Sign in to follow this  
Finotxi

First Aid Kit!?

hello 

I have to speack that the First Aid Kit, Small Protector Case and Ammo Box have no more than 4 slots now!? what the point that you have those itens if is not for the extra space!?? now just ocupy 4 slots and have 4 slots of capacity!?? 

I like more like they were!?

:)

Edited by Finotxi

Do they? 

Can't say I've picked any of those up since .57 dropped. Be pretty disappointing if they've dropped them to 4x slots. Makes them entirely redundant (except for the protector case, for obvious reasons).

Inventory system is still not fully completed, so they have 4 slots right now. When It's fully ready, they will have 6 slots.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

hello 

I have to speack that the First Aid Kit, Small Protector Case and Ammo Box have no more than 4 slots now!? what the point that you have those itens if is not for the extra space!?? now just ocupy 4 slots and have 4 slots of capacity!?? 

I like more like they were!?

:)

Yes that is correct and seems to me to be the right choice from a realism point of view. How can the volume of items be decreased by putting them in a container that by logic law must have at least the same volume? The protector case and ammo box are now there for their real purpose: protecting the items inside against impact and possibly bullets.

• Like 1

true but i have found the ammo box and first aid kit and both with 4 slots! 

can talk with somebody to put like they were xD

Yes that is correct and seems to me to be the right choice from a realism point of view. How can the volume of items be decreased by putting them in a container that by logic law must have at least the same volume? The protector case and ammo box are now there for their real purpose: protecting the items inside against impact and possibly bullets.

because the items that you can store inside are specific and restrictive, and despite their generally consuming 1 space, they are (in reality) very small and should be able to be stored to a larger degree inside this holder item?  They are rare, cumbersome (ie: no immediate access from inventory) and have a restricted set of items they will accept.  What is the incentive of acquiring these containers?  Protect the bullets you're about to expend, and need to open two inventory windows to access?  *scough*

Have you ever seen even a basic first aid kit? 

whistle

compression bandage x2

bandaids x20,50,100

scissors,

tweezers,

razor/scalpel blade

gloves

antiseptic wipes

bandage x2

medical tape

this comes in a package slightly larger than a man's fist.

and if you're suggesting that a 300rnd ammo case can only hold 4x20 rounds of SKS ammo based purly on the profile graphic of the container, well then i guess this is why America spends so much money on war: carting around boxes of ammunition barely able to sustain 2x magazines for a soldier.

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 5

because the items that you can store inside are specific and restrictive, and despite their generally consuming 1 space, they are (in reality) very small and should be able to be stored to a larger degree inside this holder item?

Have you ever seen even a basic first aid kit? 

whistle

compression bandage x2

bandaids x20,50,100

scissors,

tweezers,

razor/scalpel blade

gloves

antiseptic wipes

bandage x2

medical tape

this comes in a package slightly larger than a man's fist.

Within the game logic you have a point that 2 bandage rolls should not take up as much space as a canteen, for example.

In real life volume is simply volume. For soft items you could use a compression bag to reduce the volume (essentially by pushing the air out) like they use for sleeping bags.

• Like 1

sorry but q.S Sachiel is right , in this case the first aid kit and the ammo box used (with 6 slots) just for medical and ammo itens is justify in the case of the protector (with 4 slot) is also justify

What the hell realism are you talking about? It is a game! Compass takes the same volume as the one round? 40 rounds take same volume as matchbox? etc.

Why  I need something to protect against from bullets? "You are dead"  and  please take my unbroken loot :D  :D  :D 

Edited by Spaels

The boxes and kits are good to transfer 4 items from your inventory to your friends inventory quickly.

It is faster to drag and drop one item than 4 items.

In real life those containers are mostly used to keep certain items together for quick access.

It wouldn't help if someone is dying and you have to search for bandages,etc. between your clothes.

It's not really about decreasing the volume of items, in real life.

The truth is that these items become useless. You can,t quickly get item from first-aid kits/ammo box. Answer the questions which will be more glad to find the ammo box or  svd rounds? Empty  first-aid kits or saline bag. Protective case or  alkaline battery?

Holy crap guys, stop whining. Who even used any of the containers to begin with? They've been a hindrance since launch - PITA to use. They'll fix it, though.

In the meantime, go buy a real first aid kit and wrap your faces in gauze to absorb all of the snot and tears.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 3

Here you go:

This is the answer that everyone is looking for.

However, I think they should stay the way they are now (offer the same amount of slots as they take up, and just provide protection to the items inside the case).

• Like 1

I liked that someone said you could put hot items in a protective case, which would keep the items from making you overheat. Good idea, maybe or maybe not very realistic.

Holy crap guys, stop whining. Who even used any of the containers to begin with? They've been a hindrance since launch - PITA to use. They'll fix it, though.

In the meantime, go buy a real first aid kit and wrap your faces in gauze to absorb all of the snot and tears.

How have they been a hindrance? Is it that hard to put a bandage that's in your medkit onto your hotbar?

How have they been a hindrance? Is it that hard to put a bandage that's in your medkit onto your hotbar?

They've been the cause of numerous crashes and inventory issues. Item-ception, items being deleted inside them upon logging in, server lag. Not to mention the "View Contents" feature is pretty new. You used to have to drop them on the ground, risking them disappearing or the server resetting.

So yeah, I feel pretty justified in labeling them a hindrance.

• Like 1

ive found about 3 or 4 ammo boxes. no protective cases, and no med kits. anyone else having this problem?

ive found about 3 or 4 ammo boxes. no protective cases, and no med kits. anyone else having this problem?

No med kits or protectors and 1 ammo box so far. Honestly didn't even take notice of the slots and I died from a terminal case of suicide with a Makarov not long after.  :P

• Like 1

Put them back to the way they were. You can actually fit almost 400 rounds of 5.56 in a 300 round ammo can. Having a 300 round can than only holds 80 is unrealistic. Things like ammo cans and med kits are designed to compress their contents allowing you to store more in the same space. The same goes for pelican cases(protector cases).

• Like 2

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

I have found some ammo box and a 2 or 3 aid kit, no protective case. and i can confirm that the 2 can protect the iten inside, however still have 4 slots! what could be amazyng is the protection of the itens with the old slots and apear more often in the game is the cherry on the top of the cake.

ps. sorry my english :D