kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

This wepons bug is annoying me. I went to Berezino, backtracking in order to find a crossbow I left there two days ago. Of course it wasn't there any more. However, I lost both, my shotgun and the P1 due to the weapon glitch within a minute. Luckily, I still carried a 1911, but this problem has to go. I have to log off and on again in the most dangerous places, just to check what is going on in my inventory. 

However, today is scope day! It seems that every hunting stand spawns at least one scope today! I have two pristine LRS and a worn PU. I left even more behind, because I'm a silly hoarder otherwise. In Berezino I found a banana mag for my sporter and I have plenty of cal.22. With the hunting scope that makes up my first proper rifle. I also find enough 1911 mags to keep me floating, but I cannot find any ACP .45 ammo, except in the 1911 mags.

On the way out of Berezino I decided to check the smallest shack, simply because I passed it by anyway. And - hello car battery! First one I see. I found the sparkplugs in the building of the same kind. They're those small wooden shaggs with a doorframe and window and the tilted roof. Usually there is crap in them, but I found glowplug and battery in this type of building. 

At the factory near Polana, Minsk fridges are invading! They are spawning on top of each other and within a 100m distance. It seems they are much smaller in inventory size now than when I first looked. I could have fit one in my hunting backpack, but was carrying too much to try. Definitely gonna try and get one of those, as soon as I repair the truck. Out of the three trucks I saw when I first played, only one remains unrepaired. So people are definitely getting them repd and drive around, which is neat. I'm still enjoying this patch, except for those few nasty inventory bugs. I'm pleasantly surprised persistance is working with the barrels. I found another one today ^^

Last time I was at the NW Airfield in all those buildings that you can enter now had UMP Mags which are .45 cal and they are all under the floor and you can't see them, so I just searched and walked thru and they were everywhere.

• Like 1

That thought crossed my mind but wasn't sure if the mechanics were in place for it. I just use rags right now as there's no risk with them yet. 

Just a precaution, I never know when I'm gonna fat finger it by mistake and once you start with a sewing kit you cannot cancel it..  Has worked so far.

• Like 1

Whenever I find a spray bottle of disinfectant I use it on everything that has a sharp edge and my sewing kits (both kinds). This mitigates the danger of wound infection.

The thing is I didn't use a sewing kit to stich my wounds, I didn't have any wounds at all. I got infected wounds from drinking from a water bottle my mate had when he had infected wounds.

The second time I got it was from eating food I had whilst I had infected wounds...

Therefore, infected wounds are contagious. Heading back to camp with disinfectant and finally found alcohol tincture. Will disinfect all my gear I was carrying and, if I do get infected wounds again I have the tincture to help

• Like 3

The thing is I didn't use a sewing kit to stich my wounds, I didn't have any wounds at all. I got infected wounds from drinking from a water bottle my mate had when he had infected wounds.

The second time I got it was from eating food I had whilst I had infected wounds...

Therefore, infected wounds are contagious. Heading back to camp with disinfectant and finally found alcohol tincture. Will disinfect all my gear I was carrying and, if I do get infected wounds again I have the tincture to help

Oh, cool.

Will keep an eye on that, it was before I started playing but the infected used to give players sickness right? Wonder if that's back in and I read about contagious diseases between players being implemented at some point, looking forward to seeing how all that works.

How'are we doing? :)

Ori boy found a new gun an hour ago - hopefully some ammo too, hehe.  ^_^

I had a couple stashed guns /backpacks and Im not sure whether they got found or despawned cuz nothing was left in each stash.

Hmm it was my understanding that the spray bottle of disinfectant was what players used on fruit to make players that ate the fruit sick. It's what players spray in open cans of food and bandages and all sorts of things that players end up using that makes the players sick. When I see a spray bottle, I take it into the woods and bury it. Is this just one of those urban legends that made it to dayz :-O

Would anyone mind naming off a few places they've seen boars this latest patch. I know there's one in Pulkovo sometimes.

My hypothesis with this spreading infection falls along the same lines as when you are wet.  If your body is wet, anything you touch or put on becomes wet/damp, etc.  I'm curious to understand infection spread, and once you have something on you that is infected, does it spreads across all your items? And what about other people that pickup items? What the OP's experienced on this topic would seem to indicate so. This could be, well, dramatic, in how game play is affected.  Ok, so who wants to get infected in the name of "science"?

Oh, cool.

Will keep an eye on that, it was before I started playing but the infected used to give players sickness right? Wonder if that's back in and I read about contagious diseases between players being implemented at some point, looking forward to seeing how all that works.

• Like 1

Just spent roughly 10hrs crisscrossing Chanarus and did not see anything with four legs.  Though I will caveat that statement with the fact that a tropical storm had enveloped the region and critters were pretty much the last thing I was looking for.

sfilmer

Helicopter Hunter

Posted Today, 07:27 PM

Would anyone mind naming off a few places they've seen boars this latest patch. I know there's one in Pulkovo sometimes.

Edited by Super_Duty

I had a couple stashed guns /backpacks and Im not sure whether they got found or despawned cuz nothing was left in each stash.

Just curious how close was it to any dynamic events? I've lost 3 stashes in total not due to a wipe in 200 or more hours of .58. 2 were bad placement of a barrel and it being instantly eaten by the uneven terrain, The other one was some stashed bags that were lost in less than maybe 6 hours but they were within 1km of an active helicopter spawn. 

