly by other users many posts ago, so you needn't have responded to it yourself. :)

The passive-aggressive and public challenging of another user to a 1v1 is strictly forbidden until you have reached a minimum of twenty million posts. Chances are, he will have checked himself prior to your aforementioned wreckage anyway.

i'll wreck you too m8

• Like 2

Punish people for suiciding? Hell I find it stupid there isnt a suicide button in the game to begin with.

If I am with my friends in cherno and I die, then thats where I want to go back to.

The one constant about these forums is there is a core group of people who want the game a certain way, so basically its them and thier 12 friends left playing it.

Your punishment was dying in the first place, making it so you cant respawn back to where your friends and possibly whats left of your muffed up gear is just salting the wound.

Punish people for suiciding? Hell I find it stupid there isnt a suicide button in the game to begin with.

If I am with my friends in cherno and I die, then thats where I want to go back to.

The one constant about these forums is there is a core group of people who want the game a certain way, so basically its them and thier 12 friends left playing it.

Your punishment was dying in the first place, making it so you cant respawn back to where your friends and possibly whats left of your muffed up gear is just salting the wound.

some of the "friends" might be the DEV team, cause say always stated that there will be NO BUTTON which let you choose your spawnpoint.

if you want to play with your friends, go and play with them, it needs work to get to your friends thats it.

best way in my opinion is don´t shoot other guys and don´t get killed, easy ayh?

some of the "friends" might be the DEV team, cause say always stated that there will be NO BUTTON which let you choose your spawnpoint.

if you want to play with your friends, go and play with them, it needs work to get to your friends thats it.

best way in my opinion is don´t shoot other guys and don´t get killed, easy ayh?

Thanks for that tip, sadly all it did is prove to me that there are some very bored and wierd people in this world.....All dayz is, and always will be good for, is shooting other people. If it wasnt for conflict with other people, the only thing that could kill you would be the bugs in the game, it certainly couldnt be the AI....

Edited by gwartham

Thanks for that tip, sadly all it did is prove to me that there are some very bored and wierd people in this world.....All dayz is, and always will be good for, is shooting other people. If it wasnt for conflict with other people, the only thing that could kill you would be the bugs in the game, it certainly couldnt be the AI....

Ugh, let's not start beating another dead horse. It's absolutely meaningless to say that DayZ will remain the way it is, because it won't. Let the triggermen have their fun. They won't be laughing when the hordes come checking out what all the noise is.