69 members have voted

1. 1. Which sniper do you prefer?

• Winchester model 70
    • SVD
    • Sporter
    • Blaze
    • CR 527
    • Trumpet

So haven't made a poll in a while and seeing as in most games I play the sniper I would like to know what the popular opinion is of current snipers in the game. (Currently im tossing up between the SVD and model 70)

Well here's a poll, if i forget anyone's ranged weapon of choice feel free to let me know in the comments.

Also if you have the time, I would appreciate if some of you would explain why your favorite rifles is your favorite.

NOTE: I have decided not to include Ak's or M4's with PSO or acog scopes, as Im trying to find info on long range weapons. We're also assuming that the rifles I have listed are equipped with their respective scopes.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

I voted Winchester, but I could've just as easily voted Blaze double rifle. Anything using the new Winchester rounds is my go-to.

Haven't gotten my hands on an SVD yet, but that seems like it's a pretty good gun for sniping. 

The new IZH 18 and Mosin could still also fall within your poll, even maybe the SKS. Haven't used the IZH yet, nor used the Mosin with a PSO scope in a while, so I'd still probably choose the Winchester over any of those.

Edited by tux

I voted Winchester, but I could've just as easily voted Blaze double rifle. Anything using the new Winchester rounds is my go-to.

Haven't gotten my hands on an SVD yet, but that seems like it's a pretty good gun for sniping. 

The new IZH 18 and Mosin could still also fall within your poll, even maybe the SKS. Haven't used the IZH yet, nor used the Mosin with a PSO scope in a while, so I'd still probably choose the Winchester over any of those.

As much as id love to search for an SVD on the private hive server I play on, the only thing turning me off is that the PSO scope only zoom's to 4x. Currently using the Winchester.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

Before I got an SVD I would have voted Winchester.  Really, I could go either way.

Edited to add that I actually got really lucky and found my SVD with a lucky log in on a public server.  https://youtu.be/7x2pZTmfAIY

Edited by OldManRiver

As much as id love to search for an SVD on the private hive server I play on, the only thing turning me off is that the PSO scope only zoom's to 4x. Currently using the Winchester.

Understandable.  The Winchester with hunting scope zooms in further, but the downside is that it seems to take more shots to down a geared player than the SVD.  The upside of the SVD - besides power - is that it has a range finder and is semi-auto, so I can fire 2 shots rapidly, if needed.  The downside, beside the PSO scope, is that ammo is sparse and the maneuverablity seems a bit slower.  With practice, the SVD is equitable to the Winchester.

• Like 1

Understandable.  The Winchester with hunting scope zooms in further, but the downside is that it seems to take more shots to down a geared player than the SVD.  The upside of the SVD - besides power - is that it has a range finder and is semi-auto, so I can fire 2 shots rapidly, if needed.  The downside, beside the PSO scope, is that ammo is sparse and the maneuverablity seems a bit slower.  With practice, the SVD is equitable to the Winchester.

So the SVD does hit harder?? I thought 308 was the hardest hitting ammo in the game?

So the SVD does hit harder?? I thought 308 was the hardest hitting ammo in the game?

The 7.62 x 54mm hits harder.  The Mosin takes the same ammo, but isn't semi-auto and can only be equipped with the PU scope.  That is why I switched from the Mosin to the SVD for the 0.57 update, since the long range scope is no longer an option.

The 7.62 x 54mm hits harder.  The Mosin takes the same ammo, but isn't semi-auto and can only be equipped with the PU scope.  That is why I switched from the Mosin to the SVD for the 0.57 update, since the long range scope is no longer an option.

I forgot to mention that doorways are the same size as a player, so you can use them to range find with your PSO scope.  I have yet to find a battery in this update, so the range finder has been useless.  If you are good at estimating your ranges, then the Winchester is a good option.  Ammo is also plentiful for the Winchester.  Although, if you know where to look, the 7.62 ammo isn't diffcult to find.  I have found it in the barracks and in the small red and green houses with staircase on the side (on the stove or the floor).