Would love to know too so i can look myself and try and figure this one out. I spent a lot of time in the last week or so actively hunting with absolutely no luck going somewhere specific for a specific animal. I'm seeing random animals in random places and in places I've never seen them before. The only notable repeatable place has been the fields surrounding green mountain where I've come across a herd of deer one day and a herd of cows another. I have also encountered chickens in the middle of nowhere, deer right near the coast, and a lone large animal near Msta but it was night time and I was going for the truck and didn't want to risk identifying and pursuing it.

My hypothesis with this spreading infection falls along the same lines as when you are wet.  If your body is wet, anything you touch or put on becomes wet/damp, etc.  I'm curious to understand infection spread, and once you have something on you that is infected, does it spreads across all your items? And what about other people that pickup items? What the OP's experienced on this topic would seem to indicate so. This could be, well, dramatic, in how game play is affected.  Ok, so who wants to get infected in the name of "science"?

My oldest boy gets back from camp today and I'm currently leaving both accounts characters staged in the same area so I can do back and forth stuff easily and have persistence wipe proof storage. Will get on that as soon as I find a damn barrel.

WTborrow 1 barrel in 1pp, just need it for 10 minutes or information on where one was seen and if at all possible in this case interact with it which may have something to do with initially saving it from the half hour cleanup routine if no one finds it before then.  

Just curious how close was it to any dynamic events? I've lost 3 stashes in total not due to a wipe in 200 or more hours of .58. 2 were bad placement of a barrel and it being instantly eaten by the uneven terrain, The other one was some stashed bags that were lost in less than maybe 6 hours but they were within 1km of an active helicopter spawn. 

they were spread out north and west from the airfield :P within 400-500m range of possible heli spawns. there werent any helis when I put them there. possible that a heli spawned while I slept and took em with it?

they were spread out north and west from the airfield :P within 400-500m range of possible heli spawns. there werent any helis when I put them there. possible that a heli spawned while I slept and took em with it?

Just a theory I'm working on, the other thing I noticed is the small area I noticed it in was stripped bare of loot and slowly repopulated.

On a sidenote: the gameplay currently revolving around the small amount of servers, I will miss it. Everyone wants to go to the military bases for loot or hunt helis, there is always players on each server and theres a high chance to find stashes.

• Like 2

I got barrels, couple of them.  Back in 20 minutes storm rolling thru and I'm powering down the PC.

My oldest boy gets back from camp today and I'm currently leaving both accounts characters staged in the same area so I can do back and forth stuff easily and have persistence wipe proof storage. Will get on that as soon as I find a damn barrel.

WTborrow 1 barrel in 1pp, just need it for 10 minutes or information on where one was seen and if at all possible in this case interact with it which may have something to do with initially saving it from the half hour cleanup routine if no one finds it before then.  

• Like 1

I got barrels, couple of them.  Back in 20 minutes storm rolling thru and I'm powering down the PC.

Cool, thanks.

My hypothesis with this spreading infection falls along the same lines as when you are wet. If your body is wet, anything you touch or put on becomes wet/damp, etc. I'm curious to understand infection spread, and once you have something on you that is infected, does it spreads across all your items? And what about other people that pickup items? What the OP's experienced on this topic would seem to indicate so. This could be, well, dramatic, in how game play is affected. Ok, so who wants to get infected in the name of "science"?

I will check when I get back to camp. My thoughts are that it is only food and water...when my mate grabbed his gear he was fine, we had feed him all his food and water whilst he was unconscious.

I have stashed all my stuff away from camp, didn't want the infection to spread. I have food and water that I had whilst I was infected, so I will check each item and drink and eat until I get the infection again...for SCIENCES BITCHES!!!

• Like 1

Last night it was pouring rain and I was prone, glassing for players at tent city to see if it was safe to cruise in and I noticed water pouring down the hill. Almost a river of water coming down the hill and I guess I never noticed it before. Where do I upload video :-)

here... http://imgur.com

Copy the bbc code in your post.

Edit:  video or photo, not sure imgur does video.  I suggest youtube.

Last night it was pouring rain and I was prone, glassing for players at tent city to see if it was safe to cruise in and I noticed water pouring down the hill. Almost a river of water coming down the hill and I guess I never noticed it before. Where do I upload video :-)

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

Did you lost just contents or backpacks as well? I got back to my main camp last night only to find the empty spot. Something happened between monday and friday, not sure if i got raided or was the persistancy deleted, but i lost two barrels and twelve backpacks (mostly improvised but also MB)... This time i left a few markers in places with little chance someone finds it. If all of them are gone, i will know its persistency, not raid.

Kinda moseyed around from the prison island up to just outside Pogorevka, via Kamenka, Pavlovo, Zelengorsk and Sosnovka.  Have not seen any zeds anywhere.  Found two 30rnd AK74 Mags, about 70+loose 5.45mm, a pristine Kashtan and an AK74 in the open bay barracks in Zelengorsk.  At the prison Island I managed to find a Plate Carrier, pouches and the holster for it too along with a Khaki M65 down in the barracks there, jack pot!  Sun has come up on my server so time to hunker down..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2