Blaze with hunting scope is pretty epic. I got a couple of kills in Vybor last night at medium range. The CR is okay but limited by the fact you have to find a mag first. 

Winchester is a great gun, but I've never had the chance to use it with a scope yet so my vote may change once I score that combo. 

I dunno if I can go past that quick double shot with the Blaze though... If that first shot doesn't kill you can get another one on target super, super quick. Has anyone seen the Blaze snaploader recently? They used to spawn everywhere but I haven't seen one for ages. 

Having 2x snaploaders makes Blaze win easily for me.

Edited by Nicko2580

Mosin with LONG RANGE SCOPE anyone here can tell me they removed long range scope?

Mosin with LONG RANGE SCOPE anyone here can tell me they removed long range scope?

I believe it was because the Mosin doesn't actually have the setup to attach a scope like that, although I could be wrong. 

Mosin is still deadly with the PU Scope.

I believe it was because the Mosin doesn't actually have the setup to attach a scope like that, although I could be wrong. 

Mosin is still deadly with the PU Scope.

to be honest i havent used a pu scope rly for a long range shot but... it was awesome :D

My sniper weapon of choice! 83

Almost naked chicks . Guaranteed to slow any enemy down!Chick_db63c6_367696.jpg

I've voted Winchester Model 70 because the Hunting Scope, if you know which specific huts to check they're a 100% chance to find them and ammo is plentiful, also I've yet to get my hands on an SVD.

Having used both the Winchester and the SVD, my vote goes firmly to the former.

The range finding function on the PSO is really helpful. But there are two issues with that scope - first, the markings are pretty faint (which can be a pain in bad light) and second the 4x zoom is just not enough - especially if you're used to the hunting scope.

More importantly In practice, even once you've found the gun, SVD ammo and mags are scarce - really scarce. I see 10x as much .308 ammo as 7.62x54. With a Winchester I can just pootle around, secure in the knowledge that I have 120 rounds in my pack. With an SVD I had to be very conservative about who or what I was shooting at.

I want to hate it but the combo I love right now is: Sporter + 30rnd mag + Hunting scope + Improvised Silencer

Yeah it doesn't do the best damage but the low noise and recoil and 30 rounds meet you can plink-a-plink away happily and the ammo is everywhere.

Edit: SVD looks good but not used.  It actually looks a OP to me from what I've heard.  

Edited by wacktopia

But what is the definition of sniper weapon? Everything is a sniper weapon and sniper is a person.

But what is the definition of sniper weapon? Everything is a sniper weapon and sniper is a person.

Fair point. Suggest best weapon for killing at >300m? I don't know what the Sporter's ballistics are like at that range, but am interested in giving it a try.

Before I got an SVD I would have voted Winchester.  Really, I could go either way.

Edited to add that I actually got really lucky and found my SVD with a lucky log in on a public server.  https://youtu.be/7x2pZTmfAIY

What a lucker you are.

For any long-range task, the Winchester with a hunting scope is my new go-to. It's easily my favorite rifle in the whole game now, and combined with a potent secondary (sawed-off shotgun, SMG, etc.) it is hard to beat for all-around utility.

Since i dont do much extreme long distance shooting, i am enjoying my ak74 with kashtan scope.

Edited by cash81

SVD v. Winchester is a bit swings and roundabouts. Last night I hit a player twice with my Winchester from about 500m and he managed to crawl away and log out... >:(

Had I been shooting 7.62x54 he probably would have died, but then I might not have had the ammo to spare, plus the PSO might have diminished my chances of hitting him.

im glad the sporter is getting some love in this

sporter is my fav gun

Really depends on a lot of factors: location, surroundings, target, purpose, etc. Never tried the SVD yet but if I need to make an "one shot, one kill" kill then I'll use the Winchester.

However for silent sniping I think the Sporter is best. It doesn't do the trick with 1 bullet but think about what you can do to a target whenever you hit the person in the legs, total annihilation.

I certainly wouldn't count out the AKM with Kasthan scope either. If you have a drum mag and a silencer it's very, very deadly.